Habs talking to Dan LaCouture

Spider-Man NL

http://www2.townonline.com/natick/schoolSp...articleid=68338

LaCouture might have lost some optimism about the league avoiding a lockout, but he's more encouraged about landing a new deal for himself soon.

"I've talked to Boston, Montreal, Pittsburgh, a lot of teams," said the free-agent forward. One team he hasn't spoken to is the Rangers, as LaCouture was frustrated by his lack of playing time there last year.

"I'm happy to be out of New York," said LaCouture, who had seven points and 82 PIMs in 59 games with the Rangers last year. "I have no interest in going back there."

[Edited on 2004/8/15 by Spider-Man NL]

What we really need is a big ass rugged fourth line centerman, to play with Begin & Sundstrom

No, I don't think we need that. Especially since we have Bonk playing centre now.

Unless the big-ass rugged centerman can fight as well as Langdon, he'll just be a slow fat-ass on skates.

What we really need is a sniper, a super-high scorer like...Kovalev!

And I do think that some are underestimating Sundström.

I never tought that he would resign with the Habs, but he did.

In my eyes Sundström is the biggest underachiver in this team, he has the potential to be first line balance player.

If he could get his thing together I could see him play leftwing on a line with Koivu and Kovalev.

But most likley he will see some time along with Bonk on the third.

Begin is a centreman.

He can play wing, as we saw with our glut of centres last year, but he is also an effective centreman. Lacatoure can work IF we need him - I'd ratehr Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins and/or Kostitsyn

Originally posted by Ribeiro
What we really need is a big ass rugged fourth line centerman, to play with Begin & Sundstrom

No, I don't think we need that. Especially since we have Bonk playing centre now.

Unless the big-ass rugged centerman can fight as well as Langdon, he'll just be a slow fat-ass on skates.

What we really need is a sniper, a super-high scorer like...Kovalev!

I thought the subject was about fouth line players??? Bonk will be at the very least the third line center, if not push Ribeiro for the second!!! With Begin at center we still have 3 centerman under 6' tall!!! If we are going to add a player to the fourth, it is of my opinion that a big centerman, with enforcer instincts, is our greatest need. Gainey should have pursued Ian Lappierre a little harder, of course IMO.

Originally posted by TheAussiePosse

Begin is a centreman.

He can play wing, as we saw with our glut of centres last year, but he is also an effective centreman.  Lacatoure can work IF we need him - I'd ratehr Perezhogin, Plekanec, Higgins and/or Kostitsyn

Those players are not 4th line fighters, which is what we are looking for.

Hossa will see action on the 2nd/3rd, and maybe even Kostitsyn will see time there. Higgins may also make the team on the 3rd line, since he is a solid two way player.