-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

Nice list. Run Rabbit un is great. I haven't listened ot most of those older ones with no videos though.

Did you like Forgot About Dre? Fastest anyone can ever talk.

I love that song so much, I remember buying one of the Much Dance CDs just for that song.

"Nowadays everybody wanna talk like they got somethin to say

but nothin comes out when they move their lips;

just a bunch of gibberish

And mother****ers act like they forgot about Dre

[Eminem]

So what do you say to somebody you hate (What?)

Or anyone tryin to bring trouble your way?

Wanna resolve things in a bloodier way? (YUP)

Then just study a tape of N.W.A.!

One day I was walkin by, wit a Walkman on, when I caught a guy

give me an awkward eye (What you lookin at?)

And strangled him off in the parkin lot, wit his Karl Kani

I don't give a **** if it's dark or not

I'm harder than me tryin to park a Dodge

when I'm drunk as ****

Right next to a humungous truck in a two-car garage {*CRUNCH*}

Hoppin out wit two broken legs, tryin to walk it off

"**** you too bitch, call the cops!"

I'ma kill you and them loud ass mother****in barkin dogs

And when the cops came through

me and Dre stood next to a burnt down house

Wit a can full of gas and a hand full of matches

And still weren't found out (RIGHT HERE)

From here on out it's the Chronic 2

Startin today and tomorrow's the new

And I'm still loco enough

To choke you to death wit a Charleston Chew

{*Eminem's vocal turntable*}

Slim shady - hotter then a set of twin babies

in a Mercedes Benz wit the windows up

when the temp goes up to the mid 80's

Callin MEN ladies; sorry Doc but I been crazy

There's no way that you can save me

It's okay, go with him Hailie(Da-da?)"

Was never much of a Dre fan but Em's part is easily my favorite part of the song.

rap in general is crap.

The 90's were great for Rap and Hiphop. @ that time i was a big rap/hiphop fan, some good oldskool stuff (yes the 80's had were also very good, but i was to young then). I still listen to some stuff of the 90's but nowadays it's not so great anymore. It's all about bling musicclips and the women in it. (exceptions there) I really lost interest in the rap scene!

my buddy won a contest and he got to introduce Our lady peace to the crowd and he got to meet the them...lucky bastard

I've been in a music festival here in Spain last weekend and I saw a canadian group named The Organ. They are five girls, I think they from Vancouver. Sounds good, but they play without any emotion, like robots

I recently read about the front man Pete Doherty and his newer band Babyshambles. Checked out some of their stuff and it's not too bad.

The guy is pretty good writer/performer, but he's on wayyyy too many drugs. He entered re-habs for 5th time today, aych.

I recently read about the front man Pete Doherty and his newer band Babyshambles. Checked out some of their stuff and it's not too bad.

The guy is pretty good writer/performer, but he's on wayyyy too many drugs. He entered re-habs for 5th time today, aych.

Yes, the Babyshambles are quite interesting. I will agree about the drug thing, as he seems more out of control than your average musician. Nonetheless, he's very talented. I recommend La Belle et la Bette, it features a cameo appearance from Kate Moss, presumably while they were still dating.

ah stop it guys; Eminem is PURE crap!!

Every song goes about his (ex-)wife and his daughter. Boring stuff.

In my list, 2 songs are about his ex-wife and daughter. Since The Eminem Show, he's more political then anything.

Yes, the Babyshambles are quite interesting. I will agree about the drug thing, as he seems more out of control than your average musician. Nonetheless, he's very talented. I recommend La Belle et la Bette, it features a cameo appearance from Kate Moss, presumably while they were still dating.

Great song, i just love Belle et la Bette. But i don't agree about the great performer posted by macaskill. The guy is most of the time to messed up on the podium that it's horrible. I have to find it out for myself cuz i wanna see him, but the videofootage doesnt promiss a good concert. Seen some sick shit. The guy makes good music but is totally messed up. Earlier this year he shot his own blood to a camera man with a needle.

Yesterday i saw i live coverage from the Flogging Molly concert in Amsterdam, it was a big party as ever. I couldnt be there this time. Last time i had a blast. This week they bring out their new cd: Wishkey on a sunday. Can't wait! www.fabchannel.com has some great coverage's from a lot of concerts, check out that great site!

Great song, i just love Belle et la Bette. But i don't agree about the great performer posted by macaskill.

Yesterday i saw i live coverage from the Flogging Molly concert in Amsterdam, it was a big party as ever.

HEhe, always good to get a second opinion, I was only going off what I read about him, and it was likely exagerating a bit :D.

As for Floggin Molly, that is one awesome band live! I saw them play while they were in Montreal for Warped tour 2 years ago. That was by far, one of the best mosh pits I've ever been in as well. (Linkin Park gets the edge for best one.)

Yeah it's a shame he's to far away from the planet when he's on stage ;), otherwise it would be great. I hope when i get to see him i tell you otherwise!

Yeah Flogging Molly is just superb, new album is out from yesterday. Maybe i will see them the 5th of august. They will be again in holland!

I just got the new single from Kasabian, sounds cool

http://rapidshare.de/files/26800625/E.zip.html

*walks up to podium*

*taps mic*

I do not...I repeat...do not...like that freaky ass band nor have I listened to anything they've put out.

*ahem*

Thank you for your time.

I'll admit to it, I like two songs.

On to other matters, I'm getting into Portishead at the moment.

I could have All Mine on repeat all week, it's that good.

I was listening to the Mix 99.9 today for a listening assignment for school.

Wow it sucks.

They fired their DJ's and have been playing all requests all the time.

I tried requesting Tool but no such luck.

I like the new Keane stuff. I have their old CD and it was a little slow and boring. Their new CD is a little faster paced. Is It Any Wonder is my favourite at the moment.

Just got back into an older song I used to love...

Headstrong by Trapt... great track really.

I love that song. Wasn't it the track the NHL used for the playoffs one year? The 03 or 04 playoffs, I forget which one.