Sergei Kostitsyn Uncut

TheAussiePosse

Link to interview

Basically the whole article's a cracker, but here are two of my favourites:

Q - Why do you have a special knack against Washington, scoring every third of your goals in the regular season?

A - I don't know, it just happens. Although it's a pity that Henlon left Washington. I would have scored not three but six against them. Let him see who is "too young for the national team".

:lol:

Q - Do you remember the most original question American journalists have asked you?

A - You should not expect originality from them. Every other time they ask the same: "How do you like to play with your brother?"

:clap: zing! :clap:

Man, HW needs an exclusive interview with this guy pronto!

Edited by TheAussiePosse

Agreed.

He takes a swipe at Glen Hanlon who overlooked him for the national team, and then at journalists who ask him the same thing at every interview.

What are we missing here?

He takes a swipe at Glen Hanlon who overlooked him for the national team, and then at journalists who ask him the same thing at every interview.

BTH add Fanpuck have don't sentence of funny.

Yeah, but those were the only funny things in the interview. You hyped it up to be absolutely hilarious and I was disappointed.

Yeah, but those were the only funny things in the interview. You hyped it up to be absolutely hilarious and I was disappointed.

don't worry your are young you will get over it. I thought the article was very funny, he shows a lot of confidence and poise and a very good sense of humor.

:clap: :hlogo:

Yep, Sergei's got a good sense of humour. It's definitely refreshing in a world where most athletes questioned will simply respond in clichés.

Yep, Sergei's got a good sense of humour. It's definitely refreshing in a world where most athletes questioned will simply respond in clichés.

Good, more people got it.

I'm happy to boot Kostopolous now, if Chipchura and D'Agostini and Patches are ready to play - his only other endearing feature (apart from heart and decent defensive skills) was that he was funny.

Good, more people got it.

I'm happy to boot Kostopolous now, if Chipchura and D'Agostini and Patches are ready to play - his only other endearing feature (apart from heart and decent defensive skills) was that he was funny.

He doesn't answer in cliches but that doesn't make him funny. More personality than the average hockey player but compared to the average person his answers are nothing out of the ordinary.

He doesn't answer in cliches but that doesn't make him funny. More personality than the average hockey player but compared to the average person his answers are nothing out of the ordinary.

Yep, our standards are low for hockey players (and deservedly so).

actually it does. I find it real funny when a hockey player does not speak in cliches. Did he miss cliche school? what's going on? there is something fishy here ^_^

So giving serious, straight answers is amusing?

Maybe you don't understand the Russian/Belorussian sense of humour? :?-

When was the last time you heard a Russian throw out a hilarious in-your-face outlandish joke? That's America's style.

Anyway, good point, it's just an article. C'mon rookie camp.