Our depth situation

Canajun

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF is "Hank"?

insider info... reminds me I should put it on that long ago defunct tag on Habs nicknames

Hank is Henry's Nick

Know what, we're fine depth wise without Sundin,

but if we sign him, we become much better.

Just for fun, if we sign Sundin, what does our

4th line look like?

Well, some combo of Lapierrre,Chipchura,

Begin,Laraque and Kostopoulos.

Am I the only one that thinks that 4th line

is pretty impressive?

And Brisebois as a reserve, is ok. :hlogo:

insider info... reminds me I should put it on that long ago defunct tag on Habs nicknames

Hank is Henry's Nick

Oh... ok.

but Henry's not going to see more time with the Habs than Mathieu Biron did...

Oh... ok.

but Henry's not going to see more time with the Habs than Mathieu Biron did...

I agree! But I can only hope .... what I do like at this time of the season is that if you look at the roster page in the Habs official page he appears there with a jersey number even :) along with velentenko Denis etc.....gotta like that! they are officially part of the Habs Roster "PAGE" Lol :clap:

Know what, we're fine depth wise without Sundin,

but if we sign him, we become much better.

Just for fun, if we sign Sundin, what does our

4th line look like?

Well, some combo of Lapierrre,Chipchura,

Begin,Laraque and Kostopoulos.

Am I the only one that thinks that 4th line

is pretty impressive?

And Brisebois as a reserve, is ok. :hlogo:

Definitely love the Habs depth this upcoming year, with or without Sundin or any more additions. Having those 5 guys rotating in and out on the 4th line would create good, healthy competition and provide good depth in case of injury along the way.

another thing... assuming Alex Henry does do well at training camp... and we still have Dandy... and assuming Henry makes a good run for 7th D ... how does Dandy feel? he should be worried &%$! this guy plays forward and back like I do but gets minimum pay and 2 tier one at that!!?!

Dandy sure better keep his speed up (thats the only thing that makes him valuable so far "Keeps icing to a limit and shoots right"

another Alex Henry vid

Showing you he got class... he was obviously too big for Begin and seeing as Begin was still fighting (love Begin's never die Philosophy) Henry decides to end it for the good of both players.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lxbjK62JdzA&feature=related

more Alex fights

always defending his teammates

haha I like this one where George Laraque is close by saying come on dude take on me instead

Edited by CoRvInA

But Laraque will fight anyway, doesn't really make much sense to carry two enforcers in the pro lineup. Come to think of it, there might be two on the farm in Henry and Ryan Flinn.

Yeah I know!! will the Bullydogs be feared next year? from champ one year to non qualifying the next... they had to do something

ok boys and girls!

Whats our depth at Centre... and who could we go after if we do need a Centre to man a top line...???

It is the only real ? in the future.

Maxwell has promise but is injury prone.

Sergei was a disaster there when he was tried as was Higgins.

Plekanec can be a middle of the pack #1 Centre.

Chipchura has more offensive upside than most believe because of his ability to dominate down low (needs work in the faceoffs though)

Lapierre is a better winger it allows him to be more aggressive.

Koivu only has 2-3 years left.

Montreal needs a trade or some luck to find a gem #1 or #2 centre to help bolster this team offensively.

Tanguay is also an option. He is at least as good a temoprary fix as Higgins is. Fortunately, we have the assets in our organization to haul in a #1 centre replacement for Koivu - and if not, we also have a good enough situation to attract quality UFA - and if not, we have good enough scouts to nab one in the draft (would probably involve us trading up). It isn't time to panic yet but I think that centers should be our target next offseason on July 1st and at the draft.

Tanguay is also an option. He is at least as good a temoprary fix as Higgins is. Fortunately, we have the assets in our organization to haul in a #1 centre replacement for Koivu - and if not, we also have a good enough situation to attract quality UFA - and if not, we have good enough scouts to nab one in the draft (would probably involve us trading up). It isn't time to panic yet but I think that centers should be our target next offseason on July 1st and at the draft.

That is not reassuring because Higgins was just terrible at centre.

There is Trotter and Maxwell at C on the Bulldogs right now, both have offensive centre upside. Ryan White is another option, though he seems more like a bottom 6 forward for a projection.

They're tough to find, and there is a reason the team has gone after the likes of Arnott, Briere, and now Sundin the last 3 offseasons.

Maxwell has had some injury issues, but none of them are recurring and more of the freak variety than a long term problem at this point. He's the best internal hope for the team.

