-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Wow, you guys are awesome. :)

I like all those bands. Totally thought I was alone with enjoying those bands, it's nice to see fellow HW members who know those bands.

Maybe there is still strength left in the race of men. :D

Well, I've gotta go pay rent and find JRR Tolkiens Silmarilion if I'm lucky.

I have a weathered and well worn first edition right above my desk as I type this haha :P

I have a weathered and well worn first edition right above my desk as I type this haha :P

!!! Very awesome. I went to the book store today and it wasn't there!!! They had everything else, the hobbit, and multiple copies of LOTR.

Well, without further ado. Here is my favourite band of all time! They're also a big fan to Tolkeins work. I love Blind Guardian! :wub:

And my second favourite band...

Ayreon!

I've had Unfinished Tales sitting in my room for half a year and haven't read a page yet! I keep picking up other books before it, I don't know when I'll get to it. I have The Silmarillion too but I need to re-read it. I don't know any LOTR inspired music though. lol

I've had Unfinished Tales sitting in my room for half a year and haven't read a page yet! I keep picking up other books before it, I don't know when I'll get to it. I have The Silmarillion too but I need to re-read it. I don't know any LOTR inspired music though. lol

"Twas in the darkest depths of mordor I met a girl so fair, But gollum, and the evil one crept up And slipped away with her."

haha

Led Zeppelin has a lot of LOTR references in their music. "The Battle of Evermore" from IV has references to The Battle of Pelennor Fields. Misty Mountain Hop contains references to the first chapter of The Hobbit while Over The Hills And Far Away also has references to The Hobbit. A lot of fans also think "No Quarter" is Tolkien influenced though theres some debate about exactly what.

Robert Plant is actually a big J.R.R Tolkien fan, he named his dog Strider (who he wrote the song Bron-Y-Aur Stomp for. Just another random fact)

Led Zeppelin has a lot of LOTR references in their music. "The Battle of Evermore" from IV has references to The Battle of Pelennor Fields. Misty Mountain Hop contains references to the first chapter of The Hobbit while Over The Hills And Far Away also has references to The Hobbit. A lot of fans also think "No Quarter" is Tolkien influenced though theres some debate about exactly what.

Robert Plant is actually a big J.R.R Tolkien fan, he named his dog Strider (who he wrote the song Bron-Y-Aur Stomp for. Just another random fact)

Battle for Evermore is one of my fav songs!

Ive read LOTR's 11 times through and through haha :P

"Twas in the darkest depths of mordor I met a girl so fair, But gollum, and the evil one crept up And slipped away with her."

Smeagol is a hero!

Everyones got the Silmarillion but me... :(

This is how I feel.. ;)

Zeppelin is good, yet ahhh, if anyone knows of Alister Crowley that would be the reason I stay away from them now :( Not that it helps me overcome my issues.... I can play a few songs on the guitar from them, stairway, over the hills and babe im gonna leave you.

As for Tolkien inspired music, Blind Guardian made a whole album titled "night fall in middle earth" as well as earlier songs dedicated to Tolkien such as "the wizard", "lord of the rings" and "gandalfs rebirth". Ah why not, here's one song! :)

Who thinks that this story is more than fiction?

I always thought about the Earth going under another "dynosaurs extinction phase" and that the new first comers would find some old copies of The Silmarillion and start the new world with this story as the "religion". ;)

I always thought about the Earth going under another "dynosaurs extinction phase" and that the new first comers would find some old copies of The Silmarillion and start the new world with this story as the "religion". ;)

For some reason I thought of this premise just with Twilight instead of The Silmarillion.

And now I can't stop laughing.

I might have a short story idea for NaNoWriMo, haha

Ha! that would be amazing!

I heard a comedian do a rant about how we should go to the top of a mountain dig a crazy deep hole and stick a dead dog in clothes with a hard hat and a pick at the bottom, just to screw with future historians :P

I just listened to those songs. Knowing that they make Tolkien references, No Quarter does seem to be a reference.

"They're wearing steel that's bright and true

They carry news that must get through.

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

Walking side by side with death, The devil mocks their every step

The snow drives back the foot that's slow, The dogs of doom are howling more

They carry news that must get through, To build a dream for me and you

They choose the path where no-one goes."

It sounds like the fellowship trying to pass through Caradhras (the snowy mountain that blocks their entry and forces them to turn around and attempt to pass through the mines of Moria instead). It was suggested by the characters that Sauron was somehow controlling the weather from afar and causing it to snow on them.

