2008 Habs Development Camp

JoeLassister

July 7th to July 12th in Candiac

Here they are :

Thomas Beauregard, AD, Cincinnati (ECHL)

Erik Boisvert, AG, Sacred Heart University

Mathieu Carle, D, Hamilton (AHL)

Andrew Conboy, AG, Omaha (USHL)

David Desharnais, C, Cincinnati (ECHL), Hamilton (AHL)

David Fischer, D, Université du Minnesota (WCHA)

Olivier Fortier, C, Rimouski (LHJMQ)

Patrick Johnson, AG, Université du Wisconsin (WCHA)

Scott Kishel, D, Sioux Falls (USHL)

Danny Kristo, AD, Moins de 18 ans É.-U. (USDP)

Benjamin Maxwell, C, Kootenay (WHL)

Robert Mayer, G, Saint John (LHJMQ), Suisse (CMJ)

Ryan McDonagh, D, Université du Wisconsin (WCHA)

Jason Missian, G, Peterborough (OHL)

Alexandre Monahan, AG, Victoriaville (LHJMQ)

Max Pacioretty, AG, University of Michigan (CCHA), É-U. (CMJ)

Philippe Paquet, D, Université de Clarkson (ECAC)

Greg Pateryn, D, Ohio Jr. (USHL)

Steven Quailer, AG, Sioux City (USHL)

Joseph Quattrocchi, G, Smiths Falls (CJHL)

Ryan Russell, C, Hamilton (AHL), Cincinnati (ECHL)

Joe Stejskal, D, Université de Dartmouth (ECAC)

P.K. Subban, D, Belleville (OHL), Canada (CMJ)

Jon Paul Testwuide, D, Université de Denver (WCHA)

Michael Testwuide, AD, Colorado College (WCHA)

Nichlas Torp, D, HV 71 Jonkoping Jr. (SUÈDE)

Brock Trotter, C, Université de Denver (WCHA), Hamilton (AHL)

Yannick Weber, D, Kitchener (OHL), Suisse (CMJ)

Ryan White, AD, Calgary (WHL)

James T. Wyman, AD, Université de Dartmouth (ECAC)

Edit : source http://www.rds.ca/canadien/chroniques/255019.html

Edited by JoeLassister

Amazing, can't remember there being this many kids invited to the camp. I saw it back during the summer of 05 and suggest that anyone who lives in the area or has the means of reaching it go check it out.

The only name from recent drafts I don't see on there is Maxim Trunev. Actually, it's just Russians that won't be there (Emelin, Valentenko, and Trunev). That's an impressive turnout.

Looks like they brought one of Trotter's ex-teammates from Denver, as well as that guy's brother who plays for Colorado College. Think Gillett is trying to get the Habs to start plucking kids from his home state instead of Minnesota? :lol:

Hmmm, let's see...

You've got a

1 D who had an impressive 1st pro season (Carle),

2 kids who burned the ECHL (Beauregard & Desharnais),

3 hyped College players (McDonagh, Pacioretty, Fisher),

4 College dark horses (Paquet, Wyman, Trotter, Conboy)

5 players who were top players in their respective junior leagues (Fortier, Maxwell, Subban, Weber, White),

and some extras...

That's what we've got in the system. That's the youth we've got after half the guy under 25 who are already in Montreal.

Don't recall this team ever having this much talented youth piled up.

Hmmm, let's see...

You've got a

1 D who had an impressive 1st pro season (Carle),

2 kids who burned the ECHL (Beauregard & Desharnais),

3 hyped College players (McDonagh, Pacioretty, Fisher),

4 College dark horses (Paquet, Wyman, Trotter, Conboy)

5 players who were top players in their respective junior leagues (Fortier, Maxwell, Subban, Weber, White),

and some extras...

That's what we've got in the system. That's the youth we've got after half the guy under 25 who are already in Montreal.

Don't recall this team ever having this much talented youth piled up.

And a partridge in a pear tree?

Holy Future Defense, Batman.

