-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

In the past couple of days I've listened to Wu Tang Clan's debut album Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers), as well as Lily Allen's new album It's Not Me, It's You. I love the songs The Fear, Everyone's At It, Not Fair and ###### You (Very Much).

I also took David Lynch's advice on twitter and listened to some Au Revoir Simone.

Also: listened to Relapse for the 89723408730th time. I'm convinced that Stay Wide Awake is the most impressive flowing and rhyming ever. No rap song has ever required more talent to both write and perform. (Not that it's even one of his better songs, just his most impressive, I think.) The entire album oozes in skill, it's just less powerful than his old music.

In the past couple of days I've listened to Wu Tang Clan's debut album Enter the Wu Tang (36 Chambers)

Wu-Tang Clan ain't nuthin' to f*** with! :lol:

our lady peace and billy talent new album totally stink.

there!! just saved you lots of money

Our Lady Peace's album Burn Burn is great. Why do you say it stinks. In a way in reminds me of their older stuff but with a new touch.

Yeah, the new Billy Talent is really bad. I didn't like OLP's last two album's so I never bothered to check it out. Alexisonfire's latest isn't so hot either.

I reeeeeaaaallllllly wish I could find List Mitchell's album somewhere. I can only listen to Coin Laundry and Neopolitan Dreams so much.

OLP has been horrible since Naveed, IMO.

Our Lady Peace's album Burn Burn is great. Why do you say it stinks. In a way in reminds me of their older stuff but with a new touch.

it felt like I was listening to the same song over and over.

just listened to naveed. burn burn is far away from that.

where's the beef ??

there something reaaly missing here !!

OLP has been horrible since Naveed, IMO.

spiritual machine was good. I like when bands try different stuff.

Yeah, the new Billy Talent is really bad. I didn't like OLP's last two album's so I never bothered to check it out. Alexisonfire's latest isn't so hot either.

I reeeeeaaaallllllly wish I could find List Mitchell's album somewhere. I can only listen to Coin Laundry and Neopolitan Dreams so much.

never heard of him/them.

Billy talent st veronika is ok.

they're better musician/vocalist than they showed in their last two albums.

Err, that should say Lisa, not List.

She's a nobody really. She was on Australian Idol or something. She's touring through the UK right now and her first album came out over there a couple weeks ago. She's got kind of a folksy/indie feel.

Actually she reminds me of Kate Nash a bit.

What didn't you like about Clumsy?

I found it too be too much of a generic sound, and huge dropoff in songwriting talent. I found the songs to be bland, the vocals uninspired and the the same drumbeat present in almost all of the songs. I'll admit that Clumsy had a few decent songs (4am, automatic flowers), but nothing like Naveed.

It probably didn't help that OLP rocketed to fame off that album, and as a result, I heard way too much of them.

Anyway, just my opinion.

You suck. The Ghostbusters Theme came out of the 80s.

Bustin makes everyone feel good. (especially a nut, hey-oooo!)

NOTHING compares to Corey Hart. The man is unstoppable. I heard he once had an awkward moment, just to see how it felt.

Em threatens to release nude pics + old voicemails proving his fling with Mariah. He also ######s her up in the song while embarassing both of them.

Em threatens to release nude pics + old voicemails proving his fling with Mariah. He also ######s her up in the song while embarassing both of them.

He may have musical talent, but man, what an asshole.

Both of them went after him first, he's just telling them to lay off.

Eeeeeediots, Stimpy. Why on Earth would you go after someone who is mentally deranged.

I now love Takeover by Jay-Z. I've been listening to The Blueprint 2 but it isn't a very good album. The best songs on it (that I've heard so far) are Blueprint 2 and Meet the Parents.

He may have musical talent, but man, what an asshole.

Yep. Total asshole when it comes to stuff like this, but what did Mariah expect, making a single about him? Everybody who has ever ######ed with him has been torn a new one in unprecedented fashion. If she has slept with him, and I bet she has, she should have just admitted it and it would have ended there.

Still, it doesn't bother me in the slightest that he's an asshole, considering he's one of the most brilliant artists I've ever witnessed.

I now love Takeover by Jay-Z. I've been listening to The Blueprint 2 but it isn't a very good album. The best songs on it (that I've heard so far) are Blueprint 2 and Meet the Parents.

Damn right about that, Blueprint 2 is the best track outhere. I also love Nigga Please featuring Young Chris. Especially after I saw

Sorry to come up with the word "nigga" but it's the title of the song...