AUS 11-10-12

GER 9-7-7

RUS 8-13-15

S. Korea 8-9-6

Japan 8-5-7

Michael Phelps 8-0-0

Italy 6-6-6

granted, it's a ######ing horse competition

I was surprised none of them were from Calgary.

Simon Whitfield took silver in the triathlon giving Canada 11 medals, one away from matching our total from 2004. Week 2 and Canada is kicking ass and taking names now. Boo yah.

I was surprised none of them were from Calgary.

Simon Whitfield took silver in the triathlon giving Canada 11 medals, one away from matching our total from 2004. Week 2 and Canada is kicking ass and taking names now. Boo yah.

last time I checked we were at 10 medals.

Wait, dammit, I meant 13. We're at 13. Officially more succesful games then 2004. We need one more to equal our haul at the 2000 games in Sydney.

I thought it was funny we got a bronze in the 100M Women's Hurdles. 2004, all the hype around Felicien and we get a giant chokejob. Now someone most Canadians haven't heard of enters and we get a bronze.

I seem to remember the 04 Olympics going like this too. Absolutely nothing in the first week and then we start to clean up in the second week. If we could start to do well in the first week, we'd probably be up there with Germany and Korea right now.

Edited by jetsniper

The main problem with Canada is swimming and boxing. We use to rock at boxing in pretty much every categories, but now sending just 1 guy at the 2008 games.

Canada launches protest in Taekwando

I watched this match and don't blame them at all. It looked like she landed about 4 or 5 hits, we should've easily won this match. I doubt they'll get the rematch they're looking for though.

I watched the game too and was wondering why she was not getting ANY points. I must admit that i completely ignore the rules but the Canadian clearly hit the head of the swedish at one point and received zip.

I watched the game too and was wondering why she was not getting ANY points. I must admit that i completely ignore the rules but the Canadian clearly hit the head of the swedish at one point and received zip.

Yeah, I was talking to my friend after the match (who has a black belt in TKD) and he was saying we got completely gipped. I guess all we can do is hope for the best though.

Funny how the world build the medals ranking :

I don't get why they don't use this format:

3 points for gold, 2 points for silver, 1 point for bronze.

Rewarding each medal as the same is flawed, but so is the IOC way of counting simply gold medals and using the other medals as tiebreaks.

Usain Bolt is an absolute freak.

So, who's the KING of these Olympics ?

Phelps

or

Bolt

iiisssshh

Hmm. Let's see. Phelps got 5 individual golds with 4 of them world records along with 3 relay golds that were all world records. Bolt has 2 gold medals in world record time. Seriously, that's not even a contest. People have swept the 100m and 200m before. Nobody has ever gotten 8 gold medals.

Foglia from La Presse despises sprint runners for their huge inflated egos and overrated "athleticism" compared to other sports.

So Phelps is an easy choice over Bolt IMO. Phelps had incredible pressure and a medal record to break. Bolt is just a lazy speed freak out of nowhere.

It's ridiculous how many medals they give for swimming. Phelps is good at swimming, alright. But now they say he's maybe the greatest athlete of all time because he has the most medals. how comes he ends up with 8 medals in a single discipline compared to a guy in another discipline?

nothing againts him.. he's unbelievable. all the swimming world record..

Usain Bolt.. what a shame at the 100m.. he had a chance to set a huge record but he stoped running full speed at 4/5 of the race

It's ridiculous how many medals they give for swimming. Phelps is good at swimming, alright. But now they say he's maybe the greatest athlete of all time because he has the most medals. how comes he ends up with 8 medals in a single discipline compared to a guy in another discipline?

Because there's 4 different styles of swimming. The crawl and back are fairly easy alright; but the butterfly and breastroke are unnaturals.

Plus there is the distances and relay, just like running.

nothing againts him.. he's unbelievable. all the swimming world record..

Usain Bolt.. what a shame at the 100m.. he had a chance to set a huge record but he stoped running full speed at 4/5 of the race

Even so, Bolt got two records, but Phelps didn't just break records, he DESTROYED records. In 4 of his individual races he could have doggy paddled to gold he was so much better than the rest of the field. He didn't let up in finals just because he had the race won, he finished strong.

Like I've said, what Bolt has done isn't anything new. Phelps did something that has never been done before. There's no contest comparing their accomplishments.

Even so, Bolt got two records, but Phelps didn't just break records, he DESTROYED records.

Yeah, only cause Bolt is a cocky bastard. He was friggin jogging in the 200 and still got a WR.

The medal thing doesn't mean much to me, Bolt was only in 2 events. Won both with WR and could've easily had better times then his already outstanding ones.

Usain Bolt is just as good as Michael Phelps. The total medals records really only matter if you're a gymnast or a swimmer, otherwise you have no chance.

Jet is down with The Bolt.

Edited by jetsniper