Carle

Fischer (one off-year does not a write-off make)

McDonagh

Subban

Emelin

Valentenko

et al

Holy Future Defense, Batman.

Carle

Fischer (one off-year does not a write-off make)

McDonagh

Subban

Emelin

Valentenko

et al

these 6 will never play all together, that would mean we would get NO return for our current squad. So imagine adding McDonag, Fisher and maybe Valentenko/Subban/Emelin in the mix... it is crazy.

I was just at a goalie camp in the Toronto area and Jason Missian was an instructor there. The guy is huge, in his butterfly he is as big as me standing in my stance. He needs some work, dont get me wrong he is good. but he is in very good hands as far as goalie coaching goes (Jon Elkin). He is a quiet guy. I watched all of his training sessions with Jon Elkin this week, he did well. He is a straight up butterfly goalie. This guy is going to be good, you have to see him to grasp how big he is. For the moment he is backing up another jon Elkin trained goalie Trevor Cann, who is sick....

I was just at a goalie camp in the Toronto area and Jason Missian was an instructor there. The guy is huge, in his butterfly he is as big as me standing in my stance. He needs some work, dont get me wrong he is good. but he is in very good hands as far as goalie coaching goes (Jon Elkin). He is a quiet guy. I watched all of his training sessions with Jon Elkin this week, he did well. He is a straight up butterfly goalie. This guy is going to be good, you have to see him to grasp how big he is. For the moment he is backing up another jon Elkin trained goalie Trevor Cann, who is sick....

I think many scouts wanted to take a flier on him in the later rounds, but Trevor Timmins beat them to it with an early selection. He sure has intriguing potential, however I hope he gets traded because Trevor Cann will most likely be the number 1 goalie again.

To bad CHL teams are not allowed to trade players between leagues, it could have been interesting to see him play for the new Montreal team.

Has anyone been able to attend or have some info on the camp. I noticed on the front page they had some articles but they were writtem in French which i don't speak.

Thanks for the help.

I normally go in September, so I'll likely wit until then.

Besides, I want to see Trunev and he won't be there unitl September. Here is some info on the kid that Hockeys future had on him.

Maxim Trunev, F

5th round, 138th overall

Ht: 5’11, Wt: 174 pounds, DOB: Sept. 7, 1990

"Our Euro scouts describe him as a combination of the two Kostitsyn brothers," Timmins explained. "He was the MVP of the Mac’s midget tournament earlier this year in Calgary and he’s one of the youngest players in the draft. "

Trunev, a native of Kirovo-Chepetsk, Russia, has average size and room to grow on his frame. He played with Cherepovets 2 in the Russia-3 league.

The absence of a European transfer agreement didn’t scare the club off selecting the young Russian. "He’s already expressed an interest in coming to North America to play in the CHL," Timmins said. "And we know there are numerous CHL teams interested in him.

"We take the best player at the time, regardless of where they are. If we were concerned about [international hockey transfer issues] we wouldn’t have selected Sergei when we did."

Timmins said that he expects Trunev’s development path to mirror that of Sergei Kostitsyn – in terms of playing early in junior.

Edited by Habitforming

I normally go in September, so I'll likely wit until then.

Besides, I want to see Trunev and he won't be there unitl September. Here is some info on the kid that Hockeys future had on him.

Maxim Trunev, F

5th round, 138th overall

Ht: 5’11, Wt: 174 pounds, DOB: Sept. 7, 1990

The absence of a European transfer agreement didn’t scare the club off selecting the young Russian. "He’s already expressed an interest in coming to North America to play in the CHL," Timmins said. "And we know there are numerous CHL teams interested in him.

"We take the best player at the time, regardless of where they are. If we were concerned about [international hockey transfer issues] we wouldn’t have selected Sergei when we did."

Timmins said that he expects Trunev’s development path to mirror that of Sergei Kostitsyn – in terms of playing early in junior.

Has Trunev made a commitment to Portland yet?

cool pics !! I'll be on vacations for the rookie camp. you can bet you'll see my big butt there !!