Habs UFA and RFA Signings

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wished BG made a purposal for Zherdev.

We could have made a better offer than Backman and Tyutin (spelling).

Zherdev is awesome to watch and his style would fit in nicely here.

Bob could have gotten him with an offer of Halak and Dandy. Then we would just need to sign Marc Denis as a Backup.

Edited by MMPL

Bob could have gotten him with an offer of Halak and Dandy.

Dude, that deal doesn't even make sense. The Jackets have no reason to trade for a goalie with Pascal LeClaire and Steve Mason in the system. Also, Dandenault isn't even as valuable a commodity as Christian Backman.

With the recent Zherdev trade the Rangers actually have 14.5M in cap space.

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=NYR&season=0809

They definitely have the money to still go for Sundin

According to that they have 11M when you factor in the bonus cushion and they have only 14 players

under contract

Dude, that deal doesn't even make sense.

Sorry for overexagerating, but the point is the Rangers robbed the Jackets.

Bob hasn't done enough trading/signing to bring this team to the next level. Sather is desperately trying to do that with his club (and succeeding), I wish BG would do the same :hlogo:

:puke: @ this thread. It's a collage of worthless ideas. :P

However, I've agreed with everything Fanpuck, Ecurb and Chicoutimi Cucumber have said.

Why is everyone saying we struck out on Sundin? I still consider us the favourites to sign him.

:puke: @ this thread. It's a collage of worthless ideas. :P

However, I've agreed with everything Fanpuck, Ecurb and Chicoutimi Cucumber have said.

Why is everyone saying we struck out on Sundin? I still consider us the favourites to sign him.

boy thats a shock :blink:

I wonder whether Gainey shouldn't make (another?) attempt at talking to Selanne. His skills are still there, the chemistry with Koivu is there, and the Ducks have only $1M or so of cap space left. Playing with Koivu and the opportunity to challenge for another Cup could give him pause ... and maybe even get him to seriously consider joining the Habs.

I wonder whether Gainey shouldn't make (another?) attempt at talking to Selanne. His skills are still there, the chemistry with Koivu is there, and the Ducks have only $1M or so of cap space left. Playing with Koivu and the opportunity to challenge for another Cup could give him pause ... and maybe even get him to seriously consider joining the Habs.

He should try but to convince his wife who does not want to live up north.

Here's what I'm thinking, we should save our cap space.

Every day that passes, there is one less suitor for

Sundin.

We can wait this out, and our chances increase.

Would you rather see us pay Laraque or

Dandenault???

With the recent Zherdev trade the Rangers actually have 14.5M in cap space.

http://nhlnumbers.com/overview.php?team=NYR&season=0809

They definitely have the money to still go for Sundin

THey still haven'T signed Jagr, Malik, Paul Mara, Shanahan, Rissmiller, Straka, Firtsche, Dawes. HTye won't ahve any room left for Sundin once they sign Malik and Mara.

NO thanks. Selanne will finish his career in SoCal !! He doesn't want to leave California. And By the way, it's not only his wife who loves the California sun, but Selanne likes it too.

You can forget about Selanne in Montreal. In any case, i don't want him on our team. I'd rather see one of our kids get the extra ice time!

OK I for one am glad Alex Henry is coming to the Habs organization a good Ontario boy who I somewhat know.... (had a post about him years ago) A big dude who will be an experienced enforcer if need be in the big club and will be good in Hamilton regardless! He told me he was a Habs fan. And I thought he was going to Germany this year....

http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/254957.html

It's nothing official yet.

TSN has it official, 3 years @ $1.5 Million a season

TSN has it official, 3 years @ $1.5 Million a season

he brings something we needed.

it looks like chipchura becomes the 13th foward while dandy becomes the 7th D

hehehe

we needed a right handed shot on the power play !!!

For a guy who allegedly said he would never play in Montreal some time ago, I find this signing very interesting. Perhaps he now likes the direction the team is going in, or perhaps he wasn't getting any good offers from other teams. Well, the media should enjoy having big George around.

For a guy who allegedly said he would never play in Montreal some time ago, I find this signing very interesting. Perhaps he now likes the direction the team is going in, or perhaps he wasn't getting any good offers from other teams. Well, the media should enjoy having big George around.

can't wait to see george pound on Lucic next year