The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

Well, then I guess I won't fly you here to Ottawa to watch the game on a massive high def screen, feed you everything under the sun, and open the best bar you can imagine. To say nothing of the dancing girls. Anyone else interested?

Huh, sounds like a regular night at my grandpas.

I guess those are the secret benefits of being old and decrepit?

The Dolphins also signed CFL sackmaster Cam Wake to the largest contract ever given to a CFL player from an NFL team. I forget the exact specs but I do remember someone saying it's larger then the entire cap for one team in the CFL.

4 years, $4.9 mil with a $1 mil signing bonus. I figured he'd get an NFL deal, but the length and $$ surprised me a bit.

Oh, and go Cards!

Huh, sounds like a regular night at my grandpas.

I guess those are the secret benefits of being old and decrepit?

Bah. I told the dancing girls to keep their teeth in.

• 2 weeks later...

What a huge black eye this game is gonna give the NFL. To not review the Cardinals last play is simply unforgivable. Fumble my ass.

That being said, Arizona didn't deserve to win. Their gameplan was horrible. They barely even looked at LFitz the first three quarters. How do you not even look at the best receiver in the game? They go into halftime with the lead if they just throw a fade route on 1st and goal. Nobody is gonna stop him on that play.

No, they reviewed it. It was just clearly a fumble so they didn't spend much time on it.

Goodell has to be kidding himself if he thinks that topped last years Super Bowl. Probably one of those things you just kinda have to say though.

No, they reviewed it. It was just clearly a fumble so they didn't spend much time on it.

Goodell has to be kidding himself if he thinks that topped last years Super Bowl. Probably one of those things you just kinda have to say though.

Of COURSE it topped last year. Duh. Steelers won.

When was there a review? They only had time to look at one replay before the Steelers were on the field taking a knee. There's no way you can look at that play that quickly and uphold the call. Even if the call doesn't get overturned, you have to look at that play at least as long as the other reviews in that game. The play clinched the result of the game, you gotta take your time with it.

I also don't see how it can be called "clearly a fumble." While I don't know if there was enough to overturn it, it looked like a forward pass to me. It did get knocked loose, but he was still able to get enough grip back on the ball to throw it forward.

Really? I think that was easily a better game than last year. Back and forth throughout that fourth quarter.

Really? I think that was easily a better game than last year. Back and forth throughout that fourth quarter.

But for the other 3 quarters you had Arizona playing like crap and the refs trying to take the spotlight from the players. Just a messy game to watch.

Last year you had the biggest upset arguably ever. The 18-0 Patriots were supposed to trample the Giants and instead we got a very close, tight football game. You add in something straight out of NFL Films in David Tyree's catch (which will be high up on future "Best Play ever" lists) and then the Giants get a late TD to take the lead and stun the world. It was like a storybook game made for Hollywood.

Sure the 4th quarter was exciting but better overall game? Not a chance.

To be honest I remember two plays from last year's Super Bowl. Tyree and then the Burress TD.

Next year I guarantee I will remember the Fitz TD, the Harrison INT return, the Holmes TD and even a couple of catches leading up to it, and the Zona safety. Probably the Warner fumble too to end the game.

It's arguable but I'm taking this years game and I don't think I'm alone judging by what a lot of my friends were saying, as well as the media.

Perhaps you enjoyed the Giants-Pats because it was just fun to root against New England?

Nah man, I was cheering for the Patriots. I wanted to see history (and wanted New York's next Super Bowl to come from the Jets). Plus my dad is a gigantic Patriots fan so I wanted them to win for him.

People are still on the Super Bowl hangover, in the long run the 2008 Super Bowl will be better remembered just because of what it meant. This years is still probably top 10 but last years was better.

Best Super Bowl I've ever seen though is still Panthers/Patriots.

The SB I remember the most is the first I watched. 1989, 49ers vs Bengals. I became a SF fan the year before just because 49 was my hockey jersey number (until Savage ruined it years later).

Anyway, game itself was tight.

4th quarter, Cincinnati is leading 16-13 with something like 3 mins left to play. The 49ers are at their 10 yards line. I'm sure the goddamn Bengals are gonna win.

That's when I first met Joe Cool... Montana just calmly brought the 49ers down field, throwing pass after pass. The guy just looked completely in control of everything. With 30 secs left to play in the game, Montana threw a touchdown pass to Taylor. BAM! Instant classic.

Nah man, I was cheering for the Patriots. I wanted to see history (and wanted New York's next Super Bowl to come from the Jets). Plus my dad is a gigantic Patriots fan so I wanted them to win for him.

People are still on the Super Bowl hangover, in the long run the 2008 Super Bowl will be better remembered just because of what it meant. This years is still probably top 10 but last years was better.

Best Super Bowl I've ever seen though is still Panthers/Patriots.

lol

All I remember from that game is that I watched the game in a bar with 3 friends. 2 cheered for the Pats and 2 for the Panthers and the losers had to pay the Jägermeister shooters ! :lol:

Well the FIRST Super Bowl I remember watching was in '97 when I was 9 and the Packers played the Patriots. Only thing I can remember from the game though was Howard's return for a TD and then he got the MVP which didn't make sense to me. I remember being ticked Favre didn't get it. It didn't really matter to me who won for this one though, I was still a Steelers fan at this point so I didn't have to hate the Patriots.

But that was the first time I sat down and watched the entire Super Bowl, I've seen every one since then. Steelers/Seahawks was probably one of the worst football games I've ever watched.

Doesn't make my top 3 and Ive only watched since Titans/Rams...

Id go

1. Steelers/Cards

2. Titans/Rams

3. Pats/Giants

Guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/chi-0...,6407665.column

If there's anything I remember from last year's superbowl its the 4th quarter. I recall the game being really quite dull until the 4th quarter came around, and then both teams knid of exploded with the action.

Everyone looks back on the game so positively because they remember the 4th quarter being so great. However, the rest of the game, was a dud at best.

If there's anything I remember from last year's superbowl its the 4th quarter. I recall the game being really quite dull until the 4th quarter came around, and then both teams knid of exploded with the action.

Everyone looks back on the game so positively because they remember the 4th quarter being so great. However, the rest of the game, was a dud at best.

Thats the way I remember it too, similar to this year except this year you had the Harrison INT return which was one of the more exciting players in SB history, especially when you take into account that the half had expired.

Thats the way I remember it too, similar to this year except this year you had the Harrison INT return which was one of the more exciting players in SB history, especially when you take into account that the half had expired.

By the time he got to the endzone, I thought he was going to expire.

• 1 month later...

:puke: :puke: The Denver Broncos trade away their franchise QB :puke: :puke:

It's a good return of (2) 1sts, a 3rd and Kyle Orton ( :puke: ) but I mean seriously.

I am calling for McDaniels head on a platter.

PS. Jay Cutler jersey for sale...real cheap.

It's a good return of (2) 1sts, a 3rd and Kyle Orton ( :puke: ) but I mean seriously.

:o

Does this mean the Bears will be something? I used to love the Bears!

It was inevitable as soon as it came out they went after Cassell. Trying to replace a 26 year old QB who just had a Pro-Bowl season is a huge slap in the face and this is one of the few times I sided with a player demanding a trade.

McDaniels could be the first NFL coach whose legacy was established before he even coached a game.