Canadian teams...screw the NHL

Familia

CANADIAN TEAMS please screw the NHL, Bettman is dragging the name and image of hockey through the mud. All 6 of you are making up over 40% of league revenues what with your big tv contracts with TSN, CBC and RDS. It is clear that the other 24 (American) teams are draggin the league down financially. what would any good businessmen do in this situation? CUT THEIR LOSSES. I urge you great Canadian Franchises, cut your losses, form your own competitive league and expand to Winnipeg, Quebec and Hamilton. GIve us great Canadian Hockey fans an amazing 9 team league to watch and fawn over. Who will finance this crazy venture? How about Balsille, who is sick of the NHL i'm sure, how about Mr Katz? Mr Melnyk (spelling) and maybe even Mr. Gillet (tougher to convince). I think it's time to give the NHL the old heave ho'. I'm tired of watching teams like Phoenix and Nashville, two of many "un-hockyish" cities. So PLEASE Canadian teams...screw the NHL

- Familia

oh yea

Go habs Go

CANADIAN TEAMS please screw the NHL, Bettman is dragging the name and image of hockey through the mud. All 6 of you are making up over 40% of league revenues what with your big tv contracts with TSN, CBC and RDS. It is clear that the other 24 (American) teams are draggin the league down financially. what would any good businessmen do in this situation? CUT THEIR LOSSES. I urge you great Canadian Franchises, cut your losses, form your own competitive league and expand to Winnipeg, Quebec and Hamilton. GIve us great Canadian Hockey fans an amazing 9 team league to watch and fawn over. Who will finance this crazy venture? How about Balsille, who is sick of the NHL i'm sure, how about Mr Katz? Mr Melnyk (spelling) and maybe even Mr. Gillet (tougher to convince). I think it's time to give the NHL the old heave ho'. I'm tired of watching teams like Phoenix and Nashville, two of many "un-hockyish" cities. So PLEASE Canadian teams...screw the NHL

- Familia

oh yea

Go habs Go

I think it would be fine as long as you can keep the current rosters from the NHL, but you can't so it will indeed fail....... massively

First off ... again ( i've said this a tone of times ) Gary Bettman does not make all decisions ... the owners ( including the canadian ones ) and the board of govenors do.

Second ... I don't know of any good buisnessmen that would dump their assests that make 60% of the buisness's profit. That would be like GM motor company saying ... you know we don't like chevy any more .. and even though it's the most profitable line we have .. we're going to dump it. Also look at complany like Apple ... they didn't get big by just making computers ... they branched out into things like portable mp3 players and cell phones ... like the NHL is doing by taking the game of hockey to new places .. not the same ole places that already like and buy the product.

Don't people have any pacience ? the league has grown finacially every year since the lockout ... Yes even in "non-hockey" markets. The LA Kings sold out a bunch of games this year and they finished 2nd to last .. Tampa averaged over 18,000 fans and they did finish dead last ... More and more in the draft your seeing kids that were born in "non-hockey" markets being picked in the draft.

Oh and places like Montreal , Toronto have over 75 more years of being in the nhl than places like Tampa , Florida and Pheonix ... give them the same amount of time and it might be different.

Edited by CaliHabsFan

- Familia

oh yea

Go habs Go

Winnipeg had a team, so did quebec, They lost them. Hamilton? Why? Gretzky likes phoenix. I like Nashville, probably more than I ever liked the Jets or the Nordiques I'm not sure a canadian league would be the answer.

Vinny sure likes the "un-hockeyish" Tampa. So much so he will never come to his home-town to play for the Habs.

You should start your own league :wacko::blink:

- Familia

oh yea

Go habs Go

You probably should have quit on post #231, while you were still ahead.

There are so many things wrong with that, and not enough hours in the day to address them all.

Might it be time to pull out one of PTG's favourite words?... Jingoism?