Sergei Kostitsyn's Jersey Number

Psycing

I want to get a Serge jersey this season, but I remember a little while back hearing that he may change his number this season. Maybe it was JMMR? I'm just looking for some clarification here, or if anyone knows if he's going to change it up this year?

I really don't want to be walking around with a Serge jersey with the wrong number on it :P. Though, I really liked #74 and hope he doesn't swap it.

Yeah, he was wearing 47 (one more than 46) when he initially attended the rookie camp years back. However, Aaron Downey had the number at the time I figured Sergei decided to flip the (4 and 7) 47 into (7 and 4) 74 due to the fact that Downey had it. Chances are last year he didn't bother going back to the old number but now maybe he's considering it.

Or, is it going to be an entirely different number?

Sorry Macaskill, wish I knew more.

Edited by Athlétique.Canadien

They are both correct, but the he decided to go with the "North American Sergei" I would just stick with my real name, but hey, I guess I'm not the one trying to fit into a new culture.

Are they pronounced differently? If not, I can understand his picking the spelling that people here are more familiar with. At the end of the day, your goal is to have people say your name as close to its original pronounciation as possible. I've watched so many Arabic people who aren't super-strong in English yet spell their kids names the way they THINK they should be pronounced in English and have them pronounced differently... Eg. We have an Arabic name "Jenna" (Not that common, but totally exists)...

Well, my friend named her daughter Jenna but spelled it "Jana", not realizing this would result in a completley different pronounciation than the one she intended... If you're not super super fluent in the language, it can be tricky....