Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild

MMPL

Good Morning Ladies. I was at the Bell Centre tonight! This was probably the worst game i've ever seen "live". It was obvious that our boys were not really into this game. Passes were in the skates, there was almost no second effort, and when we did put a little pressure on the Minnesota defense, Backstrom was there to make the save!

Thankfully this was a pre-season game, and it doens't mean sh.it!

I really liked the Koivu, Tanguay Higgins line...give them another 10 games, and I get the impression that they will dominate the league!

Price was good. there wasn't much he could do on the first 2 goals, but the 3rd goal was a weak goal!

Does it really matter what he 'wants?'

If he's going to be a malcontent about his role, then yeah it does. I'd rather have a green rookie who wants to be here than a jaded veteran who won't accept what he is to the team.

Three things happened last night that scare me. I know it was pre season but this was the line-up that pretty much will start the season. So without getting too freaked out I hope we don't see much of it.

1. Carey getting beat on the glove side!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't let this be a weak spot. All announcers are talking about it, all players are shooting for it and succeeding. He needs to start shutting that part of the net down like Backstrom did on Latendresse and those whispers around the league will go away.

2. Lazy effort. I know pre-season, but I hate when they don't show up, even if it's a scrimmage. The Detroit games were awesome, we need constant intensity like that.

3. 5 ON 5. When we run into a disciplined team that doesn't take penalties we're screwed. Hopefully this is not another season of top notch scoring only to be run out of the play-offs because our powerplay doesn't win us the game.

@Habsfan Nice o hear the encouraging words about the Koivu Line, hopefully they can change the 5 on 5 issue that's been haunting us the past three years.

Edited by HABBER-oooooKNOWS

ugh... So my internet crashed about 20 minutes before game time last night, meaning I wasn't able to watch... well, apparently I didn't miss too much. Hopefully better next game. but yeah, from a quick read of some of the comments here and on habsinsideout, I feel a bit of concern too, considering we played what's essentially our starting lineup and had such a weak outing... hopefully more intensity and effort next game...

1. Carey getting beat on the glove side!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry about it. Roland will get him together, Carey will recover.

Edited by MMPL

Don't worry about it. Roland will get him together, Carey will recover.

Price hasnt shown enough improvement since last season to give any hope of becoming the franchise goalie some hyped him up to be. He should be sent back to the AHL to make room for Cedrick Desjardins...

^_^

Price hasnt shown enough improvement since last season to give any hope of becoming the franchise goalie some hyped him up to be. He should be sent back to the AHL to make room for Cedrick Desjardins...

I hope that was sarcasim.

^_^

Haha, good one ^_^

1. Carey getting beat on the glove side!!!!!!!!!!! Please don't let this be a weak spot. All announcers are talking about it, all players are shooting for it and succeeding. He needs to start shutting that part of the net down like Backstrom did on Latendresse and those whispers around the league will go away.

I was there for my 4 year old son's first game. He was disappointed they did not score or win, but his highlight was meeting

Youppi. The only excitement for the little guy was Begin's fight at the end. Oh well, next year maybe they will score for him :)

As for Price, the only glove side goal landed right in the top shelf under the crossbar. No goalie in the league stops that. Backstrom's save

on Latendresse was spectacular but if it was in the same place as the first Minny goal then Backstrom has NO CHANCE.

The 3rd goal was weak and broke their back. Down 3 to Minny with less than a period is essentially game over.

It was a sloppy game, but without Backstrom standing on his head it is probably a different result.

I was there for my 4 year old son's first game. He was disappointed they did not score or win, but his highlight was meeting

Youppi. The only excitement for the little guy was Begin's fight at the end. Oh well, next year maybe they will score for him :)

As for Price, the only glove side goal landed right in the top shelf under the crossbar. No goalie in the league stops that. Backstrom's save

on Latendresse was spectacular but if it was in the same place as the first Minny goal then Backstrom has NO CHANCE.

The 3rd goal was weak and broke their back. Down 3 to Minny with less than a period is essentially game over.

It was a sloppy game, but without Backstrom standing on his head it is probably a different result.

I didn't see the game, just highlights on TSN. I'm not setting off alarms, just bummed after such an exciting pre-season to go down so limp as they were. Probably not as bummed as your son but hey meeting Youppi can definitely be cool for a 4 yr old.

anybody else think Latendresse played Great!

I kept an eye on Guillaume on saturday (in between 11$ beers, well actually, it's 10$ but you gotta give the guy a tip, so it comes out to 11$ a beer!) and I could definitely say that his skating has improved. He is no loner one of the slow guys on the ice!

I thought he played a good game, but by the time the 3rd period rolled along, i was starting to get a little drunky drunky and was paying more attention to the hot ladies in attendance rather than the game(after Minnesota scored the 3rd goal, it was essentially game over!) ;)

Edited by Habsfan

I kept an eye on Guillaume on saturday (in between 11$ beers, well actually, it's 10$ but you gotta give the guy a tip, so it comes out to 11$ a beer!) and I could definitely say that his skating has improved. He is no loner one of the slow guys on the ice!

I thought he played a good game, but by the time the 3rd period rolled along, i was starting to get a little drunky drunky and was paying more attention to the hot ladies in attendance rather than the game(after Minnesota scored the 3rd goal, it was essentially game over!) ;)

Wow. I thought Yankee Stadium was bad (7$ a beer)

I'm surprised they haven't started offering 2 for 1 the way that the economy is going.... :wacko:

That's only 10%, that's a pretty stingy tip ;)

That's only 10%, that's a pretty stingy tip ;)

Yeah, well seeing as I got all my beer at the counter(and not while I was in my seat) the guy on the other side of the counter didn't ahve much to do to serve me my beer! Also, had he been a hot girl, I would have tipped more, but he was an old guy (Maurice), and seems happy with my 1$ tip!;);)