Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild

MMPL

Haven't heard lineup news yet, so post it if you can and I'll put it in the thread.

Game is at 7:00 ET. Catch it on RDS (and Zone de Match).

This is our final preseason game, so Price shoud get the nod.

Edited by MMPL

Haven't heard lineup news yet, so post it if you can and I'll put it in the thread.

This is our final preseason game, so Price shoud get the nod.

O'Byrne, Halak, Bouillon won't play.

Markov doubtful

I expect Lapierre and chipchura to play and whoeverplays better will start in montreal.

O'Byrne, Halak, Bouillon won't play.

Markov doubtful

I expect Lapierre and chipchura to play and whoeverplays better will start in montreal.

just read that on RDS.

Bob Gainey confirmant vendredi que le Tricolore commencera la saison avec les 23 joueurs déjà liés par contrat. C'est dire que Max Pacioretty, Kyle Chipchura et Yannick Weber vont entreprendre la saison à Hamilton

Bob said that everybody with an NHL contract will start the season meaning that Max, Kyle and Yannick would start in Hamilton.

of course should bouillon not be able to start, Weber would stay.

just read that on RDS.

Bob Gainey confirmant vendredi que le Tricolore commencera la saison avec les 23 joueurs déjà liés par contrat. C'est dire que Max Pacioretty, Kyle Chipchura et Yannick Weber vont entreprendre la saison à Hamilton

Bob said that everybody with an NHL contract will start the season meaning that Max, Kyle and Yannick would start in Hamilton.

of course should bouillon not be able to start, Weber would stay.

Why would Weber stay if we have Breezer around?

Why would Weber stay if we have Breezer around?

I was looking for a 7th D but I forgot about Dandy who's still around.

A.Kostitsyn-Plekanec-Kovalev;

Higgins-Koivu-Tanguay;

Latendresse-Lang-S.Kostitsyn;

Bégin-Lapierre-Kostopoulos.

Edited by marky_and_komi

Dandy better be moved, I like the guy but he is pretty useless.

I don't think he's useless... he's just not required and/or necessary for our team.

I don't think he's useless... he's just not required and/or necessary for our team.

I agree, he doesn't fit here at all.

I agree, he doesn't fit here at all.

I think as a 7th defender and 13th forward you can't get much better than Dandy. He has speed to burn, is coachable, versatile, and as a depth player, very reliable. He also has valuable experience and knows what it takes to win big games. His contract is unfortunate, but that's what probably makes him almost impossible to move as well.

I think as a 7th defender and 13th forward you can't get much better than Dandy. He has speed to burn, is coachable, versatile, and as a depth player, very reliable. He also has valuable experience and knows what it takes to win big games. His contract is unfortunate, but that's what probably makes him almost impossible to move as well.

Except he doesn't want that role. He wants to be an everyday player, and has said so on two separate occasions to the press.

Gahh, so that's it for Chipper for now then?

As for lineups, from Habinsideout:

The forward lines – and it's a good bet they'll be facing the Sabres when the season begins in Buffalo – are:

AK46 - Tomas Plekanec - Alex Kovalev

Christopher Higgins - Saku Koivu - Alex Tanguay

Guillaume Latendresse - Robert Lang - SK74

Steve Bégin - Maxim Lapierre - Tom Kostopoulos

Francis Bouillon's injury means Yannick Weber gets another start, paired on defence with Mathieu Dandenault.

Carey Price in nets.

As for lineups, from Habinsideout:

The forward lines – and it's a good bet they'll be facing the Sabres when the season begins in Buffalo – are:

Well I'd say yeah that's our lineup other than Laraque for either Kosto or Begin.

Edited by MMPL

I hope we don't face these guys for the cup... not sure we could beat them. They do a great job of taking away the offense's space.

I doubt it. I'm not even expecting Minny to make the playoffs this year.

I doubt it. I'm not even expecting Minny to make the playoffs this year.

I doubt it too, but once again we are seeing a team that knows how to beat Montreal.. play physical and take the space away.

Montreal sure does have trouble handling "pressure" on the puck handler. Hopefully they can improve on it this year as that is huge in the playoffs.

we were off the whole game. no coordination, passes in the skate.....

Nothing too constructive to say about this game...

I disagree.

The Kosto-Lapierre-Begin line was all over Minn 4th.

Some good plays by the 3 other lines.

D was not that good.

Not every teams got 9 games in 13 days...

I really like Tanguay at the point on PP.

Except he doesn't want that role. He wants to be an everyday player, and has said so on two separate occasions to the press.

Does it really matter what he 'wants?'

Can we trade Saku for Miko ?

Never ends, does it.