2008-2009 Habs Training Camp

KoZed

Interesting. I was just reading about how oil companies were going to put 90% of their profits into research for renewable technologies. At a summit in the West Bank, peace was finally found. A benevolent alien species has sent us technology to help clean our air and forever fix global warming.

I mean, Latendresse skating that well is on the same order, right?

Anyone check for signs of Armageddon? Is this one?

Hilarious and astute as always Colin :lol::lol:

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting. I was just reading about how oil companies were going to put 90% of their profits into research for renewable technologies. At a summit in the West Bank, peace was finally found. A benevolent alien species has sent us technology to help clean our air and forever fix global warming.

I mean, Latendresse skating that well is on the same order, right?

Anyone check for signs of Armageddon? Is this one?

You know, I admit I'm a half glass full type of

guy. :wacko:

But, how is Latendresse going from bottom 5, to

top 5, mean he's being compared to our whole team?

I'm pretty sure they're 12 forwards and 6 dmen

that were better skaters then Latendresse.

Seems to me, he might have improved enough to

be better then some of them. :hlogo:

I dont think that people ask Latendresse to be montreal's best skater. all he needs is to be fast enough to follow the pace of the game .

You know, I admit I'm a half glass full type of

guy. :wacko:

But, how is Latendresse going from bottom 5, to

top 5, mean he's being compared to our whole team?

I'm pretty sure they're 12 forwards and 6 dmen

that were better skaters then Latendresse.

Seems to me, he might have improved enough to

be better then some of them. :hlogo:

I'm with you, how much better could he have got? or maybe he was never really that bad. I like Latendresse, If anything that I would wish for, would be, that he develops a hard nosed game like Lucic. He's got the tools, just not sure if he has the mentality to play with such intense toughness. Hopefully Big George will put a chip on his shoulder.

On another note. Anyone catch Koivu's interview when asked about the additions to the 2008/09 habs. He carefully didn't mention any names but went on and on about the toughness that was added. Can't help but feel our captain is thrilled with the addition of Big George more then anything else. Considering there really wasn't any other toughness added. Ya Lang is big but not tough.

I'm with you, how much better could he have got? or maybe he was never really that bad. I like Latendresse, If anything that I would wish for, would be, that he develops a hard nosed game like Lucic. He's got the tools, just not sure if he has the mentality to play with such intense toughness. Hopefully Big George will put a chip on his shoulder.

On another note. Anyone catch Koivu's interview when asked about the additions to the 2008/09 habs. He carefully didn't mention any names but went on and on about the toughness that was added. Can't help but feel our captain is thrilled with the addition of Big George more then anything else. Considering there really wasn't any other toughness added. Ya Lang is big but not tough.

koivu gave an awesome interview I thought... It was especially funny when they asked him how good the team would be this year and he was like "I have to be careful, last year I said we were good but not good enough to be contenders and everyone got really mad so..."

I'm sure he's happy that people won't be taking liberties with him this year thanks to Laraque. I maintain that getting any old goon wouldn't have been useful, but George can play, and that's what makes his additon so valuable...

koivu gave an awesome interview I thought... It was especially funny when they asked him how good the team would be this year and he was like "I have to be careful, last year I said we were good but not good enough to be contenders and everyone got really mad so..."

I'm sure he's happy that people won't be taking liberties with him this year thanks to Laraque. I maintain that getting any old goon wouldn't have been useful, but George can play, and that's what makes his additon so valuable...

That, and that he hardly ever loses fights... not like our past series of enforcers/punching bags...

Agreed!!

There's adding toughness, and then theres adding the

toughest bugger in the league, who seems to have a

sense of humour.

George's presence will have a trickle down effect on this

team. Everyone got 2 inches taller and 10 pounds heavier

when he signed.

I laughed when I read the first habs to come to Laraque

for advice on fighting was, Sergei :lol:

It seems Laraque has taken his job to heart, he's already

protecting this team when it comes to the French media. I

petty the first fool that tests him this coming season. :hlogo:

I dont think that people ask Latendresse to be montreal's best skater. all he needs is to be fast enough to follow the pace of the game .

Yup, if he's gained a half-step or better yet a full one,

with his hands he could get 20-30 goals. :clap:

I also read an article that said that Latendresse was the 5th fastest on the team. I couldn't believe it. Good for him, now let's see him score 25 goals this year!

