-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

I can't stand Anatacia. I think she just might be to most played artist on radio in Sweden. And I just can't stand it.

I have Mark Knopfler on. Preparing for the concert he will have in the begining of May.

Originally posted by ch_nl

Preparing for the concert he will have in the begining of May.

That sounds realy good! I would rather go to a Knopfler concert. Damn what a guitar player! So good.

Only concert planned is "The Hives", see them 14th of april, gonna be fun also. For the rest 1 or 2 festivals this summer....

• 2 weeks later...

Bob Marley & The Wailers - Greatest Hits at Studio One (album)

The Wailers - Catch A Fire (album)

I can't stand Anatacia. I think she just might be to most played artist on radio in Sweden. And I just can't stand it.

I have Mark Knopfler on. Preparing for the concert he will have in the begining of May.

I'm a huge Knopfler fan...I have every DS album, and Sailing to Philadelphia was great. Every song was different.

Oh yeah, he is. Or was rather. He died about 15 years ago. It might interest you that few Swedish-born singer/songwriters have been as popular as Cornelis writing and performing songs in the Swedish language. He was truly a master.

I love The Doors BTW. They may be my favourite band actually.

Originally posted by Habsfan21

I'm a huge Knopfler fan...I have every DS album, and Sailing to Philadelphia was great. Every song was different.

I have all the Dire Straits album as well! Money for nothing was a bit complicated to get since they stoped distributed it in Sweden 1986. I had to buy it from a store in Texas, USA and that was the last record to complete the collection.

Sailing to Philadelphia is one of the best albums ever. The only record I can think of that is better is Cardigans "Long gone before daylight" and Dire Straits "Brothers In Arms".

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

I love The Doors BTW. They may be my favourite band actually.

Yes i'm also a big Doors fan. Maybe i will go to the concert The Doors of the 21st century. I heared that it's great, although you are missing a BIG part!! Jimmy, i want to visit his grave in Paris one day.

I'm a big sixties music fan and the Doors are one of my favorites from those days!

I just got a mail that i can buy COldplay tickets for their Gig in Holland. So i can buy them before national selling starts. Their site makes it possible to subscribe and that way you can buy tickets earlier. (normal ticketssales will be sold out in 15 minutes or so)

Yes i'm also a big Doors fan. Maybe i will go to the concert The Doors of the 21st century. I heared that it's great, although you are missing a BIG part!! Jimmy, i want to visit his grave in Paris one day.

I'm a big sixties music fan and the Doors are one of my favorites from those days!  

You know what, now that you mention it, my parents are going to Paris this summer. I'll ask 'em to send me a post card with his tomb on it, it they visit it. I don't think they will, but it's not unlikely. I doubt going to an old grave fits their image of a romantic vacation. But I think my mom was a huge Doors fan back then when it all happened.

She oughta be. Morrison freakin' died on her freakin' birthday. :wall::devil: Or so I think. Didn't he die on July 3rd 1971? Incidentally, that was her 16th birthday. :guru:

In fact, the best live concert I've ever been to was a couple of years ago when I saw a bunch of high school sstudents play Doors songs at a community place here in downtown Västerås. Man that was so good it was scary! :o

- - - - - -

Right now I'm listening to Iron Maiden:

- Rime of the Ancient Mariner

- The Number of the Beast

- Run To The Hills

- Hallowed Be Thy Name

:devil::-^:devil::-^:devil:

m/

[Edited on 2005/3/16 by Doktor Kosmos]

Duke Ellington & John Coltrane - s/t (album)

Songlist on the cd:

1. In a Sentimental Mood

2. Take the Coltrane

3. Big Nick

4. Stevie

5. My Little Brown Book

6. Angelica

7. The Feeling of Jazz

:-^

They sold out 45.000 tickets in 80 minutes here in Sweden.

Same thing in Denmark. I was working at the time so I have to get mine on the black market.

I tried to get tickets but not as hard as i should. If i wanted tickets i should have camped outside the postoffice. They do the Amsterdam Arena here 3 times. SOld out in less than two hours. Probably 75000 tickets, or more.

I have now tickets for a Coldplay Concert. 1 concert and also sold out!

U2 are the best ever.

If you like How to dismantle an atomic bomb I hope you have heard The Joshua Tree.  

I've the 2 best of cd's, they're regularly played in my car - great songs.

I can't say if they're the best group ever, as I said, I only know the 2 mentioned cd's and the new one. The Stones are my all time favourite so far, but it can change. ;)

LOK - Naken, blästrad och skitsur (album)

It means something like "naked, sandblasted and pissed off".