Kovalev's goal vs. USA

TheAussiePosse

I believe that was Amonte he went around, as Chelios was late getting back into the zone. That was a beauty, though. I thought JR was going to pass out after watching that one! IN the understatement of that game..."You folks at home have no idea how hard that is to do." Hehehe.

Sweet Jesus...

Did anyone see that?

TSN might have it, ESPNMotion has it for sure.

Just beautiful to watch...

THAT'S why we want him on our team next year...

Wow! What is he, from another planet? That goal was amazing!

:clap:

Making a forward (Amonte) trying to play D look stupid isn't all that hard... people are making a little too much out of this.

Having the patience to wait out the goalie is also nice, but not "out of this world".

The shot itself was very nice, ok.

Nice goal yes, but I didn't exactly fall out of my chair.

wow, im glad theres already a post about this, otherwise i woulda called u all krazy, and started it myself :D...

That was a fantastic goal... i saw it last night while watching the game... (i was watching the game to see how Mr Kovalev does...)... and well... what a beautiful play. he made it look so natural and easy...

WE BETTER SIGN HIM!!!... That play, in my mind, probably gives his agent a little bit extra to bargain with... either way, i have to agree with Bonavistaman11 on that, if we don't sign him... much disapointment from my end.

Originally posted by Habs77

Making a forward (Amonte) trying to play D look stupid isn't all that hard... people are making a little too much out of this.

Having the patience to wait out the goalie is also nice, but not "out of this world".

The shot itself was very nice, ok.

Nice goal yes, but I didn't exactly fall out of my chair.

nice??????????

how many players can score a goal like that in a world class tournament like the World Cup, playing against the best of the best?....Not too many

as I said before, the goal was Simply ######ing Amazing...

If that goal never brought you out of your seat, and got you excited knowing that this guy could be on our team for a full season, Somethings gotta be wrong......

:ghg: Go:can:Go

WE BETTER SIGN HIM!!!... That play, in my mind, probably gives his agent a little bit extra to bargain with... either way, i have to agree with Bonavistaman11 on that, if we don't sign him... much disapointment from my end.

Well, I would sincerely hope that one single play doesn't improve any players bargaining power, regardless of the competition. I doubt in contract negotiations, that "well...did you see that play on Dec 4th against Carolina when I went end to end, then...etc, etc" would ever come out of anyone's mouth. Just as cool as Crosby's goal was, I doubt that will have any impact on contract. :guru:

lol, i agree with u huzer, but, i meant more on a level of, "He's still got skill left, and can make things happen on the ice... " kinda way...

Mostly, it jus shows that he is the Kovalev of old, who would put up some of the most points in the league, not the kovalev we have come to know as the guy who got paid wayyy to much for didly squat in New york.

I hope i make some sense :P... kinda in a rush posting...

Its not the one single goal thats gonna help Kovy in his contract negotiations, its the fact that his agent, and everyone trying to obtain his rights know that he can still do those things on a regular basis...And getting a flash of it in the World Cup knowing the habs could see a bunch of those highlight material goals in the next season, is what got me excited, and would be the reason why id be dissapointed if he went elsewhere.

If this was a no name player from Germany, who went up through everyone and scroed a highlight reel goal, then I'd agree with Huzers comments..

In Kovalev's case, i think its different...

:ghg:

[Edited on 2004/9/4 by Bonavistaman11]

Just saw the goal today (no live broadcasts here) and it was a nice one for sure! Confidence and poise, would be sweet to see Kovalev in a Habs uniform this year, hope it happens.