-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

i just read that syd barret died on diabete complications...He was 60

http://www.cyberpresse.ca/article/20060711...050/1017/CPARTS

You beat me to it!

Syd's story is one of the many tragedies in rock - except he didn't die and get bestowed with the mythic status of those who did. Still, he's a legend. Shine on, you crazy diamond!

Yeah, Stars, AF and BSS are all the same. Especially since members of Stars are also in Broekn Social Scene. Broken Social Scene has to be the most unique idea in music I've ever seen. They're up to something like 16 or 17 members and a good portion of them perform in other bands such as Metric, Feist (well, not really a band but Leslie Feist is part of BSS), Stars, Treble Charger, KC Accidental, k-os. Great band.

Any recommended songs I should listen to?

YESSSSSSSSSSSS DUTCHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man it was Freaking awesome. I really destroyed my voice. I sweat like mad and jumped like my legs fell off. It was so energetic, the best concert of the year. Maybe ever for me. Julian was good, Albert and Nick were awesome!! I have to see them again, i'm now really addicted. NYC Cops and Someday was so good, my ears still hurt from it. I was standing 6 maybe 8 meters from the stage. The Crowd went insane (probably cuz the 2 bands before kinda sucked)

Anything Emily Haines or Leslie Feist sings in is my favorite. Emily has only done four songs while Leslie has worked on three albums.

Anthems for a Seventeen-Year-Old Girl, Backyards, Her Disappearing Theme and Swimmers are all good songs.

Oh man it was Freaking awesome. I really destroyed my voice. I sweat like mad and jumped like my legs fell off. It was so energetic, the best concert of the year. Maybe ever for me. Julian was good, Albert and Nick were awesome!! I have to see them again, i'm now really addicted. NYC Cops and Someday was so good, my ears still hurt from it. I was standing 6 maybe 8 meters from the stage. The Crowd went insane (probably cuz the 2 bands before kinda sucked)

I told you! AWESOME concert! I believe the band playing before was the Most Serene Republic.

Someday - I love that song.

I told you! AWESOME concert! I believe the band playing before was the Most Serene Republic.

Someday - I love that song.

I think in europe they have a different pre-show. Over here they started with the band "South", that was not bad. After that Adam Green played 30 minutes i believe, and thats not my thing. I was bored to hell.

But i don't give a damn, The Strokes blew me away. They are live insane!!! Insane i tell you ;)

Fine.

No one here at Habsworld EVER. And I mean EVER wants your opinion about ANYTHING.

Unless you have tips for BTH, I hear you're pretty good in his areas of expertise.

I should add a little face to show I'm kidding...hmm... ;) ...that one oughta do.

Fine.

No one here at Habsworld EVER. And I mean EVER wants your opinion about ANYTHING.

Unless you have tips for BTH, I hear you're pretty good in his areas of expertise.

I should add a little face to show I'm kidding...hmm... ;) ...that one oughta do.

I don't get it. My areas of expertise? You main Trizzak can paint nails too?

Sad to see Barrett die, but i guess in a way it would kind of put an end to his misery.

Weird thing is that i heard about his death right as i was watching Great Gig in the Sky on my new Floyd "Pulse" DVD.

Maybe now with the passing of Syd the remaining members will decide to reunite for an album and tour? :o

the band Weezer broke up!

I always wanted to see them live, well that's gonna be hard now :(

Yeah, I heard that this morning. Really sad to hear.

Apparently the lead singer (his name escapes me right now) was writing songs that the band didn't want to perform. But he said he has no plans for a solo career.

Apparently the lead singer (his name escapes me right now) was writing songs that the band didn't want to perform. But he said he has no plans for a solo career.

rivers como I think the name was

Why doesn't this guy team up with the Weezer-duet of Jason B and Tex???

Man, would would you guys do without me!

Yeah, I heard that this morning. Really sad to hear.

He's saying that now because he wants a record company to give him a plan. lol, He just doesn't have the plan yet.

Well, that's my call on the whole thing anyways. :P

Fine.

hug2.gif