-- Permanent Floating Music Thread --

Doktor Kosmos

So what radio internet stations do you guys listen to?

Me: radioiorock

I would recommend it for anyone who wants to listen to the evolution of 90s alternative. Very poppy stuff by bands that you won't hear on the radio.

The radioio website has many different streams available but I haven't really explored them.

Yes, music involves sound, but they're not exactly the same thing. And if they are, how come you repeated yourself then? :lol:

Because you said...

You never really explained that one. So you just hate them because everyone else does? Hmph, sheep... <_<

I don't even know what you're last post means. Just enjoy bolding things now?

This just isn't working out. Originally you said nothing more aside from hating their music. I said that was fairly inspecific. Then you mentioned that you hated the sound, singing and music. I said okay. You said sound and music are the same, that you hadn't added anything new, so why should I get it now? I said no, sound and music aren't exactly the same, but I was referring to the inclusion of music. Then I asked why you repeated music and sound in the same post if you thought they meant the same thing. Then you said no you didn't. Then I bolded your post showing that you did. Savvy?

Does anyone listen to somewhat "normal" music nowadays, or does everyone get off on finding some obscure band that nobody had heard of in an attempt to flaunt their supposed musical IQ? Just curious, because reading through threads, I'm becoming the typical old guy, I don't know most of the stuff anyone here is listening to.

And just so you know, I'm not an old fogie...I listen to stuff all across the board (put country in front of me though, and I'll drive over it) and I'm open to anything. Just a lot of random obscurity. I know this many people can't listen to so much that nobody has ever heard of.

Im my car changer right now: BNL's new one, Queens of the Stone Age: Lullabies..., Van Halen: F**K, The Hip: My Music At Work, GN'R Greatest Hits, and whatever random ones are in there, I forget now.

why the obscure bands? Have you turned on the radio lately? Unless you've got satelite radio its the same 5 songs over and over again on the rock stations. And its unimaginative. Kids these days only looking to get rich so yeah create songs like Booty Booty Booty, or shake that laffy taffy or Sexyback (although that song is hilarious).

Plus you grew up in the late eighties early 90's by looking at your music choices. You're probably mid to late 20's to early 30's. And haven't been in any 'scene' since Cobain loaded his shotgun.

But thats whats going on. Kids are fed up. Tired of worthless crap. They're giving it to the man so to speak.

what is the best movie soundtrack\score you guys know?? i like anything by Danny Elfman...and also like a beautiful mind soudtrack...any suggestions?

Danny Elfman is great.

LOTR, original Star Wars, Garden State, Gladiator, Interview with the Vampire.

Single best song from a movie came from Reqiuem For A Dream. Later used in films like LOTR and Zathura. The sad thing is I have no idea what it's called.

i noticed they take Nightmare before Xmas songs everywhere nowadays...as for you song in requiem for a dream and Lotr??? let me know when you find it

Edited by habs_in_the_blood

i noticed they take Nightmare before Xmas songs everywhere nowadays...as for you song in requiem for a drema and Lotr??? let me know when you find it

Speaking of Nightmare, did you hear they're re-releasing it in 3D. Not like CGI though, just those lame red and blue glasses. They've got a bunch of pop-punk bands doing a soundtrack for it (crap like Panic At The Disco).

As for the LOTR song, I'll let you know. My friend found it and downloaded it but the file was just called "The Requiem Song" so we still have no idea what the title is.

Just hit me, I bet wikipedia would have info on it. Wiki has info on EVERYTHING.

Blah, this is the best wiki had

The soundtrack has been widely praised and has subsequently been used in various forms in trailers for other films, including the The Da Vinci Code. More specifically, a version of the recurring theme was re-orchestrated for The Lord of The Rings: The Two Towers trailer. [2] This version is often known as "Requiem for a Tower," but has never been commercially released, despite being featured in many popular film trailers. The song was also sampled in Lil' Jon & the East Side Boyz' album Kings of Crunk. A version of "Lux Æterna" by Fiachra Trench was featured in an Enda McCallion-directed advert for the 2006 AIB Ryder Cup.

Speaking of Nightmare, did you hear they're re-releasing it in 3D. Not like CGI though, just those lame red and blue glasses. They've got a bunch of pop-punk bands doing a soundtrack for it (crap like Panic At The Disco).

As for the LOTR song, I'll let you know. My friend found it and downloaded it but the file was just called "The Requiem Song" so we still have no idea what the title is.