Edited by Habsfan

Yup, if he's gained a half-step or better yet a full one,

with his hands he could get 20-30 goals. :clap:

Lats has been making slow but steady progress on his skating for over a year now. Nobody will ever mistake him for Lapierre or Higgins, but reports says he now has entirely changed his skating stance from the way he used to skate when he broke in the NHL.

Anyway, Koivu has lost a step in the past few years and Lang isn't a spring chicken anymore. Lats just has to be able to follow them.

Sounds like Lats has come to this years camp a man on a mission. He realized that in order to take the next step, he must do everything in his power to keep his spot in the lineup. Very good to see.

I know lotsa fans seem to be expecting huge things from Lats and even if he scored 30 goals this season, people would be wanting 40.

I'd be happy to see him score 20 goals and play more consistently. It would even be better if he showed himself to be more of a force in front of the net.

Lets remember the kid is still at the age where many players are starting off their professional careers and are in the minors.

Looking forward to a good season from Lats.

Sounds like Lats has come to this years camp a man on a mission. He realized that in order to take the next step, he must do everything in his power to keep his spot in the lineup. Very good to see.

I know lotsa fans seem to be expecting huge things from Lats and even if he scored 30 goals this season, people would be wanting 40.

I'd be happy to see him score 20 goals and play more consistently. It would even be better if he showed himself to be more of a force in front of the net.

Lets remember the kid is still at the age where many players are starting off their professional careers and are in the minors.

Looking forward to a good season from Lats.

Well with the talent in front of him, Lats isnt likely to see any PP minutes so his goals total will be somewhat limited to whatever he can grab at even-strength.

Lats has been making slow but steady progress on his skating for over a year now. Nobody will ever mistake him for Lapierre or Higgins, but reports says he now has entirely changed his skating stance from the way he used to skate when he broke in the NHL.

Anyway, Koivu has lost a step in the past few years and Lang isn't a spring chicken anymore. Lats just has to be able to follow them.

Good for him, eh? That's dedication and maturity, and regardless of how good he turns out to be in the end, it at least shows character and a willingness to work very hard...

Also, I guess you've decided who his linemates are then, eh?

one thing i'm glad about Lats his that he should be playing on RW this year. he had great success in junior on RW.

he will see his share of pp one the second unit. mind you that second unit should be more than ok.

andrei- plecs- lats

hamrlik- sergei.

not so bad !!

Apparently Latendresse is much, much faster this year but I didn't get to see him for myself (just came from the Habs practice in Pierrefonds).

Paccioretty's going to be our Kovalev replacement, he had the most talent on the ice in a group that included Plekanec and the Kostitsyns.

Apparently Latendresse is much, much faster this year but I didn't get to see him for myself (just came from the Habs practice in Pierrefonds).

Paccioretty's going to be our Kovalev replacement, he had the most talent on the ice in a group that included Plekanec and the Kostitsyns.

That's crazy impressive :)

why didn't you see Lats? was he not on the ice?

If I remember correctly, Habsworld had much better coverage of last years camp than this years, with photos and articles. Am I misremembering?

You're remembering correctly I think, or else we're both remembering wrong... but that's how it is with fan forums. it's not like anyone's paid to write those articles or post those photos, someone was just nice enough to do it last year...

in some past seasons we've been lucky enough to have some posters who were able to get to practices with their cameras and get great shots. So far we have yet to be graced with comprehensive photos or recaps from members who made it to the practices, but I'm sure fan reports will start to trickle in. AFAIK, the HW collaborator team never planned the camp recaps and photos.

in some past seasons we've been lucky enough to have some posters who were able to get to practices with their cameras and get great shots. So far we have yet to be graced with comprehensive photos or recaps from members who made it to the practices, but I'm sure fan reports will start to trickle in. AFAIK, the HW collaborator team never planned the camp recaps and photos.

Odd choice, considering the centennial season.

But what do I know? I'm just a lowly poster.

wasn't really a choice per se. People did it on their own in past years, it seems that people have not done it on their own this year.

What choice? HW is just a bunch of average guys who put together a site. Most of the guys who founded the site were college age students who now have jobs and can't go to daytime events such as training camp. None of our contributors in the Montreal area were able to make it this year. We can't just decide to send someone to practices, this is a volunteer operation. If nobody can go, then nobody can go. No decision was ever made not to cover training camp, it just happened.