Lowe named Oilers president

MAK

as per TSN

Im kind of shocked. I thought that Lowe as done a tremedous job in Edmonton.

the cry baby in Anaheim must be laughing his butt off. now he'll be able to trade with Edmonton once again !!

Why would Burke laugh that Lowe got promoted?

Lowe will still be in the running of the team, he just gets a little more time to himself now. Looks like the same situation as Colorado a few years ago.

Why would Burke laugh that Lowe got promoted?

Lowe will still be in the running of the team, he just gets a little more time to himself now. Looks like the same situation as Colorado a few years ago.

I think that Gm is the most important position in a team so him being "promoted"...

Well a GM definitely has a lot of responsibilities but going from GM to President is technically a promotion. Lowe basically oversees everything concerning the Oilers rather then just the players and coaches.

I don't know much about tambellini. he does have an interesting youth pool to work with.

I guess time will tell !!

Reading between the lines, I think Tambellini is one the most talented people who is line to be a GM. It is possible that they wanted him and that the whole burke thing made kevin decide moveing up was a good thing, after all it had become a distraction to the team and burke was never going to shut up. I am not an oilers fan by any stretch of the imagination but this may be a very good move. And that does not mean that kevin did a bad job I think he Had a lot of balls and did some things that needed doin.

I'm quite sad that Tamby had to go but he's deserved a shot with his own team for quite some time. I couldn't feel any happier for him. I wish him luck but not too much of course. :D

Makes getting over the Nucks a little easier now if that's even possible....