New Logo for the 100th

Habsfan

from RDS.ca

Un logo pour la 100e saison

Mardi 26 août 2008

RDS.ca

Le Canadien a dévoilé son logo qui servira de signature tout au long de la prochaine campagne.

Ce logo bilingue « 100 saisons » reprend le style des chiffres qui ornent la version blanche du chandail du Tricolore utilisé à l’étranger.

Les joueurs de la formation porteront un écusson de ce logo sur leur chandail et le traditionnel logo du Canadien au centre de la glace du Centre Bell cédera sa place à ce logo commémoratif.

Le Tricolore deviendra la première équipe de hockey à disputer 100 saisons et la seule équipe professionnelle en Amérique du Nord, à l’exception de celles du baseball majeur, à atteindre ce plateau.

La formation montréalaise ouvrira sa saison le 10 octobre prochain alors qu'elle rendra visite aux Sabres de Buffalo.

258662_resize.jpg

What the article says is that they players will wear this logo on some part of their jersey(probably the shoulder) and there will be this logo at centre ice at the Bell Centre.

IT also says that this logo is based on the numbers the players have on the back of their white(away) jerseys.

I am just wondering what happened with the previous logo presented last year? Why do they have to use 2 logos ??

n1087260831510187579xb4.jpg

Edited by JoeLassister

I am just wondering what happened with the previous logo presented last year? Why do they have to use 2 logos ??

I rather this one.

Meh. I know for a 100 year old franchise you don't need to go over the top, but a little creativity wouldn't kill us either. I like last year's one better too.

that's what i was thinking.

i mean - i like it, it's ok - but, i can't imagine the graphic designer had a sleepless night working on this one.

i mean - i like it, it's ok - but, i can't imagine the graphic designer had a sleepless night working on this one.

it looks like something you would do when you're bored in class.

it looks like something you would do when you're bored in class.

Exactly. But... did you guys try with 3D glasses ? It is SICK !!!! :lol:

I'd prefer this one over the newly announced one. It's not overly flashy, but it doesn't look like it was done using clipart either.