The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

16 of them, one huge one against Baltimore last season.

He has an easy copout in that Cleveland has terrible QBs. We'll see how he does with Sanchez. First have to find out if he's facing a suspension though.

Man that'd be awesome if he ripped it up against the f*ckin' Dolphins on Monday Night in his first game though, bwahahaha.

Oh Jets, Jets, Jets. Los Dolphinos are going to put a hurtin' on the self-imploding Jets. Bold prediction: Sanchez to throw 3 INT's. Again. :D

Oh Jets, Jets, Jets. Los Dolphinos are going to put a hurtin' on the self-imploding Jets. Bold prediction: Sanchez to throw 3 INT's. Again. :D

Self-imploding? If our rookie QB doesn't act like a rookie, thats a tie game against probably the best team in the league now that they have a defence.

Our D against Chad Henne? Please, I could play QB and win the game.

Self-imploding? If our rookie QB doesn't act like a rookie, thats a tie game against probably the best team in the league now that they have a defence.

Our D against Chad Henne? Please, I could play QB and win the game.

I have no witty repartee right now. I will revisit this when my head is cleared. :lol:

And how the hell do you win a game when your QB only completes 2 passes for the whole game. Are the Bills just that inept?

And what sucks is that because they won the game, Mangini will stick with Anderson as the starter. I effing hate Mangini, worst coach ever. Too effing stupid to realize Quinn wasn't the problem, the whole team stinks.

Anyone else watch Manning tonight? That guy is in great form.

Sadly, yes.

And what sucks is that because they won the game, Mangini will stick with Anderson as the starter. I effing hate Mangini, worst coach ever. Too effing stupid to realize Quinn wasn't the problem, the whole team stinks.

For sure, I got sick of him real fast, especially over the course of last season. His playcalling bungled a couple games for us (I specifically remember one against the Seahawks) and he was too much of a chickenshit to pull Brett Favre even though it was clear he was hurt and his shoulder was costing us games. Thankfully they atleast got fined for that.

Yeah though, I hated Mangini so I can sympathize. Sexy Rexy is an awesome coach, it's great when you see Jon Gruden gush about your defense, haha.

Yeah, I honestly think he tried to set Quinn up to fail. He was under big time pressure to go with Quinn considering his draft status and popularity among fans. He saw the D they played the first few weeks of the season and knew they were sure losses. On top of that, he went with ultra conservative playcalling until he put DA in, constantly calling short pass plays and not letting BQ go down field. Then DA comes in and throws three picks and somehow gets named the starter, which only makes sense if he planned it all along. Then, lo and behold, they find a little success in DA's first start with a more open playbook. A shame his 2-17 showing won't change anything.

I think Mangini has some of the most conservative playcalling in the entire league, it was incredibly frustrating. This is until Favre came in and we threw the playbook out the window. Just kept calling bombs that would always get picked off because Favre kept underthrowing the receivers. Last season was a nightmare, I'm so glad he's gone.

Anyone else feel like there are three different leagues playing this year? NFL1 and NFL2.

Several teams are practically a disgrace to the sport and would have a tough time in the CFL. A few teams fall in the middle and have shown flashes but are too inconsistent to be a contender and then you have the upper-echelon of teams that seem fairly even, and dominate everyone below them.

I will try and rank them in tiers.

NFL1

Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Falcons, Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Broncos

NFL2

Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Panthers, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Chargers

NFL3

Redskins, Lions, Bucs, Rams, Bills, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs

Funny thing is I have 12 teams in the NFL1 division, but not all of those teams can make it as someone from the NFC West will need a playoff spot.

Anyone else feel like there are three different leagues playing this year? NFL1 and NFL2.

Several teams are practically a disgrace to the sport and would have a tough time in the CFL. A few teams fall in the middle and have shown flashes but are too inconsistent to be a contender and then you have the upper-echelon of teams that seem fairly even, and dominate everyone below them.

I will try and rank them in tiers.

NFL1

Giants, Eagles, Vikings, Saints, Falcons, Patriots, Jets, Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Colts, Broncos

NFL2

Cowboys, Packers, Bears, Panthers, 49ers, Cardinals, Seahawks, Dolphins, Jaguars, Titans, Texans, Chargers

NFL3

Redskins, Lions, Bucs, Rams, Bills, Browns, Raiders, Chiefs

Funny thing is I have 12 teams in the NFL1 division, but not all of those teams can make it as someone from the NFC West will need a playoff spot.

IMO, Bengals, Jets, and Giants should be down one level. (Giants because I hate them, not for any rational reason.) Bills should probably be up one level - their biggest problem is the injury list that's obnoxiously large. And I think the Raiders can probably have a spot all on their own three or four levels lower. While the other teams are bad, they are just impressively bad. I mean, they would only crush a CFL team rather than destroy one. ;)

Really? Tough time in the CFL? Really? ;)

IMO, Bengals, Jets, and Giants should be down one level. (Giants because I hate them, not for any rational reason.) Bills should probably be up one level - their biggest problem is the injury list that's obnoxiously large. And I think the Raiders can probably have a spot all on their own three or four levels lower. While the other teams are bad, they are just impressively bad. I mean, they would only crush a CFL team rather than destroy one. ;)

Really? Tough time in the CFL? Really? ;)

I would pay good money to see the Raiders face the Als right now. I seriously think the Als would have a chance. Russell is just that terrible.

Why not Cincy? Carson Palmer is back to being one of the best QBs in the league (I know he's only like 12th or something in yardage but he manages games extremely well. This week was a good example), Cedric Benson is finally realizing his potential (leads the league in rushing) and Chad Johnson (I'm not using that other name) is back to being a top 10 WR in the league. On the other side, they've got the NFL sacks leader. Only 3 teams in the AFC have allowed less points then the Cincy defense.

A healthy Bills team would still be just be medicore. They will always be mediocre until they can find a real QB and get rid of their inept coaching staff. Injuries are just making things worse, they'd still have problems.

I might knock the Titans down a level because aside from Johnson, they've looked awful. Otherwise, if we're talking about what we've seen so far this season, I think Quebecois is spot on. I'm still waiting for the Jets season to implode but I think we can get the win tonight (Cotch is a go. He'll be limited but he is suiting up). But so far they've been playing like a playoff team. No surprise they remind me of the 2008 Ravens because thats what Ryan was aiming for.

Wow, that was a good game. Game wouldn't of been close if we could've stopped that GD Wildcat. All the hype aside, Sanchez makes some weird looks sometimes and never really evaluates the rest of the field.

I'm still happy with the way the Jets played though. A limited Cotchery and an injured Clowney hurt the passing game. How about Braylon Edwards though? He made some ridiculous catches and is exactly what the Jets needed. If he can keep playing like that, we'll be just fine. The rest of the year is a pretty soft schedule, I think we can get 8 or 9 wins.

I can't believe there wasn't a single turnover the entire game.

Braylon should have had that pass on the questionable pass interference call. Right through his hands.

lol, he has the best debut a Jets fan could've hoped for and you still manage to find the one thing to rip him for.

Having someone draped on you like that is gonna mess with your concentration anyway, I didn't think it was a big deal.

lol, he has the best debut a Jets fan could've hoped for and you still manage to find the one thing to rip him for.

Having someone draped on you like that is gonna mess with your concentration anyway, I didn't think it was a big deal.

Remember, I have a deep seeded dislike for the jackass. It's just gonna piss me off more if he suddenly plays well. All that'll do is convince me he's been trying to play his way out of Cleveland the last year and a half.

Plus, that was the only play I saw him involved in, I only watch the last little bit.