-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Most importantly, everything seems to lead to NO ACCENT on Recovery. He's also said that he wasn't really satisfied with Relapse because it was too "jokey" and the new album's going to be more "emotionally driven" (like these past two songs).

This is excellent news.

I don't even care if he can get back to The Marshall Mathers LP but atleast something like The Eminem Show is all I ask.

This is excellent news.

I don't even care if he can get back to The Marshall Mathers LP but atleast something like The Eminem Show is all I ask.

I love both, but The Eminem Show is my favourite. The combination of 16-17-18 still kills me everytime.

I love both, but The Eminem Show is my favourite. The combination of 16-17-18 still kills me everytime.

Yeah, they're really close but I can't help but give a slight edge to the MM LP.

Nostalgia wise, I probably have more memories associated with The Eminem Show though. So really, it's tough to say. A lot of my favourite things generally tend to be based on nostalgia, lol.

Em news: SINGLE coming out on Friday called "Not Afraid."

UPDATE: The song is coming out TOMORROW at 10. it was bumped up a day. It is accent-free and it is "uplifting" not jokey. Em also just released a freestyle called Despicable.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Eminem - Not Afraid

The new single is out! It's not a joke song - more like Sing for the Moment - except it doesn't sound like any of his previous songs! I will be listening to this over and over for a loooong time.

Lyrics are here: http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85325

LMAO:

"And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back

I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact

Let's be honest, that last Relapse CD was "ehhhh"

Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground

Relax, I ain't going back to that now"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Eminem - Not Afraid

The new single is out! It's not a joke song - more like Sing for the Moment - except it doesn't sound like any of his previous songs! I will be listening to this over and over for a loooong time.

Lyrics are here: http://www.forum.trshady.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=85325

LMAO:

"And to the fans, I'll never let you down again, I'm back

I promise to never go back on that promise, in fact

Let's be honest, that last Relapse CD was "ehhhh"

Perhaps I ran them accents into the ground

Relax, I ain't going back to that now"

Heard Despicable ("Freestyle") from Em BTH ??? I think you'll like it.

Heard Despicable ("Freestyle") from Em BTH ??? I think you'll like it.

Yep. That's the freestyle I mentioned to you a few days ago but I said hat it wasn't that great. That was after one listen. I've heard like 15 times now. lol

The flow and wordplay blow my mind.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been listening to Leonard Cohen this evening, and I started wondering... He was born and raised in Montreal... Does anyone know if he's interested in hockey at all?

• 1 month later...
Found out last month, when I visited Scotland, about Mumford and Sons. Slowly becoming my favourite band of all time...

I really liked them until I heard them on the radio every 20 minutes. :blink:

I really liked them until I heard them on the radio every 20 minutes. :blink:

I never listen to radio. I'm pretty sure it helps me loving bands much longer than if I did.

I never listen to radio. I'm pretty sure it helps me loving bands much longer than if I did.

Good call, but I can't tolerate silence at work. :)

You should see them live, they are just amazing. Very Likeable guys and they know how to get a party started. Saw them in a small club and that was even better. Nowadays its just big venues over here. But after a year i still can put that album on, and still love it. And i played it so much, definitely the best album of last year.

You should see them live, they are just amazing. Very Likeable guys and they know how to get a party started. Saw them in a small club and that was even better. Nowadays its just big venues over here. But after a year i still can put that album on, and still love it. And i played it so much, definitely the best album of last year.

man... they are soldout for their only announced show in Montreal on november 12. I'm so pissed. I'm begging my few friends who work in the music industry here to find me some tickets. I can only imagine how good they can ben live. "I gave you all" played live might be something.

Found out today (was expecting it though) that my friend could have me as a +1 on his guest list for the out of nowhere and so awesome Dead Prez show next week !!!! Couldn't care less about missing the Habs-NYI game at this point.

man... they are soldout for their only announced show in Montreal on november 12. I'm so pissed. I'm begging my few friends who work in the music industry here to find me some tickets. I can only imagine how good they can ben live. "I gave you all" played live might be something.

Yeah over here is the same, i try to find bands like that when they're not so well known so you can buy tickets for the small venues. Nowadays its crazy. I was lucky with M&S.

• 2 weeks later...
man... they are soldout for their only announced show in Montreal on november 12. I'm so pissed. I'm begging my few friends who work in the music industry here to find me some tickets.[/b] I can only imagine how good they can ben live. "I gave you all" played live might be something.

It worked !!! :clap::clap::clap:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just recently found out about a band from Finland, called NIGHTWISH. Combine a Symphonic / Opera-trained female lead singer with a heavy metal band.....That's Nightwish. Great Stuff!!

I just recently found out about a band from Finland, called NIGHTWISH. Combine a Symphonic / Opera-trained female lead singer with a heavy metal band.....That's Nightwish. Great Stuff!!

I started listening to them recently too. I also really like Sonata Arctica, a similar band (their first album is the best).