It could also refer to Bilbo, Gandalf, and the dwarves passing through the Misty Mountains but that doesn't fit as well.

I just listened to those songs. Knowing that they make Tolkien references, No Quarter does seem to be a reference.

"They're wearing steel that's bright and true

They carry news that must get through.

They choose the path where no-one goes.

They hold no quarter.

Walking side by side with death, The devil mocks their every step

The snow drives back the foot that's slow, The dogs of doom are howling more

They carry news that must get through, To build a dream for me and you

They choose the path where no-one goes."

It sounds like the fellowship trying to pass through Caradhras (the snowy mountain that blocks their entry and forces them to turn around and attempt to pass through the mines of Moria instead). It was suggested by the characters that Sauron was somehow controlling the weather from afar and causing it to snow on them.

It could also refer to Bilbo, Gandalf, and the dwarves passing through the Misty Mountains but that doesn't fit as well.

In my mind, it is definitely a Caradhras reference. Because of the steel part. Evertything else just fits as well...

Wearing steel

Must get through, to build a dream

the path where no-one goes

The devils mocks their every step

It is Saruman and not Sauron who made it snow though.

In my mind, it is definitely a Caradhras reference. Because of the steel part. Evertything else just fits as well...

Wearing steel

Must get through, to build a dream

the path where no-one goes

The devils mocks their every step

It is Saruman and not Sauron who made it snow though.

Also the dogs the doom howling. The fellowship got chased to the gates of Moria by Wargs.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could you possibly pick any two other artists that I despise more than Jay-Z and Kanye? Probably not. You know they are free masons right?

So was my high school english teacher haha

Anyone can be a mason :P

So was my high school english teacher haha

Anyone can be a mason :P

Yeah I had an opportunity to join yet I said no!

They don't operate for the benefit of humanity, hence why I don't enjoy Jay-Z or Kanyes music. Granted, most musicians at the start of their career had some good music (or when they break away from the control like MJ). To be honest, I like Usher's first album, Will Smith's Willenium (then he went all scientology on me!) R.Kelly is a good singer, Micheal Jackson, TLC, Ginuwine - Differences.

I like 90s mainstream rock and a few oldies.

I really don't know why I dislike the mainstream music today so much, I have a real passion to dislike it. I think it's because I worked at a night club, and I find the music very aggressive and angry.

Free masons want people to turn on each other, and music is a great method to do that. I dislike rap music very much. I'm not one for culture, like look at the word itself (cult-u-r), yet I dont like to see any people regardless of race be held down. I want to see real creative people. Mainstream music has a certain frequency... anyways, just my opinion, I just really don't like the music.

Yeah I had an opportunity to join yet I said no!

They don't operate for the benefit of humanity, hence why I don't enjoy Jay-Z or Kanyes music. Granted, most musicians at the start of their career had some good music (or when they break away from the control like MJ). To be honest, I like Usher's first album, Will Smith's Willenium (then he went all scientology on me!) R.Kelly is a good singer, Micheal Jackson, TLC, Ginuwine - Differences.

You dislike Jay-Z cuz of non-music reasons but you like R. Kelly ? How weird. I prefer Illuminatis over underage sex offender.

You dislike Jay-Z cuz of non-music reasons but you like R. Kelly ? How weird. I prefer Illuminatis over underage sex offender.

I guess I saw this type of comment on the horizon. Maybe I shouldn't be mad at the matrix. I'm just not pro-pagan. I'm not one to defend things, yet for clarity I'll say that I think he's a good singer. Obviously he was into the occult as well, as did Usher, Smith and TLC as they became more immersed in the pyramid. I don't listen to them anymore, yet when I was a child I liked some of their songs.

I guess the only tools I have left is forgiveness and acceptance. Sorry for attacking the music you listen to.

Edited by Natural Mystic

I guess I saw this type of comment on the horizon. Maybe I shouldn't be mad at the matrix. I'm just not pro-pagan. I'm not one to defend things, yet for clarity I'll say that I think he's a good singer. Obviously he was into the occult as well, as did Usher, Smith and TLC as they became more immersed in the pyramid. I don't listen to them anymore, yet when I was a child I liked some of their songs.

I guess the only tools I have left is forgiveness and acceptance. Sorry for attacking the music you listen to.

I didn't feel attacked. I must say that I'm not the kind of guy that will judge artists or sports personalities for things other than what they're paid for.

For example, I like Terrell Owens and Michael Vick, same applies for Eminem and Jay-Z. They might not be the best human being on Earth, but I like what they bring to the table in their respective careers.