News about Emelin

Habsfan

I'm not holding my breath on Fischer. I hope he makes it at some point, but I"m not waiting for him. There are other D prospects that I think will definitely be on the team long before him...

I think Fischer actually did pretty well as a freshman considering the circumstances; he didn't have an important role on a NCAA powerhouse, and the leap from High School to college hockey is steep. Him getting sick last summer did set im back, but he got increasingly better as the season went on.

This year will be a decisive one for David Fischer, and I expect him to become a strong leader at the blue line, both offensively and defensively. He's now filling up his frame, being at about 195lbs, and he needs to take his game to the next level.

Agreed. We will have to be patient with Fisher. My guess is that he's at least 2-3 years away from making the jump to the NHL!

if emelin comes in fisher could be use as a bait with all the kids getting full time positions with the team.

I think Fischer actually did pretty well as a freshman considering the circumstances; he didn't have an important role on a NCAA powerhouse, and the leap from High School to college hockey is steep. Him getting sick last summer did set im back, but he got increasingly better as the season went on.

This year will be a decisive one for David Fischer, and I expect him to become a strong leader at the blue line, both offensively and defensively. He's now filling up his frame, being at about 195lbs, and he needs to take his game to the next level.

He got sick??

I actually think the first time it didn't go away so he had to go on a second set of anti-biotics and was sick for a long time.

He looked much better last year. He was very good in his own, moving the puck and skating. College is obviously different but he is pretty physical.

I don't see him putting up big offensive numbers but can be a very solid 5 or 6 Dman.

I actually think the first time it didn't go away so he had to go on a second set of anti-biotics and was sick for a long time.

He looked much better last year. He was very good in his own, moving the puck and skating. College is obviously different but he is pretty physical.

I don't see him putting up big offensive numbers but can be a very solid 5 or 6 Dman.

I would expect maybe 25 points from him this season. A great season would be 30+, and would make him likely to sign a profesionnal contract.

Thanks for the info. That's stuff I didn't know so I was pretty disappointed in the way he was going... Now his slow progression seems a lot more justified...