Champions League

dinamo

Yes Eto was called a monkey by a security and there Ronaldinho was also involved. A black security wanted to help Eto and Ronaldinho simply pushed him away and said some really nice words to him. He also didn't congratulate any of the Blues players, simply a "bad loser".

Nobody knows what really happened during half time but Maurinho isn't such an idiot to say things which never happened (according to Frisk).

Anyways, it's ridicilous to blame only Maurinho, that's his fault Frisk got the death threats. Frisk messed up lots of games and to say that Maurinho's words resulted in death threats, that's really ridicilous.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it? I don't think anyone's saying it's all Mourinho's fault, but he does share some of the blame.

Maurinho isn't such an idiot to say things which never happened (according to Frisk).
I think Mourinho have misinterpreted what happened. Frisk has been a FIFA ref since 1991, so I think he knows what he's talking about.

Mourinho on the other hand has been fined £20 000 by the English FA for saying Sir Alex Fergusson bribed a ref during a Chelsea-ManU game. He needs to watch his mouth.

[Edited on 2005/3/13 by Doktor Kosmos]

Name one ref who has never made a mistake in his entire career.

If players and coaches would get half as much ciritcism as refs do for decisions they have to make in a split second, no one would want to play or coach at all.

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

Is it? I don't think anyone's saying it's all Mourinho's fault, but he does share some of the blame.

Maurinho isn't such an idiot to say things which never happened (according to Frisk).

I think Mourinho have misinterpreted what happened. Frisk has been a FIFA ref since 1991, so I think he knows what he's talking about.

The ref committee is blaming Maurinho and that's what I don't understand ...

The chairman of UEFA's referee's committee says coaches are indirectly to blame for the kind of incidents that prompted Anders Frisk to retire and described Chelsea's Jose Mourinho as 'the enemy of football'.

The enemy of football, *nice* words but nothing else. :eyes:

It can be that Frisk is a FIFA ref since 91 but it doesn't matter in this case. There surely was something in Barcelona, even if he only "talked" to Rijkard but that's something he never should have done.

Mourinho on the other hand has been fined £20 000 by the English FA for saying Sir Alex Fergusson bribed a ref during a Chelsea-ManU game. He needs to watch his mouth.

Very true ... Maurinho is talking trash all the time but as I said before, sometimes you shouldn't take him too serious.

BTW. Remember the Carling Cup final 2 weeks ago when his team scored the equalizer ... he jumped up and showed the Reds fans behind his bench to shut up. He was lucky that this fans didn't jump off his seats ... Maurinho got the red card and I think he was also fined - stupid guy. :lol:

Did you guys see the results from the Spanish La Liga? Real Madrid lost 2-1 to Getafe. I had never even heard of that team before! :o

Bad week for Real.

Yes, PSV lost there Superstars (Robben and Kezman), but they are now more a Team. Teamplay makes them get there. And they have a Good solid defence. Some good midfielders and some talented strikers. And i big striker (he came from my favo club), he can shoot from anywhere, has a good header, and can hold a ball till there is backup!

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Yes, PSV lost there Superstars (Robben and Kezman), but they are now more a Team. Teamplay makes them get there. And they have a Good solid defence. Some good midfielders and some talented strikers. And i big striker (he came from my favo club), he can shoot from anywhere, has a good header, and can hold a ball till there is backup!  

With Cocu and Bommel they have some great veterans and yes, with Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink a great striker. :/) Nice name though ... *lol*

That Korean, I think it's Park, is also red hot right now. Saw him at the last Eurogoals, he's quite good.

• 2 weeks later...

Great result PSV Eindhoven. I think Lyon was very good! PSV didn't had much of a chance, but they managed to score a goal and end it in a draw. It's the best they could get!(they still have a chance now)

*BTW, the Liverpool match was very nice. And the rememberance of 20 years ago also. Quite impressive!

[Edited on 2005/4/6 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

Originally posted by Leafs Suck

Luis Garcia's goal was a beauty.

So all LFC need to do is win or tie (by scoring atleast 1 goal) and they're threw to the Semis?

The goal was a beauty?! The goal was freakin awesome ... :o:D

Yes, Liverpool just need a tie - they don't even have to score a goal.

You guys know I hate Chelsea so I know because of my bias I judge them more harshly than other teams... but would it kill them to NOT complain at the referee everytime he makes a call that is not in their favour? Even I admit they're a bunch of very talented soccer players... I just don't think they need to behave like this. They don't seem to have any respect for the ref at all. Damian Duff, as cool a name as he has and as good a player as he may be, is a complete asshole.

Besides, if you disregard the bad example they are setting with their complete and total lack of respect for the referee, isn't it more useful to focus more on their own playing rather than the ref's refereeing?