Just hit me, I bet wikipedia would have info on it. Wiki has info on EVERYTHING.

i know...ever since i was like 11 ive been a fan of NBC and like decided three years ago to get it tattoed on my left arm...then blink 182 sing a song about them and now everyone think they actually know the movie ...some never saw it having tshirts of it...really pisses me off...to think you have something your own and then millions of people have it

speaking of tattoo's i also have a hudge lord orc in my back...with gandalf on the upper left....going to finish my hwole back with a lotr theme...lower back..( you prolly saw the posters with the ringwraiths running in water?) well thats going to be my lower back ...with the shrine somewhere in there and sauron's eye in the middle of my neck...cant wai to finish it with armies of elves and orcs

I know, I was amazed at how much it's popularity exploded a few years back. I loved the movie since I was a kid but almost everyone else didn't really like that. Then about...oh...2002, it starts to gain this huge momentum out of nowhere and then Blink wrote "I Miss You" and that just put it over the top.

You wanna talk about succesful mass marketing, NBC is a perfect example. I think it started with the 10th anniversary edition. Now just ask any 15 year old scenester/emo kid what their top 5 movies are and guaranteed NBC is in there.

i know...ever since i was like 11 ive been a fan of NBC and like decided three years ago to get it tattoed on my

speaking of tattoo's i also have a hudge lord orc in my back...with gandalf on the upper left....going to finish my hwole back with a lotr theme...lower back..( you prolly saw the posters with the ringwraiths running in water?) well thats going to be my lower back ...with the shrine somewhere in there and sauron's eye in the middle of my neck...cant wai to finish it with armies of elves and orcs

Holy shit dude, that sounds badass. Since I was about 15, I've wanted two tatoos of a snake wrapping around both my arms but it just sounds like something I'd come to regret in 10 years so I've never really pursued the idea.

I know, I was amazed at how much it's popularity exploded a few years back. I loved the movie since I was a kid but almost everyone else didn't really like that. Then about...oh...2002, it starts to gain this huge momentum out of nowhere and then Blink wrote "I Miss You" and that just put it over the top.

You wanna talk about succesful mass marketing, NBC is a perfect example. I think it started with the 10th anniversary edition. Now just ask any 15 year old scenester/emo kid what their top 5 movies are and guaranteed NBC is in there.

lol exatcly...yeah i had the video cassette..way back and got the dvd..when it first came out like 39.99 ( lol) and there was three copies in the store no one picked them up ( i worked at the mall and noticed ) then as you say the whole 2002 era...then they had like 100 copies all at 19.99 and emo's and what not having purses and t shirts...i remember going to see that at the theaters with my older bro and dad...never let me choose a movie after that lol

ohh yeah i have one of the rare copies of the soundtrack ...( probebly not rare anymore lol)

I realize our Euro contigent will listen to different stuff, definitely understandable! I was refer more to the NA side of the house. :)

Even though i'm from the euro continent ;). I just love it to find new bands, there is so much good music out there that most people dont know of. Just not commercial or not detected yet by the big crowd.I'm not the guy that turns on the Top 40 and let the music be handed over to me. I like to find it myself, strolling over internet. Trying new stuff. Thats why i also go to Festivals, learning about new bands. And this way i found so much great music otherwise i should have missed. And i really think that otherwise i would have missed out. Maybe its just a hobby.

Offcourse there are some great mainstream bands, i also listen to Coldplay/Queens of a stoneage/Counting Crows/The Ramones.

Most of the time the concerts are also much better seeing them in a small room with maybe a couple of hundred people instead of a big concerthall/sportcenter with thousands..There is just way more interaction.

If i should say, try some stuff people listen here to, maybe there is some you like!

The music in the Movie "Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain" , its real nice!

it is. I'm not a huge fan of soundtracks but I love this one... great movie as well.

L'auberge espagnol as a great soundtrack too.

it is. I'm not a huge fan of soundtracks but I love this one... great movie as well.

L'auberge espagnol as a great soundtrack too.

I did the Amelie tour, cuz last summer is stayed in MontMartre, the area in Paris where the movie was taken. It brings you to the best places of Montmartre, and cool to see some sides from the movie!

me a blasphemer !?? :(

but I,m such a nice person.

I'm surrounded by heretics.

Nah, don't worry about it. I was only kidding.

Does anyone listen to somewhat "normal" music nowadays, or does everyone get off on finding some obscure band that nobody had heard of in an attempt to flaunt their supposed musical IQ? Just curious, because reading through threads, I'm becoming the typical old guy, I don't know most of the stuff anyone here is listening to.

I feel totally outdated and uncool. I feel like Homer Simpson on that Hullabalooza episode.