RDS Zone de Match

les_glorieux

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Checked and yeah seems I can get NHL.TV (Is it called "Center Ice"?). My Broons fan friend here says he got it last season and it was pretty good.

So who does the play-by-play and so on for the Habs games on NHL.TV? Is it the local production when the team's on the road? Am I sure to have all 82 Habs games? Thanks guys.

I had nhl.tv (aka center ice online) last season and it was great. They would never show the RDS feed, but if TSN, CBC, or Sportsnet were carrying an MTL home game, you'd get that. Otherwise you'd get the opponent's feed.

The only reason you wouldn't get a game is because of blackout and being outside US/Canada that is not an issue for you.

Hey Guys, I'm thinking about getting the package but I was just wondering if anyone knows if once you sign up you can use it on multiple computers or not? Obviously not at the same time, but say one night I want to watch the game on my laptop and another night I want to watch it on my desktop... is it just a matter of logging in on different PC's??

also, anyone have any serious issues with it? Or is it worth it for me to go ahead and get the deal? is the resolution good??

is it just a matter of logging in on different PC's??

Haven't had problems. Video quality is top notch.

You can access on multiple PC because it is login format. (username + pass)

You might want to consider it though because they also have Canadiens Express, which is a condensed version of the game that you can watch in one hour. I'll probably be watching that more often than the live games because I can't commit every time to watching 2.5 hours of TV!

Ok, so I bought the whole package, and I can sign in, but once I actually click on the "CH Express" link, nothing happens?? Shouldn't I be able to watch that even though the game's not airing live and is actually over now??

The screen just tells me when the next game is, and gives me the message "la partie achetee n'est pas encore disponible ou est terminee". Is it just too early after the game to expect the highlights to be up?

Ok, so I bought the whole package, and I can sign in, but once I actually click on the "CH Express" link, nothing happens?? Shouldn't I be able to watch that even though the game's not airing live and is actually over now??

The screen just tells me when the next game is, and gives me the message "la partie achetee n'est pas encore disponible ou est terminee". Is it just too early after the game to expect the highlights to be up?

I'm not sure, but I think you may need to wait until the regular season starts up before you can access the features at any time.

I'm not sure, but I think you may need to wait until the regular season starts up before you can access the features at any time.

I see. thanks for the clarification. I'll try to access during the next exhibition game just to make sure it's at least working during games...

I see. thanks for the clarification. I'll try to access during the next exhibition game just to make sure it's at least working during games...

It worked for the Buffalo game so im sure it will work for you.

It worked for the Buffalo game so im sure it will work for you.

Yep. That game and the Wild one are the only preseason games that were intended to be streamed.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, haven't watched Zone de Match yet, how is it??

I haven't been impressed at all. The Buffalo preseason game worked well (but I was at work), and the Minnesota preseason game didn't work at all. The Buffalo game was choppy for the first period and could only be viewed on low quality (I've got high speed), and the TO game showed 1 second clips every 10 seconds or so before completely crapping out in the 2nd. I will be complaining if the service doesn't improve.

Sounds like they got more customers than expected and their servers aren't up to the task.

I wonder if they'll bother upgrading or just take the money and run.

I wonder if they'll bother upgrading or just take the money and run.

They better not cause I'm gonna come hunting them down.

The quality has been garbage so far. Nothing like what it was during the playoffs last year.

I have high speed as well, but I only seem able to connect to the low crap quality. I also tried watching the Leafs game on CH Express and even that was a disaster... :contract:

They better not cause I'm gonna come hunting them down.

The quality has been garbage so far. Nothing like what it was during the playoffs last year.

I have high speed as well, but I only seem able to connect to the low crap quality. I also tried watching the Leafs game on CH Express and even that was a disaster... :contract:

Well it's reassuring that I'm not the only one with that problem. You go get 'em Helmethead! I'm right behind you.

I've had some issues with trying to go to full screen. I can watch fine in the "small" size, and then as soon as I go to full screen,the whole thing either goes black or freezes, can't remember which. Is that them or me?

but yeah, the quality is far from perfect. Still,I"m just happy to be seeing Habs games, period. I should demand more for my money...

i have to think it will get better. MLB.tv has consistently improved every year since it first came out and is now pretty great. I had nhl.tv last season and found that it improved over the course of the year. I am pretty ticked about them pre-empting HNIC on nhltv this year, and that might lead me to not subscribe this year, but I'll probably break down soon enough and get it.

i have to think it will get better. MLB.tv has consistently improved every year since it first came out and is now pretty great. I had nhl.tv last season and found that it improved over the course of the year. I am pretty ticked about them pre-empting HNIC on nhltv this year, and that might lead me to not subscribe this year, but I'll probably break down soon enough and get it.

The thing that worries me is that the quality last year was way better than what it's been so far.

They may be having problems with their "high speed" version, but that's still no excuse. They might have tried bettering the product and screwed it up in the process..

Whatever the case, FIX IT FAST!!!

Mine was actually quite good. It would get slightly blotchy when the camera was moving back and forth too quickly, but I expected minor glitches like that.

It only went choppy once in the third period, I refreshed and it was fine.

Looked pretty good hooked up to my TV.