Montreal Canadiens vs Detroit Red Wings

Athlétique.Canadien

This fully agree with... well almost, I agree Latendresse improved, just not significantly, or at least not if you ignore his first few games in the NHL where he was mediocre, but that was just a lack of confidence, he instantly became a better player once he was promoted to the Koivu line.

Latendresse needs time, and people need to get off his back. Giving up on him, as some people suggest, would be incredibly stupid.

Excepts when it comes to Koivu, he never misses an opportunity to criticize him...

Yes and no. He does criticize Koivu alot, but it has nothing to do with language issues. It's with the fact that Koivu has slowed down(Capt. Hook) and the fact that Koivu didn't want to reduce his playing time last season. DeFoy can be hard on some players, but most of the time, it is deserved! Unlike the other twits at 110% (Jean Pagé, Michel Bergeron, Jean Perrron, Jean-Charles Lajoie, Marc Bureau). Other guys like Alain Crête, Dany Dubé, François Gagnon, Jacques demers, Gaston Therrien, Normand Flynn etc.. are all right.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good one!! It's so true! ;):D

Two years ago he said the league had figured out Souray and Huet and both made the All-Star games.

I don't know if he ever addressed the way he called both of them out at the beginning of that season.

He knows his hockey, but he likes to hear himself speak. So when you speak as much as him you say a lot

of shit. The guy is wrong a hell of a lot (I listen to him on the fan590 as the "insider") and he had his fair share

of comments about the Leafs and Habs that were way off base the last couple of seasons.

I can tolerate him in small amounts, but he is a self promoter and it is what he does best.

My overall grade - Meh +

Edited by Wamsley01

Two years ago he said the league had figured out Souray and Huet and both made the All-Star games.

He was right about Souray, but not about Huet. Huet came from nowhere and i think we can all agree, today Huet can be considered one of the top 15 goalies in the league! Souray on the other hand, will never ever have another season like he did in Montreal two years ago!

He was right about Souray, but not about Huet. Huet came from nowhere and i think we can all agree, today Huet can be considered one of the top 15 goalies in the league! Souray on the other hand, will never ever have another season like he did in Montreal two years ago!

He said it before he had the huge year. He said he was too slow and would not adapt to the new NHL. 64 points later.

He also commented on how much the Habs would miss Streit this year and the PP is a problem. How many guys are the

Habs going to plug into the PP and have Markov and Kovalev make them look like stars before they realize that it is

Markov and Kovalev?

If the Islanders believe that Streit is going to make their PP elite they are in for a shock. Souray will most likely never produce

like he did in his contract year, but with Visnovsky, Hemsky, Gagner, Cogliano, Cole etc he can still be a productive offensive player.

Edited by Wamsley01

Wow, somebody is full of himself... which is too bad because this was an interesting discussion, and you made some interesting arguments that I enjoyed reading. Unfortuanely this is obvisouly not a discussion since you feel your opinions are the only truth there can be, and therefore everything else is some misinformed, hateful, language-oriented garbage...

You read more into my sentence then I meant. Read it again, it was a neutral sentence and neither your nor I were mentioned in it.

MOst of that nonesense comes from the idiots over at 110% and from the Journal de Montréal.

RDS will soon have a show that will be competing at the same time as 110%.(it will start in November) They will have François Gagnon(who is probably the best beat reporter/journalist/commentator who follows the Habs), Alain Crête as well as a few other people. I'm sure this show will be much better than 110%.

La Zone at Radio-Canada is an underrated show, years ahead of 110%. Dubé, Ciccone & Lebeau are no-bullshit guys who are still very up-to-date with the current state of the NHL. Problem is that the show isnt 100% hockey but also deals with all sorts of other sports.

And as for the nonesense that you read in the J. de M., just avoid reading Réjean tremblay. Marc DeFoy is very good and is usually a level headed person! Anyways, I've always preferred LaPresse, as it's not a tabloid "wanna be" paper like the J. de M.!

Réjean Tremblay is a clown. A fat, old, lazy, disconnected, self-important, pompous and regional moron. On the day the Habs trade for Tanguay what does he writes about? "Not a kid drafted from the QMJHL!" What a (?*&*?%$/!!!

Bertrand Raymond's in the same vein. Guy is completely outdated. We're talking about the entire clique of old old old journalists who play a political game, the same morons who were secretly jealous of Mario Tremblay for leaving a medias job to coach the Habs and then did all they could to destroy him. Old fat cats leaving off their reputation.

Gagnon, Brunet, Dubé. There's your 3 guys who will call it straight.

Bertrand Raymond's in the same vein. Guy is completely outdated. We're talking about the entire clique of old old old journalists who play a political game, the same morons who were secretly jealous of Mario Tremblay for leaving a medias job to coach the Habs and then did all they could to destroy him. Old fat cats leaving off their reputation.

Gagnon, Brunet, Dubé. There's your 3 guys who will call it straight.

if they had only known that all they had to do was let Mario (i'm the boss asshole) tremblay coach he frick it all up on his own and boy did he ever! :lol:

La Zone at Radio-Canada is an underrated show, years ahead of 110%

Wait til the new show starts on RDS in November! It will be better than the other two!

who will host ? whow will be in ??

