Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins, Halifax N.S Sept 22nd

johnnyhasbeen

lol yea i know but i still hate when they lose :P

And when i said makes me wonder, means Halak's shaky. Btw Henry is fighting :D and wins

Edited by Koivu11

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8-2 LOL

Julien must savour his 1st and only win of the 08-09 season :lol:

Hope that Hamrlik isn't seriously injured.

Ouch !! sounds like Bégin really took a spanking !!

Which goalie ######ed up?

Pretty meaningless game, but none the less a win would have been nice.

Can't wait to watch tomorrows game :)

How did begin take a spanking? who did he fight?

Which goalie ######ed up?

Pretty meaningless game, but none the less a win would have been nice.

Can't wait to watch tomorrows game :)

How did begin take a spanking? who did he fight?

furious fight with thornton.

Since its pre-season I dont care about the win or loose, but I do hope Harmlik will be ok for the start of the season!

Begin didn't get spanked, he held his own.

My game analysis.....

The #### Pleks line was slack most of the night.

MaxPac, Maxwell ,Tang, potential, but Tang was stripped by Bergeron while anchorring a PP in the 2nd, scary, Liked the young guys here, good AHL ers this year.

Lehoux, Glumac, Flinn, 1st 3 forward cuts, enough said, Flinn could be McPhee if the NHL hadn't changed. It has though and I think he is too slow.

Laps, Begin, Dandy, all grinded hard, got out muscled.

Gorges Hammer and O'Byrne were helpless with Valentenco( My 1st D-man cut, he stunk) Henry (big, fought ok, and not overly slow ) and Weber.

Halak was lazy on a few and Denis was ditched by TB for a reason.

Thankfully we should not see that lineup again.

It was what it was, a tryout, didn't see anyone step up and make the team.

why in the world would begin fight thornton

He was jumped, had no choice.

Bring on big Georges!

Tangs said their legs were shot by end of first period. Not a good sign even if it is the 1st game, hell the show starts in 2 and a half weeks.

Anyway, a couple questions:

Did Boston have mostly an NHL lineup? We had more of a half half, what about broons?

Were the goals nice that we scored or garbage?

And my main question, when do the Habs make first cut? I noticed the Broons cut 10 today.

Thanks for any answers,

MMPL

sounds like the Begin line is going for the big hit rather than the smart play

Isn't that the story of his career? Kind of a vicious circle really, he can't play smarter because of doesn't have the skills, so he has to act like a headless chicken on the ice.. which in turn leads to dumb plays and penalties...

Dandenault? Last year in the exhibition game in Halifax he was not playing well as a D in that game. He didn't challenge the attackers and he generally collapsed. He also managed to provide a screen for the B's against Yann Danis :angry:

Tonight, there was no real forechecking happening for our guys. The Habs played the boards defencively well but the B's poked the puck effectively. Our passing was cut us off (too pretty-summer is over guys).

Pacioretty looked solid and strong. Maxwell seemed to be on the opposite side of the puck.

It was cool to see Pacioretty, Weber and Pavel show their stuff. Val has a nice backhand pass and he's sneaky. It's true he made mistakes along the boards but pound for pound he was worth his mistakes. Maxpac is a hair from NHL ready. Weber got a lot of icetime tonight and was steady.

It's a bummer to drop this game 8-3 but this is the 3rd game in Halifax that I've been to. However, Boston plays mostly an B- squad in those 3 games and we play a 50/50 squad. We play a C squad every game in exhibition!

Trade Dandenault now. Lazy!!!

Isn't that the story of his career? Kind of a vicious circle really, he can't play smarter because of doesn't have the skills, so he has to act like a headless chicken on the ice.. which in turn leads to dumb plays and penalties...

Story of his career? Yes! I still love opening face-off. Other team wins it, defenseman goes behind the net and BOOM! Begin slams him into the glass. GAME ON !. He'll start the season but get bumped quick. Can't see him a regular by the end of the season. We'll see.

this is so wrong. you can't be a punk and kill PK like he does...

:wacko::blink:

He's doing exactly what the coaches asks from him. Every coach in the NHL dreams to have a Begin on his team. What the Hell is wrong with you?

When do the fans and media jump on this?

Kovalev

For Kovalev, the session was only the second or third time he has laced up his skates since the team was eliminated from last season's playoffs.

"It was a tough first day, like always," he said. "Some young guys have skated for a while now, but this is my probably second or third real practice, so it was tough. A couple more days and I will be fine."

Why would you say that to the Montreal media? So now if he doesn't do anything the first 5 games they'll hang him, or if he screws up his groin they'll have a hay day talking about how he didn't prep. Oh Boy here we go.

Edited by SAKS-AVENUE

Begin is a heart and soul kinda guy and is respected for that by his teamates and his fans.

He be a 3rd liner on most teams, and a solid 4th liner on some. But unfortunately for him, he is with the Habs ^_^

Anyway, after checking the recaps: lots of B's goals from long-range shots. Halak didnt look too sharp on about 3-4 of them.

Tanguay looked great in a Habs jersey though... For as long as I can remember (mid 80's) the Habs have always been the boring defensive-first type of teams. Now we're loaded with fancy, fast, offensive forwards. Exciting just to watch them go.

*lol* He isn't that bad as you make him here ... glad to have a guy like Bégin on the team!

A weak line up line up like last night shows a lot more than a strong line up to reveal

players potential and character.

That line up got outmusculed, outplayed and outshout.

For most player it's the learning process, the team has to play a lot more better defensively than that

to have success offensively.

I think Carbo and his crew will have to remind the players constantly that they will have success if they

dominate and domination starts with good defense overall. Much like last year but better not fancier.

And next time we face the Bruins dress all the big guys Laraque, Kosto, Komo, Henry, O'byrne

and show the Boo boo bears some intimidation.