Finland - Sweden

ch_nl

Good game. I think my heartbeat was doubble all game long.

Finlands first goal was pure luck, but that's hockey isn't it?

After tonight game I don't think Sweden has to fear the Czechs. Just bring em on.

Finland won the group and will face Germany. They'll make it anyday.

What's most interesting now is whom Finland will face after they've played Germany. Russia or Canada?

That was the dirtiest game I have ever watched!

Yes, it was exciting and fast but WOW the stick work was crazy.

I noticed you are from Sweden so no offence intended......the Swedes are the dirtiest team in the tournament.

Forseburg and sundin both need to have their heads beat in. Sundin threw so many savage crosschecks, I was screaming at the TV.

Finland looks good, really good. Perhaps a Canada, Finland final?

:can:

Maybe I have my blue and yellow glasses on.

But did you and I watch the same game? Hey, there wasn't even a penalty in the second period?

Dirty? I think that the game was well played, and that the final score showed that both teams are contenders.

Sweden the dirtiest team in the same tournament as USA and Canada. Will never happen. Ever.

I think the game was a grittier one than most of the other games in Europe, but to say that both teams are dirty is a little farfetched. There were some good battles today, and it was an entertaining, hard-fought game.

I think Finland got ripped off personally with the late penalty call, but it made things interesting in the end.

While I was watching the game today, CBC's colour guy mentioned that the general consensus is that Lundqvist should be starting, but Nilsson and the rest of the coaching staff are hesitant to do so, because of his lack of international experience. What I'm wondering is, are the papers and stuff in Sweden saying the same thing? I thought he wasn't too impressive in the WC's vs Canada, so I'd stick with Tellqvist and go back to Salo before Lundqvist.

Nah. I don't think that anyone is saying that Lundqvist should be the starter. But maybe the backup.

I think Tellqvist played excellent in the late third.

The discussion is about why Hardy Nilsson didn't show in an early stage whom he had as his starter.

Finland got ripped with the late call, but the refs knew it and did make it up to them by calling Lidström for tripping in the over time.

If Canada plays Sweden, (seeing that they make it through the first round)... I think we are gonna HAVE to see one of Brodeurs best games EVER, to help with the win.

We shouldn't have too much trouble with their goalie though... In my mind, it will be a high scoring affair.

Hmm, I shouldn't get too far ahead now tho, I mean, we do have to get through Slovakia first.

Canada should beat Slovakia. 9 times out of 10 Canada will win that game.

But if Lasak have a great night and the slovakian speedy forwards scores on their chances Slovakia can win it.

Don't underestimate Tellqvist. His performance in the third period against the finns showed what he's capable of. Don't count on scoring multiple goals on him.

There's soo many 'ifs', that, I think wut it comes down to is, having to wait till wednesday (very impatiently for that matter) to see what happens.

You can't really count any team out at this time. We all know that the Slovak team will come at us hard, and, right now, their probably the scariest thing for Team Canada. If they can manage to pull everything together just for one game, things can go badly.

Once again though, Canada will b playing just has hard. I cant wait for it.