-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I know, that album is so winter. Its the only album that makes me stop thinking about Vancouver all the time and makes me thinking about my second favourite Canadian city Montreal.

I think its because the album gives off vivid imagery of snow, cold.

well they are from montreal...kick ass music im happy i found that band

why are they a autumny band?

im look for eerie music...i dont know if you know the song Redeemer by marylin manson? its from the soundtrack of queen of the damn...or music of the likes of Red right hand by nick cave? you could prolly help me on this

I don't know, I just love listening to goth music at around this time of year, especially on frosty fall mornings. B) As for MM, I don't really care much for his music, he's got a few decent songs, but that's about it. I've actually never seen Queen of the Damned, mainly because of how pissed I am at how they handled it. Tom Cruise >>>>>>>> Stuart Townsend. Anyways, if you're looking for goth bands, I highly recommend the Sisters, Bauhaus, Joy Division, early Cure, the Banshees, London After Midnight, Type O Negative, 69 Eyes (FINNISH), and Black Tape for a Blue Girl. There's more, but that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Hope that helps. :)

Nah when Autumn sets in I put in the Arcade Fire. There music brings off snow, cold and Montreal. lol. That album is best to listen to driving through snow.

For winter/snow music, very little beats Silverchair, Christie Front Drive and Bright Eyes. You totally need to be walking in it though, preferably at night. Nine Inch Nails and Nightwish are two other good ones for that.

KARMA POLICE - EASY STAR ALL STARS

(reggae band out of NYC that does a complete cover of Radiohead's OK Computer)

what else....

recover - the automatic

already lost, life of leisure - rainer maria

when you were young - the killers

gish album - smashing pumpkins

boy named sue - johnny cash

reason to mourn - ben harper

it's also occurred to me lately that the zooropa album by U2 which I initially thought was a dud is actually WAAAY ahead of its time. great stuff!!!

Edited by zumpano21

KARMA POLICE - EASY STAR ALL STARS

(reggae band out of NYC that does a complete cover of Radiohead's OK Computer)

sounds good. my favorite is no surprises...I need to by some more radio head. only have ok computer.

It's Sunday night. ;)

You've never heard the Idol version?! :blink:

of L.A woman?

yeah i guess you right

but i injured my shoulder at work...so im off for two weeks...i have a very physical job...thats why im on so late

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

of L.A woman?

yeah i guess you right

but i injured my shoulder at work...so im off for two weeks...i have a very physical job...thats why im on so late

I'm on the west coast, so it's still somewhat early. Besides, no class until 10 am (1 pm Eastern)! :king:

Billy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UXYjeWbZ62w

I'm on the west coast, so it's still somewhat early. Besides, no class until 10 am (1 pm Eastern)! :king:

Billy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=UXYjeWbZ62w

not bad...but i am not for covers...i mean whats done is done...make your own

lol

hey do you know ville vallo?

not bad...but i am not for covers...i mean whats done is done...make your own

lol

hey do you know ville vallo?

Funny that you mention the deliciously yummy Ville in the same setence as not liking covers, seeing that he had a couple on his debut album. And yes, of course I know Ville! ^_^

Funny that you mention the deliciously yummy Ville in the same setence as not liking covers, seeing that he had a couple on his debut album. And yes, of course I know Ville! ^_^

indeed i know he as wicked games...yeah in my top 5 bands great music

Yeah, I like HIM, but I thought that their last album blew.

saddly i didnt get it yet...any quick comments why it wasent as good? is it lack of music passion...and cheking in the checks? as soo many bands do *cough* metallica *cough*

saddly i didnt get it yet...any quick comments why it wasent as good? is it lack of music passion...and cheking in the checks? as soo many bands do *cough* metallica *cough*

It sounds too North American/commercial. I mean, it's decent, but it feels like it was marketed towards American teenaged mall-goths. There's a few good songs, but I wouldn't waste my money on it unless you want to complete your "collection." I'm also pissed about one of their videos. They completely stole the idea from one of Negative's videos. Oh, and I hate Ville's short hair. :angry2:

It sounds too North American/commercial. I mean, it's decent, but it feels like it was marketed towards American teenaged mall-goths. There's a few good songs, but I wouldn't waste my money on it unless you want to complete your "collection." I'm also pissed about one of their videos. They completely stole the idea from one of Negative's videos. Oh, and I hate Ville's short hair. :angry2:

is negative a europeen band? i never heard of them before you posted there clip the other day