Centennial Jersey?

Familia

All home games involving the Original Six teams should have both teams wearing vintage jerseys. How about Montreal's CAC jerseys and Toronto St. Pat's jerseys or Detroit Cougars jerseys.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All home games involving the Original Six teams should have both teams wearing vintage jerseys. How about Montreal's CAC jerseys and Toronto St. Pat's jerseys or Detroit Cougars jerseys.

acorrding to howard berger

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS WILL NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL THIRD JERSEY NEXT SEASON. INSTEAD, THE HABS WILL WEAR A TOTAL OF FOUR DIFFERENT UNIFORMS COMMEMORATING THEIR 100th ANNIVERSARY IN THE NHL. THE 2009 ALL-STAR GAME PATCH WILL BE AFFIXED TO EACH JERSEY. I HAVE RECEIVED NUMEROUS E-MAILS ASKING ME TO POST THE THIRD-JERSEY PHOTOS. OBVIOUSLY, IF I COULD DO THAT, I WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT SEVERAL HOURS DESCRIBING THEM IN MY BLOG. AT THE MOMENT, THE AGREEMENT I HAVE WITH MY LICENSING SOURCE IS TO KEEP THE PHOTOS OFF THE INTERNET. IF I AM ABLE TO SHOW THEM AT SOME POINT, I CERTAINLY WILL***

acorrding to howard berger

THE MONTREAL CANADIENS WILL NOT HAVE AN ACTUAL THIRD JERSEY NEXT SEASON. INSTEAD, THE HABS WILL WEAR A TOTAL OF FOUR DIFFERENT UNIFORMS COMMEMORATING THEIR 100th ANNIVERSARY IN THE NHL. THE 2009 ALL-STAR GAME PATCH WILL BE AFFIXED TO EACH JERSEY. I HAVE RECEIVED NUMEROUS E-MAILS ASKING ME TO POST THE THIRD-JERSEY PHOTOS. OBVIOUSLY, IF I COULD DO THAT, I WOULDN'T HAVE SPENT SEVERAL HOURS DESCRIBING THEM IN MY BLOG. AT THE MOMENT, THE AGREEMENT I HAVE WITH MY LICENSING SOURCE IS TO KEEP THE PHOTOS OFF THE INTERNET. IF I AM ABLE TO SHOW THEM AT SOME POINT, I CERTAINLY WILL***

Man I better save up because I have but only one vice and that is Habs gear.

Man I better save up because I have but only one vice and that is Habs gear.

LOL, I know where you are coming from. For years the only change they made was the numbers

on their jersey (font, colouring etc).

Then the retro white came out, and now 4 more? I might get suckered into a new one as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Rumour from another board that the team will don the 1913 jersey (see my avatar), the 1924:

canadiens1923-1924.gif

And the 1945 jersey which is like this one:

Montreal-Canadiens-3rd-Jersey.jpg

I'm not sure if the vintage one will be "redone" for the Centennial year. Mind you, all of this is rumour. Heard from a Vancouverite Habs fan who wrote:

Apparently we will be wearing 1913, 1924 and 1945, at least according to a French guy at a sports apparel store in Vancouver
- From another board.

I know it isn't Habs related but I wasn't about to start another thread for this.

The league is going to have new jersey designs this year. Here is a concept that I think is cool. I think this would be a good 3rd jersey design for the Hawks

chicagologo.png

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

I know it isn't Habs related but I wasn't about to start another thread for this.

The league is going to have new jersey designs this year. Here is a concept that I think is cool. I think this would be a good 3rd jersey design for the Hawks

chicagologo.png

I really like that concept for the hawks.

Depending on the colors used for the rest of the jersey I think I would actually buy one of those.

chicagologo.png

Very cool.

But why mess with the BEST looking jersey in the league.

I know I am a habs fan but the Hawks jersey is far and away the best in the NHL and possibly the sporting world.

The 1945 one is my favourite. So nice.

The 1945 one is my favourite. So nice.

Yeah and I love when commentators have trouble reading the numbers always makes me laugh when they call Kovalev Dandenault or something along those lines.

Very cool.

But why mess with the BEST looking jersey in the league.

I know I am a habs fan but the Hawks jersey is far and away the best in the NHL and possibly the sporting world.

agree. but the design is freakin' nice. This logo would probably crack my top 5j in any sports.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys,

my source has sent me the new Habs jerseys that they will be wearing to honour the 100th anniversary, however, how can I post it for you guys?!?

Moe Khan

Team 990

upload it to a image hosting site (like imageshack.us) and then use the "insert image" button in the posting window (2nd button to the right of the smileys) to insert the link to the pic.

Wamsley, you are bang on that is what the Habs will be wearing this year, plus they have a 5th jersey in store as well.

Moe Khan

The Team 990

moe.khan@team.990.com

I would love to take the credit, but that goes to JMMR. ^_^

That first one is just hideous. I feel dizzy having seen it.

You might be on to something Fanpuck. I'll bet a million bucks the Habs win the game they wear those shirts in. Simply because the other team will get vertigo trying to focus.

Maybe the Habs should change to this type of optical illusion sweater for good. I'm excited for this year. Seems like the Habs are really going to celebrate in style every 10 games or so. NICE!

You might be on to something Fanpuck. I'll bet a million bucks the Habs win the game they wear those shirts in. Simply because the other team will get vertigo trying to focus.

If you're right, maybe Kovy has something to worry about! ^_^