The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

Yeah, but problem is that no running back is better at running thab AP too...

I think Chris Johnson would have something to say about that. 2,000 yards (2,500 including receiving) speaks loudly. In fact, I'd have AP behind both Johnson and Ray Rice this year and tied for 3rd with MJD.

Edited by Fanpuck33

I think Chris Johnson would have something to say about that. 2,000 yards (2,500 including receiving) speaks loudly. In fact, I'd have AP behind both Johnson and Ray Rice this year and tied for 3rd with MJD.

Not talking about stats here, but how he looks running a ball. Man, I think I've only seen Barry Sanders looking better than him carrying a ball. It is like watching Ovechkin shooting a 85 m/h wrist shot through the legs of a dman.

Peterson's fumbling has reached its boiling point for me, but I also have to believe that this will officially put an end to it. It has never cost the team like it has over these past few weeks (Bears game and Saints game). He'll put a stop to it over the offseason, he has to.

As far as his running goes, the O-line sucked all around this season. Hutch played hurt, McKinnie is overrated, Loadholt looked ok for a rookie. His ineffectiveness was compounded when he started to get over anxious and not wait for his blocks to develop (which they seldom did to be fair to him). I think he'll have a big bounceback season, I just hope Favre returns or we will struggle to make the playoffs on his back alone.

And can NFL OT please be changed? I felt this way before and I feel even more strongly about it now (obviously).

I'm a big fan of that idea myself - to see a professional football game decided essentially by a coin toss (if whoever wins takes the ball and scores first possession) just doesn't seem right. The CFL system (I think they got it from the NCAA to be honest) makes more sense to me; both teams that way get a shot.

I'm a big fan of that idea myself - to see a professional football game decided essentially by a coin toss (if whoever wins takes the ball and scores first possession) just doesn't seem right. The CFL system (I think they got it from the NCAA to be honest) makes more sense to me; both teams that way get a shot.

If it has to be decided by "who takes possession first", then let's pull a XFL faceoffs !!!!

If it has to be decided by "who takes possession first", then let's pull a XFL faceoffs !!!!

Bahaha, I remember those. Didn't someone get injured on the very first one?

Didn't Favre sign a two year deal? You have to figure he'll be back, he had arguably his best season ever and turned Sidney Rice into a star.

I'd be a fan of any change, but I'd like to see the format switch to "first to six points". I feel that if a team scores a TD immediately after winning the coin flip, then they deserve to win.

But again, mini-games would be good, playing the full 15 minutes would be good, anything except the current system.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick up to date stuff on the off-season, if any cares to discuss off-season football. No idea if I'll do a mock draft again this year since it was such an annoyance to keep it up to date and I wasn't very close anyway.

-Bears add Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor

-Ladanian Tomlinson, Brian Westbrook and Thomas Jones all released.

-Miami makes Karlos Dansby the highest paid ILB in the game

-Giants make Antrel Rolle the highest paid safety in the game

-Ravens trade for Anquan Boldin

-Jets trade for Antonio Cromartie

-Brandon Marshall paid a visit to Seattle

-NFL looking at a rule change for OT in the playoffs. The first team to score a TD would automatically win the game.

Quick up to date stuff on the off-season, if any cares to discuss off-season football. No idea if I'll do a mock draft again this year since it was such an annoyance to keep it up to date and I wasn't very close anyway.

-Bears add Julius Peppers and Chester Taylor

-Ladanian Tomlinson, Brian Westbrook and Thomas Jones all released.

-Miami makes Karlos Dansby the highest paid ILB in the game

-Giants make Antrel Rolle the highest paid safety in the game

-Ravens trade for Anquan Boldin

-Jets trade for Antonio Cromartie

-Brandon Marshall paid a visit to Seattle

-NFL looking at a rule change for OT in the playoffs. The first team to score a TD would automatically win the game.

It's been a pretty exciting offseason so far. As for Denver Broncos news Brandon Marshall being signed to an offer sheet by Seattle isn't that great even if the pick is #6. We had two first this year and we traded one away for a second last year because we couldn't afford to pay 4 1st round picks in two years. If the Broncos could land #6 and then trade back #11 to the last 10 picks of the first and a 3rd rounder that would be awesome.

We could pick up...

#6-Dez Bryant

#20-30-Mike Iupati

2nd-Vladimir Ducasse

If Marshall is moved out that is my ideal situation.

One other notable player being released was Delhomme in Carolina. I imagine they'll be on the market for a QB now. Not that this wasn't a surprise or anything...It'll be interesting to see who goes crazy spending with the uncapped year (at least I think this is the uncapped year).

It's been a pretty exciting offseason so far. As for Denver Broncos news Brandon Marshall being signed to an offer sheet by Seattle isn't that great even if the pick is #6. We had two first this year and we traded one away for a second last year because we couldn't afford to pay 4 1st round picks in two years. If the Broncos could land #6 and then trade back #11 to the last 10 picks of the first and a 3rd rounder that would be awesome.

We could pick up...

#6-Dez Bryant

#20-30-Mike Iupati

2nd-Vladimir Ducasse

If Marshall is moved out that is my ideal situation.

I would kill for the Jets to pick up Dez Bryant but our playoff run took him waaaaay out of our position. We have more pressing needs anyway. Another pass rusher at OLB would be nice (Gholston is officially a colossal bust), some more depth at CB and RB too. A return by T.J isn't being ruled out yet. Although Leon might be out soon because he has an agent more annoying then Drew Rosenhaus (who coincidentally represents T.J).

I'm still iffy on the Cromartie deal. If he can return to form, AFC East QBs are shitting their pants. If not, well, it's just Lito Sheppard all over again. Too bad we couldn't work out a deal for Asomugha.

One other notable player being released was Delhomme in Carolina. I imagine they'll be on the market for a QB now. Not that this wasn't a surprise or anything...It'll be interesting to see who goes crazy spending with the uncapped year (at least I think this is the uncapped year).

Yep, uncapped year. Too bad the Jets can't take advantage of it because of the top 8 rule or whatever it is. We can't sign anyone till someone signs one of our guys. And the player we sign can't make more then the player that left. Peppers could've fit in well with us too, I've been a big fan of him.

Ok im not a major follower, but is it already sure what the Cardinals will do about the QB situation?

Seems as though they're prepared to go wtih Matt Leinert. I wouldn't be shocked if they sign someone like Dante Culpepper just in case, either that or draft someone in the late rounds.

LT leaves Minny without a deal. Next visit will be with the Jets. We could definitely use him with T.J signing with the Chiefs. Surprised the Pats have made no inquiries on these guys.

Apparently he had a good meeting with the Vikes though so I'm not ruling it out yet.