The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

• 2 weeks later...

McNabb dealt to the 'Skins for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd/4th. Is it just me, or are the Eagles planning to go with Vick/Kolb and actually expect to do something this year? (Or is another QB on the way...)

McNabb dealt to the 'Skins for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd/4th. Is it just me, or are the Eagles planning to go with Vick/Kolb and actually expect to do something this year? (Or is another QB on the way...)

I think they are sticking with those 2. I think Kolb will be a good starter in this league. Doesn't have McNabbs arm strength but he is a good QB. And with the playmakers around him on offense I'd expect good numbers.

Why wouldn't they? The team loves Kolb.

Kolb was named the starter a couple weeks ago, they're sticking with him. He should develop into a good QB in this league anyway, the Eagles will be fine. I just think McNabb was worth a bit more.

Kolb was named the starter a couple weeks ago, they're sticking with him. He should develop into a good QB in this league anyway, the Eagles will be fine. I just think McNabb was worth a bit more.

I hope McNabb has success in Washington. I've never really been a fan of his, but I think he's taken a ridiculous amount of crap from the Philly fanbase. He's the best QB the organization has ever had and people talked shit about him year after year. I hope he destroys the Eagles. At the same time, I think the Eagles will be fine with Kolb.

I know, Philly fans hated him right from draft day. He's turned out to be a better pick then Ricky Williams in every way imaginable but the Eagles fans always found a way to be down on him. I've actually always been a big McNabb fan. Had his jersey in grade 11, I pretty much wore it all the time even though I'm a Jets fan.

I've got one of those big posters of him in my room though, the ones that you stick to the wall. Now that he's with a different team, I think I might take it down. It looks kind of weird when the walls are painted like a giant Avs jersey.

I hope McNabb has success in Washington. I've never really been a fan of his, but I think he's taken a ridiculous amount of crap from the Philly fanbase. He's the best QB the organization has ever had and people talked shit about him year after year. I hope he destroys the Eagles. At the same time, I think the Eagles will be fine with Kolb.

I didn't follow Kolb all that much, but from what I remember, I wasn't all that impressed (though the fact I had McNabb in the pool may have had something to do with that). I thought McNabb had better trade value but an $11M+ contract sort of negates that.

I didn't follow Kolb all that much, but from what I remember, I wasn't all that impressed (though the fact I had McNabb in the pool may have had something to do with that). I thought McNabb had better trade value but an $11M+ contract sort of negates that.

One rumour going around is that Philly was offered Albert Haynesworth and didn't take it. I'm not 100% but I think Philly runs a 4-3 D which is where Haynesworth dominates.

One rumour going around is that Philly was offered Albert Haynesworth and didn't take it. I'm not 100% but I think Philly runs a 4-3 D which is where Haynesworth dominates.

Didn't Haynesworth sign that ridiculous contract (7 years, $100 mil or something like that)? That in itself is reason to stay away; I assume Philly preferred the picks to save some money (yes, I'm aware it's an uncapped season too...). :)

Didn't Haynesworth sign that ridiculous contract (7 years, $100 mil or something like that)? That in itself is reason to stay away; I assume Philly preferred the picks to save some money (yes, I'm aware it's an uncapped season too...). :)

Yeah... signed that deal with the Redskins then they switched to the 3-4 system. Haynesworth can't play NT. He could play 3-4 DE but he is the ideal penetrating 4-3 DT.

Holy shit.

Holy shit holy shit holy shit.

(First I've seen of this)

I....wow. Something has to be up but still, that seems like it's worth the risk anyway.

EDIT: Ok, so apparently Holmes will be suspended for the first four games of the season. For a 5th round pick, that is not a big deal to me at all. Awesome trade.

Edited by jetsniper

on a talent level this is a great trade for the Jets. Holmes is a pro bowl calibre WR and to have him for a 5th is a steal. He'll be a UFA after this season so this is really just a tryout for him.

On another level though you have to wonder if the Jets disregard for character issues among players may come back to hurt them. How many "bad attitude" guys can a team handle before getting over run. That's not to say this will push them over the edge, but look at four of their major additions in the last year:

Cromartie - major attitude issues, multiple children with multiple partners, failure to pay child support

Tomlinson - attitude problem, many accuse him of having a me-first attitude and not being a team player

Edwards - attitude problem, charged with assault outside of cleveland nightclub

Holmes - attitude problem, locker room issues in Pittsburgh, now being suspended four games for substance abuse.

on a talent level this is a great trade for the Jets. Holmes is a pro bowl calibre WR and to have him for a 5th is a steal. He'll be a UFA after this season so this is really just a tryout for him.

On another level though you have to wonder if the Jets disregard for character issues among players may come back to hurt them. How many "bad attitude" guys can a team handle before getting over run. That's not to say this will push them over the edge, but look at four of their major additions in the last year:

Cromartie - major attitude issues, multiple children with multiple partners, failure to pay child support

Tomlinson - attitude problem, many accuse him of having a me-first attitude and not being a team player

Edwards - attitude problem, charged with assault outside of cleveland nightclub

Holmes - attitude problem, locker room issues in Pittsburgh, now being suspended four games for substance abuse.

Looks similar to the Bengals of the 90's. At least the Jets should still win some games.

Looks similar to the Bengals of the 90's. At least the Jets should still win some games.

Carl Pickens was the only real problem on the Bengals back in the 90's. Their troubles began with the Marvin Lewis era and his propensity towards giving guys 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. chances when they don't deserve it.

So apparently Brandon Marshall has also found a home in the AFC East with the Phins. Broncos get a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

Is Pennington still with them? Or are they full on with Chad Henne now?

So apparently Brandon Marshall has also found a home in the AFC East with the Phins. Broncos get a 2nd this year and a 2nd next year.

They did resign Pennington, but it will be to backup Henne.

They did resign Pennington, but it will be to backup Henne.

In fact I remember reading that Pennington will be the 3rd stringer with either Pat White or Tyler Thigpen serving as the #2 next year. His role will really be as player/coach to mentor Henne from the sidelines.

Ok, I couldn't remember if Pennington stayed or not. Marshall should be a good fit there, it's been a while since they had a real elite receiver. Atleast going off the top of my head anyway. I just saw that video again of the Dolphins fans reaction to them drafting Ted Ginn. Thats always good for a laugh.

I'm really hoping Rex Ryan gets over his mancrush on Jason Taylor. If he ever puts on a Jets jersey....ugh. It's vindictively satisfying to see him suck up to Jets fans though since we're apparently the only team interested.

I'm happy with the compensation but it really sucks to lose a player of his calibre. If he could keep his nose clean he could be the best WR in the game.

When I saw Marshall dealt to the Dolphins, I thought they'd be in better shape having a solid 1-2 with him and Ginn to work with a young QB. Forget that idea, Ginn's been dealt to San Francisco for "a late round pick" (ESPN saying a 5th apparently). No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to figure out what some teams are doing this offseason...good pickup for the Niners though. Him and Crabtree makes for a good young 1-2 punch. Can they get a legit QB to throw to them though?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Miami-D...co-49ers-041610