Habs UFA and RFA Signings

Free Agents Re-signed

Andrei Kostitsyn: 9.75 million over 3 years (cap hit of 3.25 million)

Jaroslav Halak: 1.55 million over 2 years (cap hit of .775 million)

Maxim Lapierre: 1.375 million over 2 years (cap hit of .6875 million)

Ryan O'Byrne: 2.825 million over 3 years (cap hit of .942 million)

Cedrick Desjardins: Unknown two-way contract

Greg Pateryn (acquired in Toronto trade): Unknown two-way contract

Free Agents Signed

Georges Laraque: 4.5 million over 3 years (cap hit of 1.5 million)

Marc Denis: Unknown two-way contract

Alex Henry: Unknown two-way contract

Ryan Flinn: Unknown two-way contract

Edited by Fanpuck33
Added Signing Info

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People forget he already landed a top 6 forward. This will make the Koivu line immediately better.

Sundin is my top choice but it doesn't look too good right now.

Rolston is very interesteing, he solves alot of problems and can play any where.

Higgins Rolston Sk (nice 3rd line with spped, scoring and defense) Rolston also plays the point on the pp, kills penalties and has a bullet of a shot.

Sundin, Rolston, sit out the market. Those are my 3 choices.

No overpriced long term deals. That should be the team goal. It is why Sundin is the perfect fit.

Great talent, short term.

Rolston will probably be overpaid along with Brian Campbell, if so, stay away from him as well.

As someone else pointed out, all BG needs to do at 11:59 is take him to arbitration. Know one can touch him then. I am pretty sure that's how it goes.

Similar to Ryder

As someone else pointed out, all BG needs to do at 11:59 is take him to arbitration. Know one can touch him then. I am pretty sure that's how it goes.

Similar to Ryder

This would NOT be good news. Going to arbitration is NEVER a good thing. Most players come out of it with a really bad taste in their mouths. C'mon Bob, just sign Andrei ASAP, and get it over with!

This would NOT be good news. Going to arbitration is NEVER a good thing. Most players come out of it with a really bad taste in their mouths. C'mon Bob, just sign Andrei ASAP, and get it over with!

does going to arbitration disallow offer sheets?

A team signing Kosty - a player with one, count 'em one, 53-point season behind him - would, depending on the size of the contract, have to give us either one or two first-round picks, along with a second and third-rounder. (The two first-rounders follow a contract of over $5.2 million, which would also prevent that team from making another major RFA signing for a set number of years). Considering that we got Tanguay for a 1st and 2nd-rounder, that's basically saying that Kosty is more valuable than Tanguay. Pretty dubious. While I never underestimate the stupidity of NHL GMs, especially at this time of year, I suspect that we're more worried about Kosty getting poached than we need to be.

Edited by The Chicoutimi Cucumber

As i posted somewhere else, Olesz got 3 mill and had a whopping 26 points. I'm beginning to think i can fax over my stats in my rec league and maybe make a mill with a team. Probably Edmonton.

I would be a big fan of the Habs getting Rolston.

I second that :clap:

He would replace (improve) Streit's shot on the PP.

He is much more versitile than Streit.

I would take him for 4 years at 5 mil. That shuld get it done.

BTW, forget Sundin.

It would just buy Gainey time. Filing doesn't mean it will see a day in court, so to speak, as long as a deal is reached before the hearing.

Hopefully the Habs dont throw money at Hossa. Anything over 6 mill a year is ridiculous, so to hear he is going to get 9... man I hope Gainey stays away form that.

Rolston would be a sweet addition but my heart still hopes for Sundin.

IF we cant get them at forward then maybe sign a DMan (Cams or Redden) just to be deep and extremely hard to play against.

Just my two cents...