Toronto vs Montreal

johnnyhasbeen

While watching the Canada vs Slovakia game last night a buddy of mine brought up a good point,rare for him as he is a Flyers fan and insists Lindros was the all time best) (but hey, Philly did put the Leafs out so...lets go flyers lol) Anyway, he mentioned that Canada should have played all their games in Montreal and pointed out the difference in crowd response. The point he made was that Torontonians were Leaf fans, not hockey fans as in Montreal. Very valid point, and hey, is it possible to be an informed hockey fan and still like the Leafs?:can::can:

It's a total cash grab, nothing more.

Say Canada plays 6 home games. They should have let a different Canadian city host one game. Montreal, Toronto, Ottawa, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg.

same with the US, say they play 4 games in the US. They should be played in places like New York, Detroit, Philadelphia, aside from Minnesota.

As for the two games that have been played at the ACC, they have been graveyards compared to Montreal.

Man did i love the crowd in Montreal, they were Amazing cheering during the national anthem and giving Mario a standing ovation! the ACC was alot quiter than in Montreal but if you watched the games Finland played man they were pretty quiet the most i heard out of them was a few bells and whistles and some clapping...

So far nothing has compared to the Fans at the Bell center for fan support in this tournament

Well, guess they'll know what decision to make next time ;)...

Really too bad not all the games could be played in Montreal... but as "Leafs Suck" said, its all about the money $$$...

Anyone who's ever been to a game in montreal, where there was a worthy, or rival opponent, knows how vicious(in a good way) things can get...

We know how to partay :king:

Originally posted by Macaskill

Well, guess they'll know what decision to make next time ;)...

Really too bad not all the games could be played in Montreal... but as "Leafs Suck" said, its all about the money $$$...  

Anyone who's ever been to a game in montreal, where there was a worthy, or rival opponent, knows how vicious(in a good way) things can get...

We know how to partay :king:

For the 1996 World Cup most of the games were held in Montreal, including the finals and the late playoff games. This year Toronto gets what Montreal got in 1996.... and for the next world cup I'm positive Montreal will get most of the games... Its fair.

I agree that Montreal should have had most of the games....The Fans simply love hockey in Montreal and the fact that Brodeur, Lemieux, Gagne, Lecavalier, St.Louis, (anyone else?) are all from the area it gives them even more reason to cheer!

I dont think there's another stadium in the world that gets as electric as the Bell Centre!....

I would also liked to have seen a white out game in Winnipeg!....Winnipeg fans are all about supporting the team and a game there would have been absolutely crazy!...

:ghg: Go :can: Go

[Edited on 2004/9/10 by Bonavistaman11]

Originally posted by johnnyhasbeen

Fair? I have to think Ottawa, vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton may disagree

Screw them ;)

Anyways this thread was about Toronto vs Montreal, thats why I said it was fair how the games were split over the years, between the 2 cities.

Hamilton too, lets not forget Canada Cup '87.

"....Gretzky in a two on one with Lemieux, in on goal, he shoots he scooooooores, Mario Lemieux"