Rookie Tournaments

Fanpuck33

I only know about the one in Traverse City, but there are only 8 teams in it. Are there any others?

It would be nice if anyone is watching to get reports on some of the young guns.

I just read that Filatov is already injured. I'm not surprised, his body is nowhere near being NHL ready. Right now he still looks like a male Amanda Bynes.

Anyone know why Montreal isn't in one this year?

They were not in the rookie tournament last year either. At the time Gainey had mentioned they believed the players benefited more from working with the Canadien's coaches than playing in a rookie tournament. That is my recollection of the matter.

They were not in the rookie tournament last year either. At the time Gainey had mentioned they believed the players benefited more from working with the Canadien's coaches than playing in a rookie tournament. That is my recollection of the matter.

And other teams were dressing older more goonish players and some of the young skill guys were at more risk of injury.