Chipchura can't be forgotten as well. If he can develop into a very good two-way centre as projected, he helps alleviate a bit of the size issue down the middle, although it's not like he's incredibly large.

Tanguay is a lot more creative with the puck than Higgins. So he is a better option

as a replacement C than any other Habs at this moment.

Chipchura is a big question mark this year ? He was pushed out of Montreal last year

to work on Face-offs, speed and because there was no room for him in the line up.

He is in or out after this camp.

Tanguay is a lot more creative with the puck than Higgins. So he is a better option as a replacement C than any other Habs at this moment.

Chipchura is a big question mark this year ? He was pushed out of Montreal last year

to work on Face-offs, speed and because there was no room for him in the line up.

He is in or out after this camp.

Uh... Chipchura has at least the 2009 training camp before the Habs think he's not good enough. Geez, last year was only his second year professionally. Andrei Kostitsyn didn't make the team until he spent over 2 1/2 years with the Bulldogs. Chipchura has only been with the Bulldogs for 1 1/2 years.

If we sign Mats Sundin this summer, I hope for his sake that we trade Kyle Chipchura. Even though he has much more to offer, I'm quite sure that he would be the one penalized before the likes of Begin, Kostopoulos, and Dandeneault (these guys should all be gone after this season anyways), and he would basically waste another season playing in Hamilton; if at least they would have given him good wingers in the minors, he could have worked on his offensive game, but he's the one always stucked with the Baines, Stortini, etc.

Otherwise his only hope would be to be called-up because of injuries, and cause a "surprise" like Andrei Kostistsyn did, who also wasted about a year and a half in the minors even though he deserved to be with the Canadiens.

Otherwise his only hope would be to be called-up because of injuries, and cause a "surprise" like Andrei Kostistsyn did, who also wasted about a year and a half in the minors even though he deserved to be with the Canadiens.

No, Andrei did not deserve to be with the Canadiens earlier. He was a raw talent who needed time to understand the game. According to your timeline, he should've been up in the NHL right after the lockout, coming off a 23 point AHL rookie campaign.

Detroit kept Jiri Hudler in the AHL for 3 seasons before he made the team as a 4th liner in 2006-07. Good teams can wait on younger players. We aren't forced to play Chipchura and have him waste time on the 4th line when he still has things he can learn in the AHL.

Because you sign Sundin you trade Chipchura? What are thinking? Chipchura has already been told he has a spot on the team and it's his to lose.

With Sundin signed Chipchura goes down, big deal, you don't trade a 20 with a prominising future becuse he doesn't make the team in his second full year. That's insanity. Koivu and Sundin's (if signed for 1 year) contracts are up. No guarantee either one resigns here.

So the solution is trading your best centre in the minors for some reason. I'm glad Bg runs the team and not some of the fans.

Because you sign Sundin you trade Chipchura? What are thinking? Chipchura has already been told he has a spot on the team and it's his to lose.
If we sign Mats Sundin this summer, I hope for his sake that we trade Kyle Chipchura.

He didn't say that Chipchura should be traded for the team's benefit, but for his own benefit. He simply feels bad for the kid if he has to spend another year in the minors.

Problem there on depth is Lapierre is ahead of Chipchura.

Chipchura challenge is to move ahead of Lapierre. And if he cannot move ahead

of Lapierre in Habs depth chart then i have a problem saying he will ever be an impact

player in the NHL.

Problem there on depth is Lapierre is ahead of Chipchura.

Chipchura challenge is to move ahead of Lapierre. And if he cannot move ahead

of Lapierre in Habs depth chart then i have a problem saying he will ever be an impact

player in the NHL.

Lapierre's future is likely on the wing, where he can be more free to be an agitating force. Begin, Kostopolous, Koivu and if he signs Sundin are all UFA's in 2009. We'll need Chips in 2009-10 definitely. Lapierre will likely take one of the lower vets' spots (Begin or Kostopolous) on the wing and Chipchura will get promoted to 3rd line centre. At worst, Lapierre sticks out another year at centre and someone else (like Stewart) takes the 4th line wing spot.

Chipchura's cap hit is enough over Lapierre's that you have to seriously consider the benefits of Chipchura over Lapierre if we're tight to the cap. Plus, with Chipchura being waiver exempt and Lapierre not, Chipchura would have to be significantly an improvement over Lapierre, Begin, and Kostopolous to have him bump any of them for a roster spot.

There's no reason to throw in the towel on his Habs career if he can't do that in September. Especially considering the changes coming for 2009-10.