Centennial Jersey?

Familia

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is that we will be seeing many different versions of the older Jersey's worn by the Habs over the past Century. (the one with the globe, the blue jersey, older versions of today,s jersey etc..)

My guess is that we will be seeing many different versions of the older Jersey's worn by the Habs over the past Century. (the one with the globe, the blue jersey, older versions of today,s jersey etc..)

Does anyone have pictures of the old jerseys?

I'd LOVE to see the globe jersey brought back, if only for a game or two. Only the Montreal Canadiens could pull that one off, and the present team is both good enough, and international enough, to wear it without embarassment. :clap:

I'd LOVE to see the globe jersey brought back, if only for a game or two. Only the Montreal Canadiens could pull that one off, and the present team is both good enough, and international enough, to wear it without embarassment. :clap:

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised to see them wear each and every one of the old jersey's the team has had over the past 100 years. (at least once each)

Like I said earlier, I wouldn't be surprised to see them wear each and every one of the old jersey's the team has had over the past 100 years. (at least once each)

I'd like to think the habs are a bit more reserved than that.

I could see them selling them in the Bell centre store, but not wearing them.

i tend to think that we will see at least 5 jerseys this season...

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? What does "being reserved" have anything to do with this? It's a celebration of the past 100 years of the teams history!

Edited by Habsfan

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying? What does "being reserved" have antying to do with this? It's a celebration of the past 100 years of the teams history!

It is a beautiful thing to celebrate the centennial and certainly the canadiens will find a variety of ways to mark the event. I just don't want every night (or even many of them) to be all about the centennial.

The globe jerseys are particularly problematic considering that they commemorate being world champions, which the habs are not.

The globe jerseys are particularly problematic considering that they commemorate being world champions, which the habs are not.

Ahh! Well, i don't really see it that way. THe Globe jersey was a jersey they wore at one time in the past. I don't see the problem of wearing it for one night!

I agree with you in that I don't want to see them wear a different jersey every night, but 5 or 6 times during the year would be just fine with me!

Ahh! Well, i don't really see it that way. THe Globe jersey was a jersey they wore at one time in the past. I don't see the problem of wearing it for one night!

I agree with you in that I don't want to see them wear a different jersey every night, but 5 or 6 times during the year would be just fine with me!

I guess part of the problem I have is that the 3rd jersey phenomenon (in all North American pro sports leagues) has been to increase merchandise revenue by convincing fans they need a new jersey.

I guess part of the problem I have is that the 3rd jersey phenomenon (in all North American pro sports leagues) has been to increase merchandise revenue by convincing fans they need a new jersey.

Agreed! I'm just glad that the 3rd jersey worn by the Habs actually looks good, and as an added bonus, it's an old jersey worn by the Habs in the 40's.

Those globe jerseys are fantastic!

Question:

What would you rather have, a Globe jersey made in the 20's or a game worn 07/08 Koivu jersey?

Question:

What would you rather have, a Globe jersey made in the 20's or a game worn 07/08 Koivu jersey?

a game worn Komisarek Jersey(i already own one!)

Edited by Habsfan

Question:

This is a no-brainer. I'd prefer to have almost ANYTHING from the 1920s to almost anything from the present...jersey included.

This is a no-brainer. I'd prefer to have almost ANYTHING from the 1920s to almost anything from the present...jersey included.

remember the habs game vs detroit last season and they did like an original six salute before the game. Carbo, Lemieux, Richer, and Moore came out during the ceremony in CCM habs jerseys. I thought that was odd. Maybe they'll go back to CCM for the throw back? The picture of this ceremony is in the Canadiens Magazine with Komisarek on the front that's why i thought of it