New Goal Song?

MMPL

Simple plan sucks, but the part of the song that they are allegedly using as the goal song works well.

I was hoping they would go for either the early 2000s one that everyone loves, or the classic Les Canadiens Sont La for the 100th season.

One of the best parts of playing NHL 94 is hearing that song after a beauty Muller breakaway.

Funny how many people hate Simple Plan. I'm not a fan, but I dont hate them either. So few Montreal bands get world-wide mainstream recognition singing in their second language. That alone is enough to give them some respect.

BUT, that being said, as far as local bands go I think Priestess or Mobile could have made much better goal songs.

Or ask this band for one... ;)

Kozed, I don't like Simpleplan purely because their music is no good. If they had good music, I'd cheer for them. I too would have liked another band more. could've still done a montreal band like Sam Roberts...

But I haven't heard the song, so maybe it won't be that bad...

I would have prefered Sam Roberts to Simple Plan. Meh. At least with this SP song, I won't mind hearing it 5 times a night. :D

Don't underestimate Simple Plan's capacity to suck. This song could be so bad we'll be hoping for scoreless shootout wins.

This move just tarnishes everything. We're going to hear this stupid whiny group over and over again, and it takes away from the whole aura of class and achievement that we're supposed to be celebrating with the centennial.

Jesus H. Christ. I could deal with a mediocre U2 song, and even grew to like it.

But f_cking Simple Plan is taking it too far. I hope you can barely hear it.

God help us all.

I wasn't a big fan of the whole "Vertigo" thing at first, but when they combined it with

"City of Blinding Lights" before games and then "Where the Streets have no Name"

I kind of liked the whole package.

"Fix You" also works well because of the Youtube video.

Simple Plan? Could they have found anybody more mediocre?

Stompin' Tom Connors "Good Old Hockey Game" would be a better goal song than anything Simple Plan could dish up.

I was disappointed with Vertigo because the chord progs were ripped off other bands, but SP gives emos a reason to keep on living, and I don't support that one bit.

Hell, I would listen to the entire 1812 Overture as the Habs' goal song than anything by SP. Even with the most potent offense in the league.

I wasn't a big fan of the whole "Vertigo" thing at first, but when they combined it with

"City of Blinding Lights" before games and then "Where the Streets have no Name"

I kind of liked the whole package.

"Fix You" also works well because of the Youtube video.

I really hope the pre-game lineup remains the same....though this might have only been for the playoffs. I don't recall them using U2 and Collins before then.

In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins

Where the Streets have no name - U2

Fix you - Coldplay

Good Charlotte is the only other band that annoys me more than Simple Plan. And I agree with Maca, Sam Roberts would have been an amazing choice.

Having actually heard it, I'm not as irate as before... It seems pretty energizing and uplifting. But then again, all you can hear is bass and drums :rolleyes:

PS - Love the Jumbotron

Having actually heard it, I'm not as irate as before... It seems pretty energizing and uplifting. But then again, all you can hear is bass and drums :rolleyes:

PS - Love the Jumbotron

Thx for link.

Can't really hear the lyrics, but it seemed decent.