The Official NFL Thread

jetsniper

• 2 weeks later...

I think it'll be Reiff in the 1st, an OLB in the 2nd (lavonte david or zach brown perhaps) and then a WR in rd 3. This draft is very deep on wide receivers.

I wouldn't count out all the d lineman I listed. I still believe guys like Alex Carrington and Torrell Troup can contribute, keep in mind they've both only played 2 seasons and came out of smaller school programs.

Oh I think Troupp and Carrington should make the team, but there spots are not secure and with 17 dline guys under contract the fights for backup jobs will be intense.

As for the draft, the more I think about it the more I feel they almost have to go LT on draft day, but I just think Buddy Nix is very committed to Best Player Available, see CJ spiller who was not a need with jackson and lynch on the club.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Saints have named their interim head coach with Payton out for the year - they named their lead assistant...who is only suspended for 6 games. It will be a coach-by-committee until his suspension is up. Interesting strategy I must admit but with the player suspensions still to come, I have to think they're in for a rough year regardless.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't forget Brandon Jacobs. Thats an insane backfield. Not a fan of AJ Jenkins though.

Yah Jenkins seemed like a mega-reach in the 1st round, many people had him rated as a 3rd round prospect.

Was thrilled with the Bills draft. They basically went through and crossed off every one of their needs.

Upgrade at CB - check

Competition at LT - check

Deep threat WR - check

Depth at LB - check

Depth at OT - check

I'm becoming a bigger and bigger Buddy Nix fan with each passing day.

I really, really liked the Bills draft too.

The only spot that seems a question mark to me is the WR one. I dont know much about T.J. Graham but the analysts on the NFL network were not impressed, and called him a reach.

I hope not, but thats the one that scares me now.

But again I don't know shit about most of these guys.

I really, really liked the Bills draft too.

The only spot that seems a question mark to me is the WR one. I dont know much about T.J. Graham but the analysts on the NFL network were not impressed, and called him a reach.

I hope not, but thats the one that scares me now.

But again I don't know shit about most of these guys.

Yah I follow the draft pretty well and I also hadn't hear much about TJ Graham. I'm always skeptical when the so-called "draft experts" call somebody a reach, or a steal. All they really mean is that they had that player rated lower. But just as teams differ in their evaluations of players, so too do draft experts.

The Bills clearly needed to upgrade WR, but it was more than that. they have plenty of possession receiver (Johnson, Jones, Nelson, Hagan, Ruvell, Roosevelt, etc.) but nobody (other than Easley, who hasn't proven he can stay healthy) that can beat a team deep. I think Nix and Gailey really invision what this team would look like if they had a true deep threat.

The reality is that while there were a bunch of other WRs on the board when the Bills took Graham, they were all slower guys (players who ran the 40 in 4.5-4.6) and Graham ran it in 4.3. Also keep in mind, Graham has only been playing WR for a short time, he's incredibly raw, but you can't teach speed.

His ceiling would be something of a Mike Wallace type receiver, but the risk with a raw draft choice is that he can easily turn into a bust.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gotta bring back the real refs ASAP. The call made on tonight's final play is one of the worst I've ever seen.

I could see the refs getting it wrong on the live play, jump balls where both players have their hands on the ball aren't the easiest to call. But to miss that on the replay? That's rough.

I could see the refs getting it wrong on the live play, jump balls where both players have their hands on the ball aren't the easiest to call. But to miss that on the replay? That's rough.

I have a REAL hard time to see them miss 1. the interception AND 2. the off pass interference call on the same play. Rough you said ?

• 3 months later...

9 yards short but the Vikes make the playoffs.

I was torn - on one hand, it would've been nice to see. On the other, going against him in a league for the title made me want him to struggle. I settled at the end for getting the record and then immediately fumbling as my preference, that didn't go well.

Cincy vs Houston is the first playoff matchup. Early in the 3rd, the Texans lead 9-7...and Andy Dalton (the Bengals' QB) has all of 3, count 'em, 3, passing yards. Half of his completions (2/4) have gone for negative yards (-3 and -6). Wow.

What an ending in the Baltimore-Denver game. The Ravens tied it late on a last minute long bomb (with awful coverage in the secondary), OT goes back and forth and winds up going to double OT where Baltimore pulls up the upset, 38-35.

• 3 weeks later...

Way to go Randy Moss for taking the pressure and media attention off Kaepernick...

Proclaiming himself the best WR of all time while wearing the 49ers jersey !!!! hahahaha

Way to go Randy Moss for taking the pressure and media attention off Kaepernick...

Proclaiming himself the best WR of all time while wearing the 49ers jersey !!!! hahahaha

The sad thing is, I think he legitimately believes it... That said, it did deflect the attention which can't hurt.

The sad thing is, I think he legitimately believes it... That said, it did deflect the attention which can't hurt.

I think in terms of pure talent and ability, there's little doubt that Randy Moss is the best of all time. It pains me to say that because I can't stand him. Of course, people other than Moss realize that talent and ability do not necessarily make one the best. His work ethic, attitude, and moping prevented him from being consistently great. When he felt like playing, he was amazing. As we all know, however, that was certainly not the case. Just imagine if he had been a true professional and not a total ass...