Originally posted by Dutch_Habs_Fan

Great result PSV Eindhoven. I think Lyon was very good! PSV didn't had much of a chance, but they managed to score a goal and end it in a draw. It's the best they could get!(they still have a chance now)

*BTW, the Liverpool match was very nice. And the rememberance of 20 years ago also. Quite impressive!

[Edited on 2005/4/6 by Dutch_Habs_Fan]

Did you see what some of the Juventus fans did? They whistled, turned around, and stuck their middle fingers up during the moment of silence.

I can't believe the UEFA games are actually getting airtime here. They never play football over here. They're usually to consumed with the Leafs or BooJays.

With the amount of passion people show during World Cup, you'd think this is a great football nation but it really isn't. Besides, I always wonder if Canada made the WC if all these hardcore football fans would be cheering for them.

Originally posted by Doktor Kosmos

You guys know I hate Chelsea so I know because of my bias I judge them more harshly than other teams... but would it kill them to NOT complain at the referee everytime he makes a call that is not in their favour? Even I admit they're a bunch of very talented soccer players... I just don't think they need to behave like this. They don't seem to have any respect for the ref at all. Damian Duff, as cool a name as he has and as good a player as he may be, is a complete asshole.

Besides, if you disregard the bad example they are setting with their complete and total lack of respect for the referee, isn't it more useful to focus more on their own playing rather than the ref's refereeing?

Hm .. I also don't like the Blues as a Gunners fan (I'm just happy that with FCL and the Blues are still 2 English teams in the CL) but hey, they're complaining the same as every other team on the world too. And to call Duff an asshole, I don't know why you don't like him but that's a bit too harsh.

And for the Ref yesterday ... horrible call in the last minute. It was never ever a penalty, I would also complain about such things.

BTW. They focused on their playing ... a 4-2 win vs. Bayern says it all. :D

[Edited on 7-4-05 by HABS Fan Nr.1]

It hurts to be a soccer fan tonight:

BBC link

Milan game ended by crowd trouble  

AC Milan's semi-final against Inter Milan had to be abandoned amid scenes of ugly crowd trouble by Inter's fans.

The game was halted after Inter supporters threw flares and bottles in the Milan penalty area, one of which hit goalkeeper Dida on the shoulder.

The troubled started when Inter, 3-0 down on aggregate after Andriy Shevchenko's first-half strike, saw Esteban Cambiasso's effort ruled out.

The game was halted and then abandoned altogether after more crowd trouble.

The tie is now likely to be award to Milan, while Inter can expect to face severe sanctions by Uefa.

The orchestrated manner of the attacks suggests that the trouble may well have been premeditated, although many Inter fans in other parts of the stadium left once the trouble started.

In any case, Uefa is likely to come down hard on Inter for failing to control their fans at a time when European football has been remembering the Heysel disaster 20 years ago.

The game had got off to a controversial start after Shevchenko appeared to headbutt Marco Materazzi in the second minute.

Neither the referee, Markus Merk, or his assistant spotted the offence so Shevchenko got away with the headbutt and remained on the field.

Should Uefa investigate Shevchenko's headbutt on Materazzi, the Milan forward could be charged with violent conduct which could rule him out of both semi-final legs.

It was a moment of madness by the usually disciplined Shevchenko, who appeared to deliberately clatter into Materazzi setting the tone for a fractious opening period.

When the game did settle, Inter pressured Milan's defence with Adriano causing Nesta all kinds of problems with his physical presence.

But where Nesta failed, Jaap Stam was immovable and the Dutchman had another outstanding game, thwarting Adriano at every move.

Inter's best efforts came from long range with Juan Sebastian Veron and Kily Gonzalez forcing superb saves from Dida, who was also in imperious form.

At the other end, Toldo's only real action of the first half was picking the ball out of his goal after Shevchenko's superb left-foot strike from the edge of the area.

Inter's chances of getting back into the match were always going to be limited given that they had not beaten Milan in three years.

And they suffered a further setback when Adrian limped off soon after the break.

His replacement Obafemi Martins almost made an immediate impact, but Dida's outstretched leg diverted his shot onto the post.

Inter continued to press for the equaliser and they thought they had go it when Cambiasso headed home Veron's corner.

But referee Merk deemed that Dida had been fouled in the build-up to the goal and awarded a free-kick.

That decision sparked the missile and flare-throwing, and Dida was lucky to be struck on the shoulder, the firework only missing his head by inches.

While Dida received treatment in the middle of his own half, Inter's Cristiano Zanetti and Veron tried to clear the Milan penalty area of the missiles but to no avail.

Merk instructed the players to leave the pitch. After a lenghty delay, both sides came back on, only for the restart to last 30 seconds before Merk abandoned the tie completely.

It was sad end to what had been an excellent footballing spectacle, Merk will now submit his report to the Uefa Control and Disciplinary Body, who will deal with the case.

:nono: