The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

I think the Niners will be okay with Alex Smith. He pretty much made Vernon Davis a Pro-Bowlers last year.

I dunno about that, Davis was well on his way to busting out under Shaun Hill IMO. Smith certainly helped, but Davis always had the talent and Singletary has finally gotten him to mature.

I dunno about that, Davis was well on his way to busting out under Shaun Hill IMO. Smith certainly helped, but Davis always had the talent and Singletary has finally gotten him to mature.

I don't know, he really clicked with Alex. I was carrying on my fantasy team as my backup tight end and I didn't even think about starting him until after their bye week. I lucked out that my other TE's bye week was the same week as Davis and Smith's breakout 3 TD game.

I don't know, he really clicked with Alex. I was carrying on my fantasy team as my backup tight end and I didn't even think about starting him until after their bye week. I lucked out that my other TE's bye week was the same week as Davis and Smith's breakout 3 TD game.

I always seem to take him as a TE (though not this year, I had Hill as a backup QB instead :puke:), maybe the 1-2 punch opens things up for him more.

He was certainly better, just the way you put it I thought you were implying that Smith took a scrub like Davis and made him a star, but in retrospect that is likely not what you were saying.

Haha, CTV aired a segment about his new interest in curling during the olympics, great stuff.

Edited by Quebecois

He was certainly better, just the way you put it I thought you were implying that Smith took a scrub like Davis and made him a star, but in retrospect that is likely not what you were saying.

Yeah, I didn't mean to say it was all Smith, though that is how it sounded. Just that the two really clicked and Davis found another level with Smith delivering the ball.

I usually like to watch the first round of the draft, but I'm not gonna watch it in prime time. Boneheaded move by the league in my opinion. They got so many viewers on Saturdays because people had nothing else to watch on a Saturday afternoon.

Oh man Im so excited about the draft today. Love the move to primetime, I think its really going to increase interest in the 2nd and 3rd round. Most people in the past would only watch the 1st round and then catch the highlights later. Having the 2nd/3rd on a Friday evening should boost the viewership big time!

GO BILLS!

Oh man Im so excited about the draft today. Love the move to primetime, I think its really going to increase interest in the 2nd and 3rd round. Most people in the past would only watch the 1st round and then catch the highlights later. Having the 2nd/3rd on a Friday evening should boost the viewership big time!

GO BILLS!

Who do you hope/think the Bills will select in the 1st?

I have a feeling they will reach for Dan Williams.

Who do you hope/think the Bills will select in the 1st?

I have a feeling they will reach for Dan Williams.

I have a feeling it'll be Dan Williams as well, which I'd be ok with. We desperately need a long-term NT, and I dont think Kyle Williams can handle the position regularly. Ideally we'd end up with one of the OT's (Okung, T. Williams, or bulaga).

What will be really interesting will be if Clausen is still there at #9, as well as Dan Williams and one of the OT's. I really think that Gailey is high on Tebow (he's the perfect QB for Gailey's offensive system) so I don't expect them to take Clausen.

I have a feeling it'll be Dan Williams as well, which I'd be ok with. We desperately need a long-term NT, and I dont think Kyle Williams can handle the position regularly. Ideally we'd end up with one of the OT's (Okung, T. Williams, or bulaga).

What will be really interesting will be if Clausen is still there at #9, as well as Dan Williams and one of the OT's. I really think that Gailey is high on Tebow (he's the perfect QB for Gailey's offensive system) so I don't expect them to take Clausen.

Our teams are in similar situations. We are new to the 3-4 and could really use a young NT like Williams. And our QB situation isn't 100% solid with Orton and Quinn. And it seems McDaniels loves Tebow as well. Only difference is we don't need a OT at all. Here is what I think will happen for the Broncos.

What I think will happen

11. Dez Bryant

43. Tim Tebow

45. Brian Price

What I want to happen

11. Rolondo McClain

43. Golden Tate

45. Vladimir Ducasse

I usually like to watch the first round of the draft, but I'm not gonna watch it in prime time. Boneheaded move by the league in my opinion. They got so many viewers on Saturdays because people had nothing else to watch on a Saturday afternoon.

Yep, I hate it too. Even last year I didn't like how it started later in the afternoon, I prefer late morning/early afternoon. Perfect time to start a draft.

Tonight not only are there actual shows to watch, theres also Game 5 in San Jose. Friday night is even lamer. I really hope there isn't anyone in the world that has the draft as an improvement on their usual Friday night plans. I won't be watching anything until Saturday.

As for the draft itself, I really want the Jets to nab Odrick but it seems like he'll be gone before he gets to us. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tanny deal down for a couple 2nds if there isn't a good pass rusher available at 29. I'm curious as to how signing Jason Taylor (blech) is going to effect their draft strategy, we still need to get some youth on our D-Line.

As a Gators fan as well, I'm really curious as to where Tebow will end up. I've heard many, many places are high on him but the most likely spot is apparently the Patriots.

Tonight not only are there actual shows to watch, theres also Game 5 in San Jose. Friday night is even lamer. I really hope there isn't anyone in the world that has the draft as an improvement on their usual Friday night plans. I won't be watching anything until Saturday.

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. Starting the draft at noon on Saturday meant the 1st round was the only thing on television worth watching. On a Thursday night, there's tons of competition - NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, four networks with new episodes of primetime shows, and probably some cable prime time shows. Why would you intentionally put yourself up against competition? Are advertisers really gonna pay more for something that fewer people will likely watch?

Yeah, it really doesn't make sense. Starting the draft at noon on Saturday meant the 1st round was the only thing on television worth watching. On a Thursday night, there's tons of competition - NHL playoffs, NBA playoffs, four networks with new episodes of primetime shows, and probably some cable prime time shows. Why would you intentionally put yourself up against competition? Are advertisers really gonna pay more for something that fewer people will likely watch?

The answer is no. Just like a saturday afternoon Habs game. :P

Well, did anyone see a running back for Buffalo coming? Do they not still have Lynch/Jackson? I know nothing about any of these guys but that pick has me scratching my head.

Broncos moving back and are apparently set to take Tebow at 24...

Lynch apparently wants out and I don't see Jackson as a guy that can carry the load by himself. Maybe they have more pressing needs but Spiller is a good pick. His stock got really hot really fast over the last couple days.

Lynch apparently wants out and I don't see Jackson as a guy that can carry the load by himself. Maybe they have more pressing needs but Spiller is a good pick. His stock got really hot really fast over the last couple days.

I agree (and heard he's a solid pick) but if I were to rank the Bills' needs, RB wouldn't have been my focus. Didn't know Lynch wants out either.

I love where Tebow ended up, he needed a good offensive minded guy.

F*cking Dolphins stole Odrick the pick before the Jets, we end up with Kyle Wilson. Not that happy with the pick. I would've preferred Sergio Kindle or Carlos Dunlap, not a cornerback.

Ugh, the Broncos do end up taking Tebow. Quinn just can't catch a break. He'll have to beat out Orton this year to have any hope.

I'm pretty happy with how things worked out. We started out with 1st, 2nd, 2nd, 3rd and 4th and ended up with Thomas, Tebow, 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

I think this years depth chart will look like this

QB1-Orton

QB2-Quinn

QB3/FB/TE-Tebow

Then next year after Orton becomes a UFA.

QB1-Quinn

QB2/Wildcat/TE/FB-Tebow

Alright so who makes the move to the top of the 2nd for Clausen?