Alain Crête will host the show.( I like this guy. He's objective in his comments) François Gagnon will be a regular guest, and I do believe we will see Demers, Bergeron(yeah, Bergeron is now with RDS...i'm not too happy about that) I also believe Brunet will be there, So will Normand Flynn, Luc Gélinas etc...

Well it's time for my 37 cents regarding our boy Lats.

I remember when I first saw him. I was so excited that we finally replaced Claude Lemieux. Lats was awesome. Hard to the net, hard on the boards and playing with passion, and what seemed like a little hate for the other guys. Then he started injuring some guys. When I was 18, I think that this would definitely affect me mentally. I knew right away, that he was scared of hurting more people if he threw everything he had into every hit. He needed to learn the pace of the game, so he could time his hits. How much would we all love him if he kept hitting the way he did, and ended a few careers on what could have been called dirty plays. Not because they were dirty, but because his timing was off, and he crushed them from behind?

In his first year, someone got hurt. I can't remember who. I think it was Higgins ankle, when the Habs looked so Bad ass. Lats looked great on the first line. I remember myself, as well as many others on this board saying, "Wow, what are we gonna do when Higgins gets back? Lats looks so good with the first line." Then Lats disappeared to the fourth line. His +/- was horrible, but so was the entire team at even strength, so that stat means absolutely nothing to me. The +/- stat for the Habs was improved because the team improved.

Then last year, I remember thinking, "Where the hell is Lats?" I felt that his performance was exactly the same as the year before when he he was on the third and fourth lines.

So I sort of agree with both Kozed and Clone. He hasn't shown that he can have a huge impact like a dominating power forward, but he HAS shown that he is very effective when given the opportunity.

Was Steve Shutt as dominant as Phil Espisito? No way. But he was awesome when he played with Lemaire and Lafleur. He popped in so many garbage goals it wasn't funny, and I loved him for it. I think it's time for Lats to play his style with a good line. If he is still invisible playing on a top line, then we can discuss this again in 6 months, but from his past performance, I think that won't be the case.

Edited by BCHabnut

Then last year, I remember thinking, "Where the hell is Lats?" I felt that his performance was exactly the same as the year before when he he was on the third and fourth lines.

So I sort of agree with both Kozed and Clone. He hasn't shown that he can have a huge impact like a dominating power forward, but he HAS shown that he is very effective when given the opportunity.

That's one of my concerns at this point regarding Latendresse, he made his debut two years and 153 games ago as a marginal forth liner, and he finished last season still as a non-factor on the forth line, actually becoming a healthy scrath increasingly more often. Maybe he improved somewhat on some aspects of his game, and that's important if he wants to remain in the NHL on the short term, but he didn't make any significant leaps in his development.

People made a parallel to other young players who played in the NHL at a young age, however players like Joe Thornton, Zach Parise, Patrice Bergeron, Paul Statsny ... all showed significant improvements from their first year to the next. This is not necessarily a knock on Latendresse, but perhaps rather on management who didn't necessarily give him what he needed to make that leap, however it is still a concern.

My other concern is that he was a non-factor in the playoffs, which I difficult to understandfrom a big young talented power-forward who should be eager to prove himself, and do whatever he can to help the team. Of course it would be ridiculous to expect him to carry the team offensively, but I think he should at the very least have been a physical presence like Milan Lucic was... and like Latendresse was himself during his first two training camps. Where has that monster been since he signed his contract? Maybe it's related to his hit on Rob DiMaio, the timeframe seems right for not being just a coincidence, however it remains a concern.

With all this said this is a new season, Latendresse has worked hard, he's still only 21 years old, cecoming a father probably helped increase his maturity level, and at the very least he will play with skilled, offensive-minded linemates such as Robert Lang and Sergei Kostsitsyn, therefore everything seems to be in place for him to step up, and take his game to the next level.

Dude, you are not giving yourself a very good reputation as a knowledgeable fan on the boards. Are you seriously telling me that He's better than Kovy or Tanguay?? Be serious! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the warning.

Dude, I've never worried if I offended anyone if

I think I'm right. :rolleyes:

Pacioretty will be a top 2 LW, in my opinion.

I'm not so sure about Latendresse.

Pacioretty will make us re-think Tanguay, Higgins

and Latendresse as our top 3 LW's.

A.Kostitsyn should move to RW, IMO.

Speed, size, skill, grit, he's already a four tool

forward :hlogo:

And, he's close to ready. :clap:

A.Kostitsyn should move to RW, IMO.

I agree, and mostly I think we need to remove Andrei Kostsitsyn from Kovalev's shadow, and put him on his own line where he can the be the offensive leader and game breaker (like Kovalev is on that first line). He has those skills, and if he quickly emerges as that type of player, the Canadiens would have two powerful offensive lines.

For now, I understand that Carbonneau wants to play it safe, and return with the first line from last season. It makes sense, especially considering we made siginificant changes to the other lines (Tanguay, Lang) therefore a little bit of stability will be welcomed. However, as the duos progress this season, I would like to see Andrei Kostsitsyn moved to the Koivu/Tanguay line with either Latendresse or otherwise S.Kostsitsyn taking his spot on the Plekanec/Kovalev line (Sergei did quite well there last season).