Tanguay to the habs for 25 OA.

Mils

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A valid point. Bob will be aware of this, of course. But you may be forgetting that we're subtracting Ryder from the equation. So one of these two major (potential) acquisitions is replacing a lost asset, one that would have needed replacing anyway. Player turnover is part of the game - what's unusual here is simply the CALIBRE of the players being acquired. Look for potential risks all you want, but no team in the league would turn away Tanguay and Sundin in return for a 25th -overall pick and perhaps some other goodie thrown TO's way.

You're replacing salary more than a roster spot, considering how infrequently Ryder played this season. The roster spots available at forward will be more on the bottom two lines than the top two.

wow... I guess Bob has learned his lesson about getting burned come FA time. This is a good start, and if we add Sundin (who has to be interested in us acquiring Tanguay) we're set. Keep it up Bob!

What is our cap now? $45.25?

Yikes.

I'm happy to have Tanguay but there's got to be more going on? Are we going to dump a big contract in the form of a current player? We only have 11 million left and that's max. Healthy wiggle room leaves 9 million. We have to sign Kostitsyn! How do we afford Sundin or Hossa? How?

What's goin' on here?

This is a good start, and if we add Sundin (who has to be interested in us acquiring Tanguay) we're set. Keep it up Bob!

Good Point! Acquiring Tanguay might just be the last little push Sundin Needs to see that this team is going for teh Cup and nothing else!!!

Yikes.

I'm happy to have Tanguay but there's got to be more going on? Are we going to dump a big contract in the form of a current player? We only have 11 million left and that's max. Healthy wiggle room leaves 9 million. We have to sign Kostitsyn! How do we afford Sundin or Hossa? How?

What's goin' on here?

Maybe Kovalev is on his way out or lesser guys like Dandy?

Yikes.

What's goin' on here?

You can bet your car that the habs will not make any offers to Ryder and Smolinski. Presto, you just found teh 5 million$ you needed for Tanguay!

Maybe Kovalev is on his way out or lesser guys like Dandy?

Kovalev isn't going anywhere!

Teh Leaves just moved up from 7th to 5th!

You can bet your car that the habs will not make any offers to Ryder and Smolinski. Presto, you just found teh 5 million$ you needed for Tanguay!

Kovalev isn't going anywhere!

Teh Leaves just moved up from 7th to 5th!

The calculation doesn't include Ryder and Smolinski.

PS. Fletcher just said we have exclusive bargaining rights with Mats until July 1. Is Fletcher getting old or do we have exclusive rights? Anyone else hear it?

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

Well, I was hoping for Sundin, but Tanguay is an improvement too. I need some time to digest this trade before commenting further.

However, in Bob I trust.

PS. Fletcher just said we have exclusive bargaining rights with Mats until July 1. Is Fletcher getting old or do we have exclusive rights? Anyone else hear it?

With Tanguay, our salary cap is now at 43 million$ The habs have O'Byrne, Gorges, S. Kostitsyn, Halak and Grabovsky to sign. I'm not worried!

Edited by Habsfan

If Umberger was traded for the 19th pick I think that we got a steal for Tanguay..

Anyone else agree??

please stop, it is still too soon to mention you know whos name :unsure:

A valid point. Bob will be aware of this, of course. But you may be forgetting that we're subtracting Ryder from the equation. So one of these two major (potential) acquisitions is replacing a lost asset, one that would have needed replacing anyway. Player turnover is part of the game - what's unusual here is simply the CALIBRE of the players being acquired. Look for potential risks all you want, but no team in the league would turn away Tanguay and Sundin in return for a 25th -overall pick and perhaps some other goodie thrown TO's way.

I don't think chemistry will be an issue. It all depends on the core, and how acceting they are of new players. And considering how young they are, I can't see them rejecting (or exlcuding) a vet like Tanguay (assuming he makes an effort to gel with his teammates.)

This was confirmed on TSN, RDS andon the Radio on the Team 990 and CKAC Sports!

I thikn it's safe to say that the Habs have exclusive rights to talk with Sundin until July 1st!

About 10 days to see if a deal can be worked out to obtain Sundin. Adding Sundin to the core would be great and the lethal right-handed shot to the PP, especially for the 5 on 3. Then the top 9 forwards would be Koivu, Pleks, Kovy, S.Kostits, A.Kostits, Higgins, Tanguay and Lats. Not too bad at all. 3 good scoring lines.

This was confirmed on TSN, RDS andon the Radio on the Team 990 and CKAC Sports!

I thikn it's safe to say that the Habs have exclusive rights to talk with Sundin until July 1st!

"Exclusive" though? Thus implying no one else has been granted or will be granted?