The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

Jets move up to #65 just like you wanted Mike but they didn't pick Murphy. Shonn Greene, RB from Iowa.

Jets move up to #65 just like you wanted Mike but they didn't pick Murphy. Shonn Greene, RB from Iowa.

Yeah, I saw that. Middle of the 4th round now and Murphy is still on the board, I can't believe it. We need to trade back into the 4th round or something and grab him. FO is apparently really high on Stuckey and Clowney though.

Damn damn damn damn, the Raiders just took Murphy.

We've only got one more pick, in the 6th round. We used a 4th and a 7th to improve our 3rd round pick, so we've still got a few holes with only one pick left. Eh.

Green is a power runner though, just trade TJ for more picks!

Well the Pats traded Ellis Hobbs to the Eagles for two 5ths... which they then parlayed into the 4th to get Ohrnberger and a 6th this year. Though from the way Rex Ryan was talking earlier today, I don't think Jones going anywhere. Guess we'll see.

So far I think the Pats have had a solid draft.

Patrick Chung -SS

Ron Brace -DT

Darius Butler -CB

Sebastian Vollmer -OL

Brandon Tate -WR

Tyrone McKenzie -OLB

Rich Ohrnberger -OG

As well as gain the Jags and Titans seconds next year which should be a much deeper draft.

Jets added some much needed O-Line depth in the 6th round with Nebraska guard Matt Slauson. Slauson was originally recruited to Nebraska by our o-line coach Bill Callahan so I'm sure he played a role in there. Happy with the pick, there was really no receivers or TE's to take over Slauson.

Jets are now reportedly in talks with Plaxico. He's a better talent then any of the receivers in the draft and at the right price, I'd be happy to see him on the team. Even if he does jail time.

I'm insanely excited about the Vikings first two picks. Harvin will give us a "pick your poison" offense. Load up on Peterson and we can burn you with Harvin and Berrian. Just gotta hope Rosenfels can get them the ball.

I really love what we did in the second round though. Ryan Cook was our worst starter last year at RT and we picked up Phil Loadholt, a massive mauling RT from Oklahoma. It's always great to get a sure-fire starter in the 2nd round IMO, and some mock drafts even had us taking Loadholt in the 1st round at #22.

Broncos had arguably the worst front 7 D last year. Guess how many front 7 guys we drafted....

We picked heavy DB and Offense

This makes no sense whatsoever.

I feel like filling out the paperwork to trade teams.

:(

Edited by goalerexpert86

Crying in the closet.

Yeah, you got sympathies from me and Stealth right away. McD doesn't seem to know what he's doing. Moreno is gonna be a good football player but Orakpo was still on the board and would've been a better fit.

Moreno still would've been there at #19 anyway.

That was a crazy 1st round anyway since the top talent wasn't as clear cut as in years past. I picked a bad draft to start doing mock drafts, lol. I couldn't believe how far Maualuga fell.

Jets traded up too many times and depleted our picks but we sure knocked it home with each one we did have. I can't wait to watch Sanchez next season.

Do you think Sanchez will be your starter next year?

Rex is saying it'll be an open competition but I think Sanchez will be in there on opening day. We need to get him another receiver to throw to though.

He's in a good situation though because the offense won't have to revolve around him right away. We've got a really good O-Line, a nice running game and what should be a fantastic defense. Sanchez doesn't have to throw 30 TDs right away, he'll some time to develop.

• 2 months later...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/foot...k.ap/index.html

TO claims that Vick should be allowed to play right now. I love TO but don't always agree with him. But this time, totally agree with him.

"I think he's done the time for what he's done. I don't think it's really fair for him to be suspended four more games," Owens said, referring to reports that the NFL is considering to further punish Vick. "It's almost like kicking a dead horse in the ground. ... The guy's already suffered so much. And to add a four-game suspension on a two-year prison sentence, that's ridiculous."

• 3 weeks later...
"I think he's done the time for what he's done. I don't think it's really fair for him to be suspended four more games," Owens said, referring to reports that the NFL is considering to further punish Vick. "It's almost like kicking a dead dog in the ground. ... The guy's already suffered so much. And to add a four-game suspension on a two-year prison sentence, that's ridiculous."

fixed

Vick will miss a total of 38 NFL paychecks and spent 18 months in prison for killing dogs. Stallworth will miss a measly 16 games and 24 days in jail for killing a human being. What does that tell you about the value society places on human life?

Oh my god, I'm so tired of hearing the two things compared. Yeah Stallworth got off with nothing, who cares, you can't do anything about it!

(thats not at you directly Fanpuck, just in general. I'm a crazy hippie who thinks all life is equal though so what do I know.)

Oh my god, I'm so tired of hearing the two things compared. Yeah Stallworth got off with nothing, who cares, you can't do anything about it!

(thats not at you directly Fanpuck, just in general. I'm a crazy hippie who thinks all life is equal though so what do I know.)

So, you're a vegan?

Yeah.

I haven't joined PETA though and I won't. Ridiculous extremists who go about things in all the wrong ways.

Cool. Just wanted to see if you put your money where your mouth is. (Yeah, that's a bit of a strong statement, it's not like you bragging or bad mouthing anything. I just couldn't think of any other way to put it.) I have nothing wrong with it, I just can't understand it. I figure we're omnivores for a reason.

Vick will miss a total of 38 NFL paychecks and spent 18 months in prison for killing dogs. Stallworth will miss a measly 16 games and 24 days in jail for killing a human being. What does that tell you about the value society places on human life?

To be fair, there is no guarantee that Stallworth will be re-instated after serving his one year suspension.

But back to the actual games, Vikes first preseason game tonight, looking forward to seeing Percy "Purple Haze" Harvin in action. By all accounts he has really stood out in camp and the Vikes are going to use his playmaking ability in a bunch of different ways this season.

Our humanity is measured by how we treat animals.

Our humanity is measured by how we treat animals.

And therein lies one of many reasons I have so little faith in the fate of the human race. I have no faith in a society that will protest Michael Vick and not the likes of Donte Stallworth and Leonard Little. Stallworth's 30 day (24 served) sentence should be the penalty for a plain old DUI, not the punishment for killing someone. Little got 90 days, hardly a just penalty either.