Habs UFA and RFA Signings

Flinn is going to be a solid back-up enforcer if Laraque gets a) injured or b) suspended. I doubt we'll see Flinn much, or at all during the regular season, but come playoff time, he may be a useful asset.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flinn is going to be a solid back-up enforcer if Laraque gets a) injured or b) suspended. I doubt we'll see Flinn much, or at all during the regular season, but come playoff time, he may be a useful asset.

I think he will have to pay to be in attendance at the Bell Centre :D

I think he will have to pay to be in attendance at the Bell Centre :D

Pay with fists of fury! :D

I totally sign this guy in all my EHM leagues to kick imaginary butt.

What a monster. Then again, so is defenceman Mathieu Biron and he never cracked the Habs. Still, I'll take Flinn. :) Maybe he can have some cups of coffee with us and beat someones head in :lol:

I remember Flinn when he played in Halifax. He was an unsung hometown hero.

Man, Montreal has really decided not to get intimidated anymore. next year's hamilton team will be young so I'm pleased that montreal added physical presence to help the kids grow.

Flinn puts pressure/fear off of some of the kids in Hamilton.

Another smart move by BG :clap:

ps- new sig ;)

Edited by MMPL

Flinn puts pressure/fear off of some of the kids in Hamilton.

Another smart move by BG :clap:

ps- new sig ;)

well that makes two then cause ALex Henry is that as well I gues I know who Hnak is gonna be fighting against in the Bulldogs training camp

Here is the official press Release sent out a few hours ago!

CANADIENS SIGN JAROSLAV HALAK

TO A TWO-YEAR CONTRACT

MONTREAL (July 8, 2008) – Montreal Canadiens General Manager Bob Gainey announced today the signing of goaltender Jaroslav Halak to a two-year contract (2008-09 and 2009-10). As per club policy, financial terms of the agreement were not disclosed.

“Jaroslav has proven to be a quality NHL goaltender. He played very well for us when called upon over the past two seasons. He is young competitor with great skills and an excellent work ethic ’’ said Bob Gainey.

Halak, 23, will begin his third season in the NHL this fall. In 2007-08, he played six games with the Canadiens, posting a 2-1-1 record, a 2.11 goals-against average and a .934 save percentage. He played in 28 games with the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs, posted a 15-10-2 record, a 2.10 goals against average and maintained the AHL’s second-best save percentage (.929).

The previous year, he won all of his seven games played at the Bell Centre (7-0-0).

A native of Bratislava, Slovakia, Halak was selected in the ninth round by the Canadiens, 271st overall in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft. He played in a total of 22 career games in the NHL, posting a 12-7-1 record, a 2.71 goals-against average and a .913 save percentage.

For 1.55M

as per rds

now is it 1.55 per year or for the duration of the contract.

I'm glad it's done so he can focus on his training to keep that Denis punk in the AHL

Edit: for 800k and 750 k...awesome deal.

I thinkl we'll have the best return for our buck in the NHL.

Edited by marky_and_komi

So we're paying a total of $1.6M for the Price-Halak tandem. Chicago is paying $12.3M for Khabibulin and Huet. And I'd rather have our two young kids in goal.

This is bloody impressive!