Interview with Alex Tanguay

habscout

http://podcasts.nhl.com/mp3s/misc/nhlr_06_...lex_tanguay.mp3

You'll have to skip the first 5 minutes of this show, as they discuss some other hockey related issues, before Tanguay joins the hosts. I liked the interview, as it sounded like he genuinely wants to play for Montreal, despite growing up a Nordiques fan. However, considering that Quebec City is his home town, I don't hold that against him. He mentioned a few things that the media have already covered, like being interested in leaving Calgary last season. He mentioned that he and his wife recently had a baby, and that they are only looking to rent a place to live in Montreal, until at least this season is over and he can assess what will happen in the next offseason. I don't believe he was hinting that he's planning to become a UFA, but that he's probably leaving the option open in case things do not work out for him in Montreal. I believe that if he fits in and plays well, then he'll resign with the Canadiens.

Edited by habscout