-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Greatest canadian artist Neil Young! Like a hurricane

:puke:

he's the most american of all canadians...I just don't like his style and his nosey voice.

lol to each there own! do you actually know his music?

I don't like it enough to be somewhat interested.

I think Kc talked about leonard cohen. I need to listen to some of his stuff, I'm intrigued

I don't like it enough to be somewhat interested.

I think Kc talked about leonard cohen. I need to listen to some of his stuff, I'm intrigued

i dont think i know him....i'm still looking for some "eerie" music a la nick caves "red right hand"

never really liked bob his voice always seemed whiney

im listening to - the future- leonard cohen.

Blasphemer! :blink:

:puke:

he's the most american of all canadians...I just don't like his style and his nosey voice.

Blasphemer! :blink:

EEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

IT ARRIVED, IT ARRIVED!

*goes to listen to his new Negative album and singles, imported straight from Finland* :king:

woo!! how exotic !! :P

Does anyone listen to somewhat "normal" music nowadays, or does everyone get off on finding some obscure band that nobody had heard of in an attempt to flaunt their supposed musical IQ? Just curious, because reading through threads, I'm becoming the typical old guy, I don't know most of the stuff anyone here is listening to.

And just so you know, I'm not an old fogie...I listen to stuff all across the board (put country in front of me though, and I'll drive over it) and I'm open to anything. Just a lot of random obscurity. I know this many people can't listen to so much that nobody has ever heard of.

Im my car changer right now: BNL's new one, Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies..., Van Halen: F**K, The Hip: My Music At Work, GN'R Greatest Hits, and whatever random ones are in there, I forget now.

Does anyone listen to somewhat "normal" music nowadays, or does everyone get off on finding some obscure band that nobody had heard of in an attempt to flaunt their supposed musical IQ? Just curious, because reading through threads, I'm becoming the typical old guy, I don't know most of the stuff anyone here is listening to.

And just so you know, I'm not an old fogie...I listen to stuff all across the board (put country in front of me though, and I'll drive over it) and I'm open to anything. Just a lot of random obscurity. I know this many people can't listen to so much that nobody has ever heard of.

Im my car changer right now: BNL's new one, Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies..., Van Halen: F**K, The Hip: My Music At Work, GN'R Greatest Hits, and whatever random ones are in there, I forget now.

Easily fixed! :king:

:contract: HMV or CDON (for Euros).

And just so you know, I'm not trying to flaunt my own musical IQ, but rather PROMOTE Euro bands in NA in the hopes that they become more popular and hence more readily available to consumers such as myself. So buy buy buy and request request request! :king:

You know, speaking of Euro bands, anyone listen to Within Temptation? They're a classical/goth band from Holland. Really good. And Sharon den Adel is a hottie. :blush:

They're not bad and they have some pretty sweet videos.

Nightwish > Within Temptation > Lacuna Coil > Evanescence ;)

You never really explained that one. So you just hate them because everyone else does? Hmph, sheep... <_<

Yes I did. I said I hate their sound. I don't like the singer's voice, I don't like the music. They just annoy me.

Don't call me a bloody sheep.

Yes I did. I said I hate their sound. I don't like the singer's voice, I don't like the music. They just annoy me.

Don't call me a bloody sheep.

This is what you said on the topic before:

I hate HIM so much...
No real specific reason, just don't like their music.
lol, I'm not even the worst. You don't even want to get one of my friends started on HIM, he DESPISES them. :lol:

As you can see, you didn't really give any real reasons, aside from "not liking the music," which honestly isn't all that specific. Thus, you deserve to be a sheep! :king:

And just so you know, I'm not trying to flaunt my own musical IQ, but rather PROMOTE Euro bands in NA in the hopes that they become more popular and hence more readily available to consumers such as myself. So buy buy buy and request request request! :king:

I realize our Euro contigent will listen to different stuff, definitely understandable! I was refer more to the NA side of the house. :)

I don't like the music and I don't like the sound isn't the same?

Doesn't music usually involve sound?

Yes, music involves sound, but they're not exactly the same thing. And if they are, how come you repeated yourself then? :lol:

Music in this case could mean just about anything: lyrics, tempo, the guitar playing, etc. Sound on the other hand refers to the overall sound that the band creates. However, your comment about the singing is what's really specific and what I noted the second time around.

I realize our Euro contigent will listen to different stuff, definitely understandable! I was refer more to the NA side of the house. :)

Errr, but I am from NA...unless you were referring simply to obscure NA bands.