Michael Ryder: Maples

Bryan Smolinski: Thrashers

Mark Streit: Jackets

Edited by revvvrob

Patrice Brisebois: Montreal

Michael Ryder: Toronto

Bryan Smolinski: Columbus

Mark Streit: Columbus

Exactly what I was about to post. I think it's either retirement or the Habs for Patrice. I think him coming back depends on whether or not the team can dump Dandenault. If they can't, they could just go forward with him as the spare defender. With Ryder, the last few years we've always been waiting for him to sign with Toronto, though we always assumed they'd be snaking him away, rather than us letting him leave. Columbus will try and fail to sign one of the top forwards available and will then even miss out on bringing Mike Peca back. They will then be stuck signing a guy like Smolinski. Scott Howson will see Streit's powerplay numbers and think he's the upgrade on Hainsey he's looking for. Halfway through the season he'll find out that defensive depth in Montreal was not the only reason he was playing forward most of the season. Fan will clamor for Hainsey.

Breezer: Retire

Ryder: Pittsburgh

Smolinski:Ottawa

Streit: Columbus, Bruins

I generally agree with the sentiment in this thread that Brisebois is either back in the tricolore or out on the golf course, but I figure BG only needs one of Dandenault, Bouillon and Brisebois and he already has two of them under contract.

I would normally figure Ryder going to Toronto, but I really think Fletcher is throwing the coming season. Pittsburgh needs some forwards, it seems and it would have space for a two year deal for Ryder. Gino could probably set him up for quite the rebound season.

I have no real sense of where Smoke is needed, but going back to Ottawa seems as reasonable as anything else.

BTW - it is impressive how much the Bruins are paying for the team they are icing.

Exactly what I was about to post. I think it's either retirement or the Habs for Patrice. I think him coming back depends on whether or not the team can dump Dandenault. If they can't, they could just go forward with him as the spare defender. With Ryder, the last few years we've always been waiting for him to sign with Toronto, though we always assumed they'd be snaking him away, rather than us letting him leave. Columbus will try and fail to sign one of the top forwards available and will then even miss out on bringing Mike Peca back. They will then be stuck signing a guy like Smolinski. Scott Howson will see Streit's powerplay numbers and think he's the upgrade on Hainsey he's looking for. Halfway through the season he'll find out that defensive depth in Montreal was not the only reason he was playing forward most of the season. Fan will clamor for Hainsey.

Not an Blue Jackets experts at all, but my guess is that Columbus will get a home town discount on Smolinski and sign Streit by the same reason you mention.

Ryder to Maple Leafs could be a sign and deal with Montreal. Sundin signs and Ryder signs. Both traded the next hour. I also think that's a fair compensation and my guess is that Ryder was apart of the package the Montreal hade in place for Toronto at the trading deadline. Toronto could also be the only place where Ryder would be garuanteed a spot on the top line.

Not an Blue Jackets experts at all, but my guess is that Columbus will get a home town discount on Smolinski and sign Streit by the same reason you mention.

Ryder to Maple Leafs could be a sign and deal with Montreal. Sundin signs and Ryder signs. Both traded the next hour. I also think that's a fair compensation and my guess is that Ryder was apart of the package the Montreal hade in place for Toronto at the trading deadline. Toronto could also be the only place where Ryder would be garuanteed a spot on the top line.

maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember too many sign and trades in the NHL. Is there much precedent for that?

maybe I'm wrong, but I can't remember too many sign and trades in the NHL. Is there much precedent for that?

I can only think of the Hossa-Heatley deal.

Brisebois : Retirement

Ryder : Islanders, They'll need to make it to the cap floor, plus they're in dire need of offense

Smolinski : New Jersey? Complete shot in the dark here.

Streit : Ottawa. They need to replace Corvo.

Edited by Jean

Brisebois: Montreal

Ryder: Dallas (my 2nd choice is Boston here due to Julien connection)

Smolinski: Columbus (total stab in the dark)

Streit: NY Islanders

2 for 2 (kinda)