Forget about Vinny

Familia

Anyone who thought otherwise was living in dreamland all along.

The same logic applies, incidentally, to those who think that Sundin won't sign with us because we're a 'hated rival' or because Koivu captained the hated Finnish national team, etc., etc.

With rare exceptions, players don't think like fans. When it comes to signing contracts, they don't give a sh*t about the CH (for good or ill), or rivalries, or any such sentimental considerations. This is their JOB. Like most of us, they go where the working conditions are best, where their family is happy, where the money is best, and where they stand a good chance of professional success (in the case of hockey: winning). The end.

That being the case, the whole belief that Vinny was counting down the days until he could sign with us was just delusional, especially considering that he *already* re-upped in Tampa once before.

I'm amazed that the Briere debacle failed to put the final nail in the coffin of this sentimental view of player choices.

I think all he said was that he was sad that Vinnie wont come here, not that he hated Vinnie because of it.

Oh, yeah, it wasn't meant as an attack on him. More of a gripe about a certain outlook that's existed among some Montreal fans for some time now - not necessarily Familia.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

Oh, yeah, it wasn't meant as an attack on him. More of a gripe about a certain outlook that's existed among some Montreal fans for some time now - not necessarily Familia.

I love him, thats why i'm sad.

Link

That will make him the third highest paid player in the league, behind Oveckin and Crosby. This deal also pratically guarentee than he will finish his career in Tampa.

Truth be told, I kinda like that. There aren't enuogh Yzermen in the league no more. When players change teams more often than they change their underwear, it'd be nice a to see a guy spend his entire career with the same club, and even better when it's such a good player. ONly bad thing is it's been a crappy club for too big a part of his career. Glad he still got a Cup out of it, not everyone is so fortunate.

Truth be told, I kinda like that. There aren't enuogh Yzermen in the league no more. When players change teams more often than they change their underwear, it'd be nice a to see a guy spend his entire career with the same club, and even better when it's such a good player. ONly bad thing is it's been a crappy club for too big a part of his career. Glad he still got a Cup out of it, not everyone is so fortunate.

Saku ain't no Yzerman, but he has stayed with the CH through thin and (getting to be) thick.

Saku ain't no Yzerman, but he has stayed with the CH through thin and (getting to be) thick.

I never really thought about it before but I always assumed the thick was the bad stuff and the thin was the good.

:blink:

I never really thought about it before but I always assumed the thick was the bad stuff and the thin was the good.

:blink:

I'm pretty sure thick is good (in this case)... think feast or famine.