Habs UFA and RFA Signings

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see the Habs get tough and not waste the roster spot on it. You gotta think that's the end of Dandenault or Begin in Montreal though.

No not Begin.

Carbo is know for switching/rotating his 4th line after losses, so expect Laps, Begin, Kosto, and GL to take turns in the presser.

Man, the Laraque Begin Kosto line would be awesome! We're ready this time around, Broons :hlogo:

Edited by MMPL

No not Begin.

Carbo is know for switching/rotating his 4th line after losses, so expect Laps, Begin, Kosto, and GL to take turns in the presser.

Man, the Laraque Begin Kosto line would be awesome! We're ready this time around, Broons :hlogo:

I only bring up Begin because of his injury history.

Dandenault, Bégin, Bouillon, Lapierre, Latendresse, Brisebois (?), Laraque and Denis.

Now medias can't stop bashing about the hometown boys thing !

there is this guy named Tanguay I keep hearing about... any good?

Shotgun the most awesome avatar EVER!

BRING ON BIG GEORGES! I can't wait for puck drop - this almost trumps a potential Sundin signing and finally shuts up 2000000 ppl that we need a goon. :D

On another note - I remember watching him play behind the net with the puck for a whole minute just swatting away anyone who came his way. If this doesn't entice Sundin to move to Montreal, nothing will.

Maybe Bob will trade Laraque+Denis for a good player.

But what team would be willing to take Laraque's overrated contract ?

Bit of a stretch. What GM would trade a player when he could have had them at no cost 24 hours ago?

Please, please, please, please teach Guillaume how to play hockey like a Man, Georges. Thanks.

I'm sure Chara won't be able to swat Georges aside like a gnat the way he did Latendresse...

finally!! this is an awesome signing, big george isn't too shabby of a hockey player either ...... now all of our physical guys can step it up another notch or two since they have the toughest guy in the league backing them up and our skilled guys are going to get more room

Marc Denis!

I like him a lot, but wonder what with happen to Halak. A trade comming?

This has nothing to do with Halak. Halak is our #2 as soon as he signs a contract, which I think will definitely happen. I don't even see much of an offer sheet market for him right now, unless Colorado decides to make a splash.

Denis is on a 2 way deal, and he's injury insurance. Cedric Desjardins isn't close to NHL ready.

Great to see Georges come around and actually want to play in Montreal after publicly saying he'd never play here 5 years ago. Tanguay also had no interest in Montreal until this year. This just shows how things are changing.

I watched Gainey's Press conference at 6:45 on RIS, and Gainey said that They picked up Denis to play in hamilton.(to replace Danis)

This move is a unanimously acclaimed decision by bob. Not one single media member or caller on the radio phone-in shows has said anything bad about this trade!

I'm so giddy...screw the next 2-3 months of summer, I can't wait for early October!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Habsfan

Decent fight, but Laraque is mic'ed up, so they show what he says to Ivanans. I had a good laugh.

"Hey, wanna do it? K. Good luck."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242393&lid...s=headlines_nhl

so - is Halak going to stay with the Habs? or is Denis going to stay in the AHL?

Edited by revvvrob

I think Denis will try his best to prove that he's NHL calibre, but I don't see him getting a shot unless there are injuries.

I think Gainey really has no issue with waiting around with the available cap space. I think Sundin announcing his return to the NHL is imminent (probably in a month or so), and the Habs will be there with open arms. Will Sundin sign with us? Who knows, but we'll be able to afford him. If he doesn't, then we're no worse then than we are right now; which is no worse than we were the day we got eliminated from the playoffs (when we shouldn't have.) So we're in a good situation.

Should Sundin decide in the a month he wants to return, the only teams (who Sundin would consider) who will be able to afford him are the Leafs and the Habs. The only other one I could see is Vancouver, but only if they strike out big time on all the other UFA forwards. But I think if Sundin opens his big swedish eyes, he'll see that he will have to carry the load there just as much as he did in TO, and that a cup there is a longshot, at best.

We'll have 3 goalies in camp trying to win one of the two spots w/ the Habs. Bringing in Denis means both Price and Halak need to bring their A-game if they want to stay in the NHL next season.

Denis signed a 2-way deal, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him be send down to Hamilton (though, he probably has to clear waivers, so who knows).