Stewart, D'Agostini and Maxwell get Cut

markierung

No surprises here.

Stewart had a bad camp.

The other two obviously weren't ready.

I'm thrilled that Chipchurra is still around. He's playing great and deserves a spot.

RDS

Edited by markierung

TSN says that Henry hasn't been cut yet :huh:

Typo?

On habsinsideout it says he was cut.

I think bouillon was hurt. I was at the game tonight but I didn't noticed how he hurt himself.

I didn't think that Chipuchura played such a great game but he did have alot of scoring chances. he'll have to work very hard for every goal he'' score.

Henry is apparently hurt, so just like Carle, he hasn't been "cut", but he won't be joining the team in Mont Tremblant apparently.

Stewart showed a fair bit in the recent preseason games from what I've heard. But comparatively, he isn't as close as Pacioretty and Chipchura are.

And of course, Weber is still with the team. From what I gather (I haven't seen/heard any of the games), he's had a strong showing.

I don't know about the other games but against Detroit Weber got schooled pretty good a few times.

As for Chipchura, I still think that he offers much more to this team than Lapierre does.

I don't know about the other games but against Detroit Weber got schooled pretty good a few times.

As for Chipchura, I still think that he offers much more to this team than Lapierre does.

Detroit will make a lot of players look bad.

Weber's obviously not going to be a top 4 d-man starting this year. Could he be a top 6? Maybe. With Bouillon hurt, he might get a chance to play a few games. In the end, if the D remains fairly healthy, he'll play a lot more in Hamilton than in Montreal. But if the PP ever needs a kick start, he's a phone call away.

Maxwell was the one that impressed me the most at this pre-season games.

With so little experience behind him he showed that he can play centre with defensive awareness in the NHL.

Now he can go in Hamilton be the first liner, have power play time get pro experience and next year he has

a great chance of making it.

And i though there was a good chemistry with Pac. They would both benefit playing together for a 20 games stretch.

With D'agostini it would be a great line for the Dogs.

And of course, Weber is still with the team. From what I gather (I haven't seen/heard any of the games), he's had a strong showing.

he could use a few months in the AHL but he'll be there full time next year.

My Evaluation of the Habs Pre-Season thus far (based on what ive heard/saw for the prospects/bubble players/newcomers)

Latendresse...Pro/Con battle. But at least he's trying to head in the right direction!

Lapierre: I dont think he's made a splash in the water yet. However, we need him for physical presence on the 4th line

Dandenault: Waivers and hope for the best? Buyout? He really doesn't bring much to the table

Sergei Kostitsyn: Hasn't made much of an impact yet, however, will return to his original form come regular season. Looking forward seeing him play the point on one of the PP units

Chipchura: Passive on hitting; okay hands, good playmaker. I don't want him to take Lapierre's job solely because our 4th line role is to HIT

Pacioretty: Afterburners on his skates, quick shot, crisp passer, heads up player, physical....IMO, true definition of a blue chip prospect!! Best of Luck to Him!

Weber: Great vision on the ice, solid wrister and slapper, quick chemistry with whoever's out there (major plus)

Stewart: Sure he didn't have a great camp, but I can see him being a 4th liner when Begin or Kosto's time is up..he never quits on a play

Henry: Looks like he could use some development time in the minors..some costly giveaways from what i heard on CJAD a few times

Maxwell: Had an impressive camp...but nothing to rave over. He's gotta prove himself in the AHL this year to get a serious look for 09.10

D'Agostini: Good speed, good hands, good shot, good passing, good 2 way player...He's a season away from being ready IMO

Tanguay: Sounded like he was playing a lot better with Higgins and Koivu last night. Maybe...Sub Higgins and Add Latendresse if that line doesn't gel

Lang: The guy needs to work on his footspeed...he floated in the Detroit game. Nice hands in the shootout; but speed is an issue of concern...especially if he's going to be with Latendresse

Laraque: Haven't seen him...but I know he's going to be just fine :D

:hlogo: :hlogo: :hlogo:

Lang: The guy needs to work on his footspeed...he floated in the Detroit game. Nice hands in the shootout; but speed is an issue of concern...especially if he's going to be with Latendresse

Agreed on speed. But I think (and from what I've heard) he has been having a great camp.

If there's anyone on the team I'd compare Lang to, I'd say he's a slower Kovalev. Even on our third line, he should be able to hit 20 goals.

Chipchura: Passive on hitting; okay hands, good playmaker. I don't want him to take Lapierre's job solely because our 4th line role is to HIT

I disagree. I think the 4th line role is to cause trouble in the opposing team's end of the ice. Putting Chipchura with Laraque and an agitator like Lapierre, Kostopolous or Begin would give the other team fits, especially trying to get the puck away from Laraque and Chipchura along the boards. Add in Chip's ability to make a pass, and we could see some ugly chances in front of the net. Not only that, but if a guy like Begin starts doing his usual runaround routine (granted, whilst wreaking havoc) I'd like a defensive centre ready to fall back and cover for the guy.

If the energy and the big hits are coming from the wingers, I kind of like having a "passive" centerman like Chipchura on the 4th.

Lang has really impressed in games I have watched him play.

He has great hockey sense you cant teach, would not worry about his speed that much - hes an old man - doubt hes gonna get much faster now!

Hear him talk in interviews - very positive attitude, loves playing the game - think it will be infectious in the dressing room --- So glad got him instead of waiting around for Sundin !

I don't know what you guys are seeing but Chipchura isn't really turning any heads... I went to the game tuesday and he was invisible. I mean i like the guy he has character but he's just not there yet in my eyes.

he had a good game on wednesday but it isn't enough for him to stay.

with all the UFAs next year, Chipchura should have a regular roster spot.

Lang has really impressed in games I have watched him play.

He has great hockey sense you cant teach, would not worry about his speed that much - hes an old man - doubt hes gonna get much faster now!

Hear him talk in interviews - very positive attitude, loves playing the game - think it will be infectious in the dressing room --- So glad got him instead of waiting around for Sundin !

And from what I heard he's also a master at origami.

^_^