Dowd

Hab faninTO

Dowd should be resigned because he brings qualities that are lacking in the team. He is a good grinder with some skills. Presently the Habs are too solf!

Habs fan in Leaf land

Originally posted by habs faninTO

Dowd should be resigned because he brings qualities that are lacking in the team.  He is a good grinder with some skills.  Presently the Habs are too solf!

Habs fan in Leaf land

Dowd has never been a grinder in his life.

He IS soft... just fast & defensively solid.

Re-signing Sunny was already a mistake, not Dowd too please.

I actually think signing sunny was a good idea. He's very good defensively and could put up some good numbers. And now since he'll most likely be playing with bonk maybe he'll score some more.

As for dowd, i would love to see him come back.

the line

begin-dowd-ward

could be a really sweet 4th line. But if we dont sign him, that leaves room for a prospect.

And habs faninTO, welcome to the boards... but i dont know if you noticed, but there is already a thread about dowd

Originally posted by Natural Mystic

the line:

begin-dowd-ward  

could be a really sweet 4th line.

I'd rather Higgins or Plekanec get a chance on the fourth line to work their way up. I agree with Habs77 that resigning Sundstrom was a mistake, just because there were many other similar players on the market who could have brought the same defensive mentality, but with more grit.

I would have preferred Dowd to Sundstrom, but perhaps Bonk will be able to do (for Sundstrom) what no-one, not even Gretzky, could do...

• 2 weeks later...

With Bonk now occupying line 3, Dowd is not needed. Let Higgins take line 4, he is a solid two way player and could get 20 points. Dowd won't bring that in the future, Higgins will. We need to see what Higgins can do this year.

[Edited on 8-16-2004 by ricucity]

Originally posted by ricucity

With Bonk now occupying line 3, Dowd is not needed. Let Higgins take line 4, he is a solid two way player and could get 20 points. Dowd won't bring that in the future, Higgins will. We need to see what Higgins can do this year.

[Edited on 8-16-2004 by ricucity]

I don't believe you should put blue chip rookies on the 4th line where they won't develop as fast...Higgins will need his minutes...either let him play on the 1st line in Hamilton or the top 3 lines here. Getting 8 minutes a night for a rookie just isn't worth it unless they will only ever be a 3rd/4th liner anyhow. One rookie who could potetnially center the 4th line is Plekanec...I don't see the AHL really doing much more for his development even with the extra minutes.

I agree with Bonk on the team Dowd isn't really needed. However, I still think we'll see Bonk getting some LW time with Koivu...

Re-signing Sunny was already a mistake, not Dowd too please.

Are you nuts? Dowd played an extremely important role on our 3rd line during the playoffs.

He has a good attitude and best of all, he is eager to play for the Habs.

You say signing Dowd is a mistake? I'd much rather have Sundstrom and Dowd over players like Dagenais.

Dagenais reminds me of a Kobe Bryant with no talent.

[Edited on 2004/8/16 by Ribeiro]

The only reason I can think of why Dowd isn't signed right now must be the whole youth movement Bob Gainey was talking about a while ago. Dowd might add veteranship and depth in the team (not to mention experience) but I think Bob would rather see a Bulldogs player compete in the big league.